NAV Disc Errors (How to fix step by step) [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: NAV Disc Errors (How to fix step by step)

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
10-21-2008, 10:13 PM
1) Problem: 2006 & 2007 OEM NAV Unit will not read the navigation disc. It starts at random displaying "unable to read DVD, disc errors". The message will eventually come on every time you turn on the radio and the NAV unit will not work.

2) Tools Needed: 1-dual layer DVD writer, 1-blank high quality DVD disc, 1-Infra Recorder DVD software (Free Version), 1-OEM NAV disc ( I used 05064033AC).

Instructions: Download and install the free version of Infra Recorder DVD software (portablefreeware.com).
Take the OEM disc and place it in the drive. Click "copy disc image" using Infra Recorder. This takes some time. The program will correct any disc errors. I had some tracks which took 42 tries before it corrected the errors.
When completed ensure it shows all errors corrected. The image will be a ISO file.
Next remove the OEM disc and insert a the blank DUAL LAYER DVD disc.
Using Infra Recorder click burn image, find your ISO file.

When this is completed you should now have a working version of the OEM disc. Insert the DUAL LAYER DVD into your NAV unit and hit the NAV button and then enter. You should see a map and your NAV unit should work like a CHAMP!

Now drink a beer and go to EBAY.:beerchug::beerchug: Search for a replacement OEM disc and look at the money you saved.

xrated
10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
i have had this problem the past few days, but today it was working fine!! I have the hack motion disk ;) I was wondering what was goin on...hopefully i wont have to go this route!

wrestlingnrj
10-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Great write up. Don't forget that AF is the most current version too.

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
True..AF is the most up to date version

wrestlingnrj
10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Do you happen to know if they plan on releasing a newer version anytime soon?

Mecha
10-23-2008, 05:22 PM

i doubt it since the REC is dead since migig is around

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
10-25-2008, 07:39 PM
This has fixed my NAV System DISC. I have been using the copy for a week with no issue at all.

Hope this helps some folks.

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
I have gotten a few PMs on how to copy the Nav DISC.

Remember you must use a blank "DUAL" layer DVD.

Using infra recorder (free download)...Under the actions tab you must "copy DISC to a DISC image"

Then to burn the disc you must hit "burn image" under the actions tab.

wrestlingnrj
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
FYI, use the Verbatim Dual Layer DVD's they work the best. I've used Sony, Maxell and TDK and all of them error'd out anywhere between 1 week and 1 month. The Verbatim is 6 months going strong.

RScottyL
10-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I would suggest to EVERYONE that has a navigation disc.......

make a backup copy and NEVER use the original disc.

If anything happens to it, you can always make another backup and use that instead of your original, especially since these run about $175+ for a new disc.

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
10-30-2008, 09:57 PM
My copy is working like a champ..No issues

The Infra Recorder program corrected errors on the original disc when it made the image.

Iguanaman
11-06-2008, 10:36 AM

I called Chrysler on this the other day (I just bought a used '06 and there are roads I use every day that aren't on the map).

They told me new discs get released every 12-18 months (nice schedule, huh?) and that the last one was released in January '08. They couldn't say for sure when the next one will be released, but I'm on the notification list to find out when they are. If/when I get the notification, I'll update this thread with the release date.

wrestlingnrj
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I heard that there might possibly be an AG version out now. Can anyone confirm?

RScottyL
11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I heard that there might possibly be an AG version out now. Can anyone confirm?

According to this site:

"REC" Navigation radio (http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav.htm)

5064033AG is scheduled for release December 2008.

P/N 05064033AG
(December 2008 edition)
Application Version: TBA
Database: TBA

KStryker
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Cool. Nice information

wrestlingnrj
11-06-2008, 08:55 PM
RScottyL, you are the man :bowdown:

YAH HAY
11-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I have a problem with my NAV, but the problem is not with the NAV disc. Its the opposite the CD changer saying Error when I hit mode. Is this problem fixable?

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
11-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and see if that fixes it.

YAH HAY
11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and see if that fixes it.

I tried that it didn't work out, I can't even load the CD, it doesn't let me to load any CD. Whenever I hit "mode" the message show up "disc error". I think the problem is from the tray that lift the CD because I hear a sound when I hit "mode". It is not lifting it, but I don't know how to fix that. Do you know how to fix it? by the way there are no CD's inside.

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
11-27-2008, 10:38 AM
The copy I made of the NAV DISC has fixed the issue. It seems after time our NAV disc will get errors and not work. My instructions will correct the disc so you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars buying a new disc.
My copy is still working great. No problems at all. I hope this helps members fix their disc and save money.

