Charger Forums banner

Eng light came on! code P0306 #6 misfire detected! WTF!?

25K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Gilgamesh 
#1 ·
came on wednesday and noticed my fuel mpg started to go down. hooked up my flashpaq and code 3 codes. P0306 cylinder G-misfire detected cylinder 6; U1408 no fault detected; U0184 lost comm with radio

put the car back to stock settings and bringing it in asap. i had an appt tomorrow to fix that dreaded front suspension rattle at low speeds. I'll keep u guys posted. last guy that had this code messed his eng up pretty bad. i have no internal mods that would void my warranty all i have is cai and a full exhaust system. no cam, heads or nos so i'll keep u guys posted.
Wish me luck!

#3 ·
just dropped the car off. its weird because as soon as i set the flashpaq back to stock settings the light went off. is that normal? i didnt clear the codes because i wanted my dealer to see the eng light. when i dropped it off i told the service rep that the light went out & he said that happens and the cpu should have the codes in the database as long as i didnt clear them. i told him i used a diagnostic cpu u know the ones u can buy at pep boys to look up codes that your car trips (didnt wanna tell the rep "oh i used my flashpaq to look up these codes"). anyways hope they fix her because the gas mileage was bad. i mean i could see my gas needle move with not even that much driving. it was like i had a 7.0L engine

#10 ·
just dropped the car off. its weird because as soon as i set the flashpaq back to stock settings the light went off. is that normal? i didnt clear the codes because i wanted my dealer to see the eng light. when i dropped it off i told the service rep that the light went out & he said that happens and the cpu should have the codes in the database as long as i didnt clear them. i told him i used a diagnostic cpu u know the ones u can buy at pep boys to look up codes that your car trips (didnt wanna tell the rep "oh i used my flashpaq to look up these codes"). anyways hope they fix her because the gas mileage was bad. i mean i could see my gas needle move with not even that much driving. it was like i had a 7.0L engine
Whats wrong with that ?!?!!? :)

#6 ·
I had the same misfire codes along with a check engine light and engine stalls. I could never get it to the dealer with the check engine light on. They were no help. I stopped buying high grade fuels at low priced stations and the problem has not come back. In fact the last check engine light I had with misfire codes was cleared by high end mid grade fuel!

#9 ·
Any idea on where there's more info on the TSB for this? Or the TSB itself?

I've had the P0302 (misfire on cylinder #2) a couple times now. Dealer said it was due to a fouled sparkplug, and that I needed to do the 30K tune up.

So I changed the plugs, oil etc. and was good for about a week, then the P0302 came back!

I read on another thread that the coil pack may be bad? Should I take it back to the dealer for them to tell me some story? Or is there something I can do myself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.