How to remove stains from the plastic bumper ? [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: How to remove stains from the plastic bumper ?

groove269
08-27-2008, 04:26 AM
How the heck do you remove stains from plastic bumper? As i was claybarring right rear door, as i look down i saw stains on lower bumper next to wheel. I immediately tried to clay that baby off but no luck, i guess clay doesnt work for plastic, what else can i use?
It looks like stains from wheel polish (i have stonewhite so you can clearly see it)

infernogirl
08-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Can you post a pic? I can't picture where on the car this is, (early yet! LOL) Plus seeing what kind of stains they look like will help.

Linda

Phanta5m
08-27-2008, 08:34 AM
clay bar didn't get it off... hmm

i remember i tried everything one day to get a stubborn water spot off and then clay bar finally got it done...

groove269
08-27-2008, 09:55 PM
this is where i was talking about. it looks like spagetti stains on a white t-shirt youve been trying to wash to get the stains out.

(This isnt my car, just a sample to give you an idea of what i was talking about)

Phanta5m
08-27-2008, 10:10 PM
what type of clay bar...

groove269
08-27-2008, 10:16 PM
what type of clay bar...

i used mothers (golden bar)

PlumCrazyDaytona
08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Give Meguiars Scratch X a try, that stuff works great!

Phanta5m
08-27-2008, 10:28 PM
i had something similar when i had a camaro where it seemed to have stained the rear panel... i didn't know about clay bar back then though...

how many applications did you try of the claybar... sorry for all the questions

groove269
08-27-2008, 10:32 PM
i had something similar when i had a camaro where it seemed to have stained the rear panel... i didn't know about clay bar back then though...

how many applications did you try of the claybar... sorry for all the questions

i tried a few times, i tried to scrub as hard as i could without breaking the plastic rear panel.

Phanta5m
08-27-2008, 10:34 PM
i tried a few times, i tried to scrub as hard as i could without breaking the plastic rear panel.

damn... isn't there another product to use if clay bar doesn't get the job done... let me do some searching... brb

Phanta5m
08-27-2008, 10:46 PM
from the mequires site... these may help

ScratchX or Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to safely clean the surface and remove the offending contaminants.

infernogirl
08-28-2008, 07:43 AM
ScratchX is mildly abrasive, should work better than the paint cleaner. Are you saying they are reddish orange stains like spagetti sauce??? What the heck did you drive through?LOL

Try the scratchX, let us know, though this is why I don't own a white car....

Linda

Phanta5m
08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
ScratchX is mildly abrasive, should work better than the paint cleaner. Are you saying they are reddish orange stains like spagetti sauce??? What the heck did you drive through?LOL

Try the scratchX, let us know, though this is why I don't own a white car....

Linda

i would like to know too:D

groove269
08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
i will def. let you guys know. Ill have to do it over the weekend so i can have time to really scrub that baby. If all else fails, i guess whiteout will work, lol.

infernogirl
08-28-2008, 08:57 PM
i will def. let you guys know. Ill have to do it over the weekend so i can have time to really scrub that baby.[B]If all else fails, i guess whiteout will work, lol.[B]

LOL, Please NO white out! If that doesn't work show us pics and we'll try to help, but no white out! :biggrinjester:

And stay away from Fazzoli's from now on!

Linda

Hemi_VCT
08-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Try Lestoil or Simple Green. I use Lestoil to clean all kinds on spots on the body. Just a little bit on a paper towel works. Strong stuff that Lestoil.