Charger Forums banner

Hidden Screens/tricks 11' Charger???

22K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  AvsBest 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there are any hidden screen in the EVIC or the 8.4 Nav for the 2011 chargers that have been discovered yet.

#2 ·
I found that if you press the power button, the screen has all kinds of wonderful colours on it!

jk

It would be cool if the SRT Performance screens were available on all the 8.4 units, and not just the SRT cars.

...I know, i know...it makes SRT unique, but still.

#3 ·
I agree, I saw the SRT screens on a post and was a little disappointed when they weren't available under more on my Nav screen. I'll have to play with some button combos in the garage tonight and see if I can find any easter eggs.

#4 ·
Hey, just found this on the 2011 Challenger so this should work for the chargers too, possibly???

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f39/2011-base-r-t-owners-have-you-extended-evic-55742/

"I can't confirm (my car is 20 miles away), but I just spoke to the Engineer here at work that supossedly programed the EVIC controls for the new style steering wheels. He tells me to get the EVIC into engineering mode, you press the "UP" arrow button for 5 seconds and then (within a second) the "Down" arrow. Now, I don't remember (because of those damn rabbit trails I always go on) if the down arrow is to be held for 5 seconds or just release it? Anyone with a 2011 want to try and confirm this?"

#6 ·
I'm going to see what I can find. If it burns down you owe me a new car! And all the mods I have too!

#8 ·
Yep, no luck on me either. I tried some other combos also with no luck. There has to be something there. I wonder if you have to do it through the actual nav instead of the steering wheel controls or if you have to be in a certain menu before it will work.

#9 ·
Is the 0-60 timer gone from the EVIC in the 2011 models?

#10 ·
None of that, at least not that we know of yet. I know the NAV has a screen that will display your mph.

#12 ·
So far I've tried a ton of combos on my steering wheel controls with no luck. In the regular EVIC menu you can get the old hidden screens from pre 11' models except for the gas, compass, and 0-60 and 1/4 mile timers. It has oil pressure, temp, digital speedo, trans temp, etc... Hopefully someone will figure this out. It must be some combo of correct menu on nave or evic before doing some steering whell combo. Anyone know someone who works for Dodge that can ask???

#13 ·
Looks like our inside connection is resumespeed. It's like these cars were top secret projects lol. Aftermarket Vendors like Hotchkis couldn't even get valid information about the Chargers from their sources.

#14 ·
The directions in that post may not be as clear as should be. Just to be sure, try this.

1. Make sure you are on the Temp/Compass display.
2. Hold the UP button for a good 8 seconds (count one one thousand, two one thousand, etc.)
3. Immediately switch to the down button and hold it until the display changes (up to 8 seconds.)

Nine out of ten times this works. Occasionally I need to do this twice.

NOTE: If this does work, be aware that the only way to revert the display is to turn the car off. Notice that that means that it will revert every time you turn the car off.

Hope this does the trick. I'd be surprised if the 2011 Charger evic isn't just like the 2011 Challenger evic.

#15 ·
Our EVIC is different from the Challenger but I gave it a shot anyway lol. In the beginning nothing is happening because I'm holding the buttons down. I had already tried it in other screens before I made the vid.

#20 ·
Well this sucks... I have no clue why they would have deleted those information screens from the previous models.. it's kinda annoying.

#23 ·
I don’t know if this has been posted somewhere else yet but I found that if you press the driver's climate temp +, driver's climate temp - , and front defrost button all at the same time and hold for ~5 seconds you get the dealer mode. Also press driver's climate temp +, driver's climate temp - , and rear defrost button at the same time and hold ~5 seconds to take a screen shot if you have a USB flash drive inserted.

#24 ·
It has never been posted here, I didn't know.

I tried and it works! Thanks for that even though it's kinda useless. I tried a few other combination but I got nothing. I want my 0-60!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.