Charger Forums banner

Gloss Spray Over Plasti Dip Rims

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  2012_Black_Max 
#1 · (Edited)
So over the weekend I decided to spray my rims with some gloss spray paint.

Reason I did this was because I was getting a little tired of the matte look and it turned out looking pretty awesome!

I think this coming weekend im going to fo the same over my stripes on the sides.

The Rims Before i glossed them are in my Sig Pic

#4 ·
Got a close-up? Did you use regular gloss clear or did you try the Plasti Dip Glossifier?

#5 ·
Ill get a close up of them tomorrow (hopefully its sunny out) but, i used just regular gloss, thought about the glossifier but i didnt see any issues with using regular gloss so i went with that

#7 ·
Yeah thats why I asked. I was thinking of doing the same when its warm out. I just want to see how glossy it would be either way.

#8 ·
Ill get a few close up pictures tomorrow for you, I personally like the gloss, havent seen the glossifier but from videos on youtube actual gloss seems to shine more. Plus it seals the PD :rocker:

#9 ·
Thats what I was thinking as well. I didn't like the black at first but it has really grown on me. I would really like to redo & gloss them in the summer.

#10 ·
Got before and after ?

#11 ·
I have used the glossifier on my wheels a few times. I like it a little more that gloss paint. It adds more protection and builds up more layers. Plus cleaning the plastidip would be easier that keeping the paint clean and scratch free. You can get a "Dip Washer" which is basically a rubber wash cloth that cleans the plastidip perfectly with soap and water. Add some Mothers tire shine gel right to the plasti and it shines like crazy.

#18 ·
I do like the gloss a lot better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.