my interior lights dont turn on..... [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: my interior lights dont turn on.....

blackspeeddevil
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
hey guys well on saturday night my battery went dead cause i was listening to the radio with a few friends and havin a few cold :beer_yum:s lol.. well one of my friends helped me crank my car back.. well ever since then my interior lights dont turn on.. also my lights on the AC controls, headlight controls, emergency and EBS buttons and my PRND lights dont work...oh and i forgot that the signal light arrow does not light up on the instrument cluster but the signal lights do work.. do you guys think a fuse blew out or something..

TBird100636
07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
hey guys well on saturday night my battery went dead cause i was listening to the radio with a few friends and havin a few cold :beer_yum:s lol.. well one of my friends helped me crank my car back.. well ever since then my interior lights dont turn on.. also my lights on the AC controls, headlight controls, emergency and EBS buttons and my PRND lights dont work...oh and i forgot that the signal light arrow does not light up on the instrument cluster but the signal lights do work.. do you guys think a fuse blew out or something..

Is the dimmer switch turned all the way down??? What year Charger??? The power for the dome lights and night illumination comes from the cluster based on dimmer switch position

blackspeeddevil
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
that is what i thought it was but its all the way up.. where it should be. my car is a 2006

mnunes
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Check fuses 29 (5amp), 14 (10amp), and 17 (20amp). All 3 of these fuses power parts of the instrument cluster, which in turn control all of the items that aren't working anymore.

These fuses are all in the power distribution center under the hood.

slvr06CHARGER
07-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Check fuses 29 (5amp), 14 (10amp), and 17 (20amp). All 3 of these fuses power parts of the instrument cluster, which in turn control all of the items that aren't working anymore.

there is no fuse 29 under the hood, fuse 14 is for the pcm and fuse 17 is for something from the abs, iirc.

i have the same problem with the AC controls lights not working, and i had my car jump started a lot of times because i leave the audio or the fans running too long, but never thought those 2 things could be related.
once i took the bezel out and disconnected the AC controls from the wires that plug behind it and they where working again that night but sometime later they stopped working again.
cant say if its related to the jump starts too because i barely notice, my AC is always running because of the heat here, so by the time i notice they could been out for a month
anyway i checked my manual and could not find fuses for the dash lights or anything that sounded related to that, even the ones mnunes said are ok, so any more ideas?

blackspeeddevil
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
this is weird cause my instrument cluster, radio and window switches light up fine...no problem with those lights..i will look into in some more tomorrow morning since i get out tilll 11 tonight

TBird100636
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM

They are in the PDC, which is in the trunk.

mnunes
07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Oops! I guess they're in the trunk. :(

blackspeeddevil
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
well guys i got it fixed.. it was fuse 17 that blew out.. i replaced it with a 25 and everything works fine now... thanks guys for the help