LordBaine
04-10-2009, 03:59 AM
today my kids was in my car and ejected my Nav Disc and drop it on the floor and I did realize it until I got in the car stepped on it and crack the disc...do anyone know the best place to get another nav disc...u can PM me...thanks in advance.

ultimatecharger
05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
good info.... thanks....

DaytonaTULSAoklahoma
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Copy is still working great!

mousegu
06-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm also having this problem, but I don't think the DVD writer on my laptop is dual-layer. :(

Would anyone be willing to send one? I will pay with paypal..

GLHS837
01-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Okay, heres my issue. I made a navhacked copy of my AF maybe two years ago. I still have those files. Problem is, I dont remember what to burn anymore:) I have tow folders, named NAVHACK and NAVHACKED files.... Here is whats in NAVHACKED...what do I need to do here, turn all of this into an ISO?

ZH1FF
ZH2FF
ZH100
ZH200
ZJ1FF
ZJ100
A0000_00.MNG
DCA0.AR0
DCA0.AR1
DCA0.AR2
DCA0.ZED
DISKINFO
U0001_02.BAS
U0130_02.ROA
U2001_02.CIT
U2002_02.SIG
US_ENG2F.VC_

06Daytona092
07-04-2011, 12:43 AM
I have two files that will not copy. "dca0.ar2 & u001_02.bas" Anyone able to share these files. I have issues getting them from my nav disk as well as the torrent file I downloaded.... HELP

msmechelle35
08-08-2011, 11:39 AM
1) Problem: 2006 & 2007 OEM NAV Unit will not read the navigation disc. It starts at random displaying "unable to read DVD, disc errors". The message will eventually come on every time you turn on the radio and the NAV unit will not work.

2) Tools Needed: 1-dual layer DVD writer, 1-blank high quality DVD disc, 1-Infra Recorder DVD software (Free Version), 1-OEM NAV disc ( I used 05064033AC).

Instructions: Download and install the free version of Infra Recorder DVD software (portablefreeware.com).
Take the OEM disc and place it in the drive. Click "copy disc image" using Infra Recorder. This takes some time. The program will correct any disc errors. I had some tracks which took 42 tries before it corrected the errors.
When completed ensure it shows all errors corrected. The image will be a ISO file.
Next remove the OEM disc and insert a the blank DUAL LAYER DVD disc.
Using Infra Recorder click burn image, find your ISO file.

When this is completed you should now have a working version of the OEM disc. Insert the DUAL LAYER DVD into your NAV unit and hit the NAV button and then enter. You should see a map and your NAV unit should work like a CHAMP!

Now drink a beer and go to EBAY.:beerchug::beerchug: Search for a replacement OEM disc and look at the money you saved.
I tried your fix and the software tells me its unsupported and that it can't copy on the fly? what gives?

msmechelle35
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Ok I downloaded the infrared recorder but it tells me it can't copy the disc "on the fly"?

Charger R/T Loaded
03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Ok I downloaded the infrared recorder but it tells me it can't copy the disc "on the fly"?

You might try just creating a disc image file on your computer and then copying those files exactly as they are directly to your blank DVD. Then you can just delete the temp. image file or keep it for future reference.

Also, just as a note, the newest version now is AK (Released Jan 2012 I think). Navteq also just dropped the price on these update DVD's from $199 to $149 so if you're extremely outdated, this might be a good investment. Then do the OP's copy write-up for safekeeping.

I just ordered the AK update b/c I have the AE version from Sept 2006! It's on it's way from Memphis, TN right now, should be here Sat. When it comes in, I'll probably be checking out Infra Recorder again.

ztitans1
06-01-2013, 10:11 PM
For future users. When you open the Infra Recorder program do not hit the icon that reads copy disc. I got the same error about not being able to copy on the fly. Go to Actions and select create image. This will make your image file to burn. I purchased Dual Layer discs and burned a copy (file size is a bit over 7 gig and will not fit on regular DVD which are 4.7 gig). I burned the new disc, installed it in the car and my navigation system works!

Thank you!

MoparRT
06-09-2013, 08:50 PM
This still works like a charm for those who have problems with the nav disks. It cost $11.56 for a pack of 5 DVD-R-DL 8.5GB capacity disks, and 30 minutes of your life to copy and write the disk. My nav is back to functional and I can FINALLY change my brightness levels again! :D :bigthumb: