Charger Forums banner

3.5 to a 3.6?

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  IBDAGRIZ 
#1 ·
Thinking of switching my 3.5 to a 3.6. Was wondering if there is a huge difference. Thought of switching to an rt but payments would be to expensive. Can I get some opinions, thanks.

#7 ·
Its in your head haha an Intake hurts performance in most cases even K&N intakes, Unless its a true Cold Air Intake which gets air from outside the engine compartment. Otherwise it just makes the engine louder :driving:

#3 ·
Don't forget that you can get an 8-speed in the new 3.6's.

#4 ·
If you're going from V6 to V6, the engine should be one of the last things you consider, I've driven both, the 3.6 is faster, but the growl and sound of the 3.5 makes it feel "faster".

The reasons you should get the new one:

-taillights, IMO, best in the world, nothing can beat them.
-suspension, especially with performance suspension and steering option, it out handles the older gen base r/t's IMO, I've driven both. It also feels planted yet the ride is composed.
-the refinement, something the older gen's were missing, the interior is great in the newer ones.
-sound deadening, the car just feels tighter, better put together and the interior is very calm

Get a hemi if you can, if not, I say go all out and get a 2012 blacktop fully loaded with the 8 speed transmission.

#9 ·
Was at my dealer today they have a 2012 SXT with the 8 speed and nav the sticker price was 30K

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.