Charger Forums banner

How many MPG do you get

6K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  Lainar 
#1 ·
How many miles per gallon do you get. Please state whether it is imperial gallon or a US gallon.
A realistic average for a week or a month with the type of driving you do.
And engine size of course

#5 ·
Yeah thats about what I get, Im kind of a lead foot too haha

#6 ·
Having a HEMI will do that :bigthumb:

#10 ·
Yep, me too. I seem to average 18 on my weekly commute which is about 70/30 highway/city (around 15 on a fun-filled lead foot weekend drive around) in my 2006 SRT-8

The interesting thing is that I used to average 19-20 with my 2005 Magnum SXT AWD on the weekly commute and 24 on looong highway trips.

#8 ·
Please reference my signature. I believe it's US gallons. Heavy emphasis on city driving. I manage 25MPG without fail for any highway driving and if the speed is in the 50MPH range easily 30MPG, sustained.

#11 ·
I get 19.5-20 mpg around town and 24-25 hwy @ 70 with A/C on using 89 octane and ACES IV/QuantumBlue.

Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040

#12 ·
SRT 17.4mpg @120mph :D

SXT 20mpg @120mph

I have a lead foot in everything I drive. The HEMI just gets there faster.

#16 ·
I average 18-19mpg for a normal tank with MDS disabled.

#21 ·
I've always pretty much gotten the same milage since I got my Charger (5.7), about 17MPG (US gallons). The only time it really drops below that is in the winter when I use the remote starter, and in the really hot days of summer.

Funny how some pretty much identical cars vary so much in milage. My sister and mother both got new 73 Cutlasses, and they were built a few days apart. The one my mom got was loaded, and my sister's was pretty stripped. Both had identical drivetrains, 350 V8's, auto trans, and I think, a 3.21 rear axle ratio. My mother's car got much better milage from day one, ran better, and was quicker from 1-60 by about a second. A couple of attempts to figure out why failed to find anything at all. I even played with the timing to see if maybe the line on the balancer was wrong, and looked at the cam and weights in the distributor to see if they were sticking. Nope, they were fine, and bumping up the timing just made my sister's car ping. A later carb swap with another car failed to make any difference. It just was..

#23 ·
I've seen 21 mpg on EVIC from my 6.1 at 75 with cruise control on. I've also seen 5 mpg at various points in time (like the dragstrip). Didn't really buy the car for the fuelly factor, tho...

#27 ·
And I'm doing the same for '07s .... LOL

Here's my Fuelly avg :D

And that's mostly local / low speed driving ... the traffic going to/from work doesn't help much (I work only 1 town away from where I live and taking the hwy is pointless, it takes longer ...)

On the hwy, I do average about 21 at a steady 70 or so, and that goes to about 23-24 at about 55 .... but who can drive 55 ? :lol:

On a side note:

Those of you saying you're lead-foots and then you say you average 17 city is BS !

There's no way you'll drive fast in a 340+hp 4,000lb sedan and get that kind of mpg's ...

Even when I baby it, I still only do about 13 in the city ... :banghead:

#28 ·
Nice timing for this thread. I just finished an around-the-country trip during which I put 8000 miles on the car during the past 7 weeks. I track my mileage by the tank: this varied from a high of 26.8mpg and a few times in the 24-25 range when I was driving all highways to a low of 19mpg when I was staying awhile in some city.

Cruise control worked pretty well. I can remember doing 82 in Iowa and not touching the pedal for a couple of hours and still getting around 23.5mpg for that stretch. Had to caravan with my friend's 24 foot moving truck on the way back and I found that the sweet spot for the best gas mileage seemed to be in the 60-63mph range.

#30 ·
Ok these are all Imperial Gallons

On my 09 SRT8 Super Bee, my last in town tank was 16.60 MPG
Just did a 2055 Kilometer Road Trip. Fueled up 4 times and my average was 26.05 MPG.

This was done the old fashioned way Kilometers Driven / liters used and then converted to MPG's

I must say I am suprised. This is the first NEW vehicle that I haVve bought that actually has gotten what it is rated for, and on top of that is a 6.1 L motor. This car gets as good as my daytona did 95% of the time. Average for my daytona was about 26 as well.

Love this car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.