Charger Forums banner

Problem updating Trinity

11K views 58 replies 14 participants last post by  450whpsrt4 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2012 Super Bee so i purchased a new trinity to tune it.The problem is i cant find the file to update it.I have downloaded the dsdownloader and the drivers but there is no file for a update. Am i missing something? Everytime i click the update tool button it looks for a file that is not there.

#2 ·
I have a 2012 Super Bee so i purchased a new trinity to tune it.The problem is i cant find the file to update it.I have downloaded the dsdownloader and the drivers but there is no file for a update. Am i missing something?
You have to download the crom file. Once you click on the trinity to update, It will ask you to for a model number of the product, and once you add it in, it will show you the latest crom files for the tuner.

#4 ·
First you need to register your trinity... Install the DSdownloader and run that. The serial number is on the white sticker on the back of the trinity.

Once you have registered it go to the site... Then go to Downloads... Choose trinity at the bottom of the drop box then enter your serial# in the box and hit enter... You should now see the new Tune updates for download. It should be the file:

trinity_dcx_gas-1r09b_update.crom

Honestly I think the site is having issues because they are not showing for me and I already downloaded them.

The file is 2.8MB

#20 ·
#24 ·
before i upload the 93 oct tune is their anything special i should be aware of?
i did use this trinity on my 08 charger and i unmarried it before i traded the car in.
the dealer said i still have to clear the vin from the trinity before i use it on my 2012. is this necessary and how do i clear it?

#33 ·
yeah i know, the first time was a faulty unit. this time is unknown at the moment.
the trinity worked on my 08 just fine. everything was done by the book and was all good until the final key cycle. then the trinity locked itself in a loop of the same windows. original backup, write, fail, then restarts. know the car has no tune and yet again im without a car.
i was on diablo forums last night and found people with the same problem, but they were able to install their backup after the 93 oct. tune failed.

#35 ·
been their done that 40 times.
i was on the phone with diablo for 2 hours today. we started from scatch with everything right down to a new stock flash. i just tried to update the car and everything failed again. the battery it at 13.0 volts, before anybody posts up low voltage. thats not the problem here.
i cant even force anything. now im just waiting back for a reply.

#37 ·
UPDATE: got the car running today. i charged up the battery, took both pos. and neg. off and touch them together for 15 seconds to discharge the system. i let them unhooked for 45 min.
i hooked them back up and did the calibration update with no problem. it will still say press clutch in even though you have an auto.
the latest update is 1r09c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.