Charger Forums banner

New item - Auto Meter ecometer fuel mileage gauge - plug and play @ PFYC.com

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Badflame101 
#1 · (Edited)
New Product! Keep tabs on your car's average and instantaneous mileage and your driving habits with our easy to install, inexpensive, high quality ecometer gauge.

The ecometer by Auto Meter is a fuel consumption eco-gauge that helps drivers visually monitor how their driving style impacts their vehicle's fuel consumption.

This innovative gauge plugs into your car's OBD (diagnostic) port to capture key engine and vehicle parameters. This stylish 2 1/16 inch gauge will fit all of the gauge pod holders we offer and also in many locations inside your car or truck.

List of Features:

• Customizable to the specic vehicle's type (compact, full size, crossover/mini-van or truck/SUV)
  • Uses proprietary software to calculate fuel economy performance (real time and/or average)
  • Display real time fuel economy performance in both a radial energy consumption graph and in a precise, easy-to-read digital format
  • Offers 4 different modes that can be easily selected by the driver at the touch of a button
  • Display any of the following: Instantaneous Fuel Economy, Average Fuel Economy, Digital Tachometer with Instantaneous Fuel Economy, Digital Speedometer with Instantaneous Fuel Economy

Installation couldn't be simpler - locate your OBD port, plug the connector in, find a location to hide the single wire, install the gauge where you want it, and you're done!

NOTE: This guage works only in vehicles equipped with a CAN bus for the OBD/diagnostic system. This includes all 2008 and newer, most 2006 and newer, and many 2004 and newer vehicles. For a complete list of pre-2008 vehicles that are compatible, please click here.

Please click below to go to the ordering page.

Auto Meter ecometer 9100

----------------

To see a full listing of our brand new items, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our current sales and specials, please click here.

See less See more
#4 ·
My biggest complaint about the Charger was the lack of instaneaneous mpg display.

#10 ·
What kind of mounting hardware comes with it?

#14 ·
I'd be willing to bet it would work just fine on the 2006 Charger. Most retailers only know what the manufacturer recommends, and not what it actually works on, so will not try to tell you if it will or will not work on anything else. I highly doubt anything in the electronics changed drastically from 2006 to 2007 to render it unusable. It's probably just that Autometer never did any R&D on a 2006 Charger with it so never actually listed the 2006 model year as compatible. I had a 2007 Dodge Caliber with the 2.0L 4cyl. AEM had released a CAI for the 2.4L but didn't list anything for the 2.0l. They are much like the 3.5L and 2.7L in the Chargers were the CAI from one will work on the other. 1 year after they released the CAI for the 2.4L, they were looking for 2.0L owners to test fit the intake. They eventually used my car for test fitting and shortly after, the intake was now listed for both the 2.4l and 2.0l. But before they did that test fit, if you called AEM, they would tell you they did not make any intakes to fit the 2.0L motor.

#15 ·
Brian is correct regarding the way companies usually test/advertise products, although in this case, something tells me that the 2006 had some sort of important computer incompatibility which is causing it not to work with the gauge. Without testing, as Brian mentioned, we can't be sure.

Intakes and other "hardware" are different in that there is no software that requires compatibility. In this case, my guess would be that there is some difference that means it won't work on 2006, but if anyone out there has a 2006 and a friend with an Ecometer, we'd all love to hear more.

#16 ·
Not concrete, but the PIDs on the CANbus are present in 2006. The DashHawk and DashDAQ and similar devices can pull the PIDs, so they exist. There wasn't a change in 2006 that should make it any different from a 2007. 2008+ on the other hand underwent a revision and I worked as a beta tester for the DashDAQ to support the new codes. (I actually calculate instant MPG and display it on my DD all the time.) I strongly expect this device to work just fine though unfortunately I can't prove it.

#18 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.