Charger Forums banner

Turn Signal Problem?

23K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JZ1276 
#1 ·
In my 2007 charger my turn signal stick has been messing up lately. Whenever I turn my wheel more then 90 degree's it clicks when I don't engage it and some times when I do engage it stays on or after the turn it swaps to the other signal. For example I flipped on my right turn signal to switch streets and after my turn was complete it went to the left turn signal by itself? Does anyone know how to fix this? It's been driving me crazy lately.

#5 ·
My 08 Charger is having this blinker issue. Please reply and let me know what the diagnostic was on yours and if Chrysler covered it. Looks like the need to recall this part.
You joined the Forum with a user name of charger08blinkerissues just to get info on your blinker issue??? Seriously???

Do you have any idea what this forum is all about? Do you intend to be a part of this community or are you just looking for a quick information fix?

Just because you are having a problem doesn't mean Chrysler needs to recall it...or we need to help you just because you asked.

If you plan to stick around and be a part of the Forum and we get to know you a bit, you'll find folks here will go out of their way to help. Go to the new member section and introduce yourself and help folks get to know you.

#6 ·
Ddaddy I was replying to plumcrazy26 and yes I am trying to find help for my issue. What do you do stalk the forums and look for people to pick on? I have researched this issue extensively online and have found that many people have this issue which does indicate they may need to recall the part. So sorry I'm not socializing with everyone or following your protocol. If I saw a question I knew the answer to from having the same experience I would have no problem helping someone out. Obviously you can't help me so why even reply? Are you some sort of forum bully? I don't really have time to argue but maybe you have too much time on your hands.

#7 ·
Your accusations are unfounded and you clearly don't get this place and how it works. I am trying to help you become part of this community and get help with your problem. If you can't understand that, then have a good day and good luck with your problem.

BTW, I can answer your question and help you resolve the problem. Your steering stalk needs to be adjusted or has failed and needs to be replaced.

Too bad you don't care to be social and become a part of the forum. Otherwise I would point you to the links that would help you adjust the stalk and see if it resolved the problem or determine if it needs to be replaced.

I'm sorry it's too much effort for you to participate.

#8 ·
Thank you

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. My husband and his father restore classic cars, and are great mechanics. He knew what the issue was but wanted me to research it. I'm not used to online forums; I thought they were meant for this type of thing. I'll try to change my user name at some point.

I'm taking the car in tomorrow for a diagnostic. If anyone is interested in the outcome I will post it. Thanks again.

#9 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the comments. My husband and his father restore classic cars, and are great mechanics. He knew what the issue was but wanted me to research it. I'm not used to online forums; I thought they were meant for this type of thing. I'll try to change my user name at some point.

I'm taking the car in tomorrow for a diagnostic. If anyone is interested in the outcome I will post it. Thanks again.
I sincerely hope you choose to become a part of the Forum, we'd love to have you here. Please let us know how it turns out. I'm sure your information from the diagnostic will be helpful other to folks here. :)

#12 ·
For a clicking noise turning wheel, no canceling when straightening the wheel, the cause is the cancel cam which is on the clockspring under the steering wheel. The cam is just a plastic tab and cracks or breaks off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.