Charger Forums banner

Can you cancel a car order if it has a VON

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TB1458DE 
#1 ·
Lease on my Charger SXT was up, so I ordered my car two days ago 12/22, Avenger RT. Much better than what I have now in my SXT.

Not really too important, but my dad wants me to downgrade to the friggin 4 cylinder SXT.... he wants to cancel it and order that instead

Im wondering if he would be able to do that, because I am pretty sure he is trying to.... as I type this

I have a VON, and am hoping that means its in the system, and there is no way to stop building it.

I am pretty sure thats what a VIN is..... but anyone who knows with VIN/VONs, then let me know :)

#2 ·
the von is vehicle order number

the vin is vehicle identification number

i believe the von is the number they give you when your placing an order. the identification number is what will be on the inside of your door when you get your car.

#4 ·
How old are you? Was the car ordered in your name, his, or both? If his name is on the contract, he can cancel the car. He may lose a deposit if there was one. But they can't force him to take the car.

If you're of legal age, and the contract is solely in your name, he can't cancel it.

#5 ·
Its a corporate lease... basically all I need to know is

if the car has a VON, will the factory make it for sure? or what significance does the VON hold?

If so, there is nothing I have to worry about

#7 ·
They cant force you to PAY money...he dosent have to accept the car...he may lose his $500.00 deposit. Damn boy you pissed someone off...O and BTW i got my car(custom order..guy never picked it up)

#8 ·
No, its a factory lease, no down payment, he let me order the RT fine, I didnt piss him off.

My sister on the other hand is a lazy pig who wont get a job, so I have to pay 220$ a month, and she will probably pay nothing, so he wants to get the SXT which would be 130$ a month... so I would be basically paying for her to get it

Even though I got the car because I got a job, he just wants "easier payments" and says she will get a job.

How long does it take for a VON to become a VIN?

#9 ·
No, its a factory lease, no down payment, he let me order the RT fine, I didnt piss him off.

My sister on the other hand is a lazy pig who wont get a job, so I have to pay 220$ a month, and she will probably pay nothing, so he wants to get the SXT which would be 130$ a month... so I would be basically paying for her to get it

Even though I got the car because I got a job, he just wants "easier payments" and says she will get a job.

How long does it take for a VON to become a VIN?
when the car is built.

#10 ·
Typically there is no sales contract drawn up when a car is ordered and the VON is created. With no contract you can cancel the order at any time but you risk losing any deposit you put down.

You should also be able to make changes to the order (add and remove options) up to the point where the VIN is assigned, but this can delay your order if they reschedule your build due to parts availability. If I recall corretly, the VIN usually gets assigned a week or so before the car is built: the assembly plant confirms parts availability and scheduling, then batches their production orders and runs all the VINs for a week or two at once. Even after the VIN is assigned you can cancel your order with the dealer; the dealer then has the option of cancelling the order or taking the car and putting it on the lot with the rest of their cars.

#11 ·
I ordered a car and cancelled the order when the car was delivered to the dealership, I got the deposit back and they kept the car and sold it to someone else. No contract signed, no deal. Deposit MUST be returned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.