Charger Forums banner

SRT 8 Best choice ?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  MuscleCar 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 07 charger now thinking about upgrading to the 2013 300 srt8 does anyone know what i could be expecting to pay and for the money would this be the best option ?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
At least 52-54,000K at least for the ones I have seen on the lots,Best choice would be your personal preference.

#3 ·
I stepped up to a '12 Bee from a 2010 300S. Love the handling, its so much tighter, the Brembos are outstanding, the looks of the SRT's to me is the 2nd biggest factor after the 392. My wife likes the new Daytona but she knew that I would never be happy with anything we got unless it was an SRT.
I have seen some '13 Super Bees advertized for $43k and SRT8's going for $47-$50k +.
You might find some deals on some leftover '12's.

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
All depends on the drive you want to do. I got mine for 5k under MSRP. Drove over 600 miles to get it. Also that was right before winter and alot of people aren't buying cars like these. Alot of dealers mark them down sometimes just have to put in work and look for it. The dealer i went to still has a red one for 4 grand off. What area ya live in?

Had to register on this site to help ya out lol.

#8 ·
Crap, I missed that too. Your looking at $48-$55k.
I upgraded from a 300S, I always like the ride of the charger better. The C SRT is bad as well in its own right. I got tired of getting pulled over in my 300, kept getting Profiled. Got pulled over on the way back from the dealership after having it appraised. Told my wife we were getting the Bee no matter what. I've been pulled over 8 times in 3 different states and never given a ticket. I wanted to put a sticker on my rear window that said "I dont deal drugs and I'm white".

#9 ·
In the category, yes, hands down the SRT8 is the best value, period. The only reason you'd go with something else is because it's slower, or you care about the hood ornament and how people perceive you.

There's a $3k price difference between the Charger and 300 US, and your best bang-for-the-buck option is the SuperBee. We almost bought one, but the wife hated the yellow, and I don't have the patience to own a clean black car. 2013 Bees are available in white. I'd recommend the paddle shifters as a minimum if you're going the SuperBee route.

We drove everything else that could be considered competition with or without 4 doors: S4, S5, S6, CTS-v, C63 AMG, M5 (2009; no 2013s avail in May), ZL1, Boss 302. Nothing comes close to offering this amount of grin and utility for this little coin. That should be SRT's mantra.

#11 ·
Yeah, it is messed up. I learned first with my BMW (which I was also profiled in) that when the officer came up to the car with his/her hand on their sidearm, if I hung my arm out the window they would then totally relax. I have a friend who's dad is an ex Texas state trooper and he backed up my theory. Texas is a high drug trafficer area, and I had 2 cars popular with the lifestyle.

#13 · (Edited)
Also is going to cost more. i'm happy with my 13. And the trans has proven it self over the years.

I did that before buying the first year of a new car and engine and had nothing but problems. Plus i think the super charger would have pushed me out of the price rang. So It would have done no good for me to wait for it. Plus there aren't to many people on the road that can keep up with me let along pass me. :eek:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.