Charger Forums banner

Anyone know how to remove the trunk lock cylinder?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  teezy 
#1 ·
Has anyone had to remove the trunk lock cylinder on the Charger yet? I'm going to add the blackout panel decal to the rear decklid, but I need to get the lock out so I can get the decal behind the trim ring. It looks like it is held in place with a spring clip from behind, but I don't know how to disengage the cylinder from the actual latch mechanism. Anyone have any experience doing this?

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
just checked the 2005 lx manual i have and it didnt cover it AT ALL!! At least i couldn't find it. Call or stop by your local dealership....they should be able to give you 5 minutes of support.

#3 ·
Thanks, PaCharger. I had my car in for service today (nav radio replacement), and they showed me how to get the cylinder out. Really easy, just a few clips and pins. I'll have to post pics once I get the decal on. By the way, your ride looks great! Magnesium truly is the fastest color...

#6 ·
Why do you want a camera looking backwards? Everything behind us is small and getting smaller.....course you could save the images to document your kills...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.