Dangers Of Carbon Fiber [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Dangers Of Carbon Fiber

NemesisCharger
06-20-2008, 07:30 PM
i was just wondering because i am considering a carbon fiber hood and trunk, but i have seen the manufacturers state that they are for off road use only. i think i read about something like they are not as strong so if a head on impact happens, possibly the driver or passenger could get seriously hurt with the hood. i know factory hoods are made to bend upward so the back of the hood doesnt come through the windshield and kill you. i was just wondering what are all the risks of a carbon fiber hood OR trunk if there really are any. Thanks
Bobby

NightMare R/T
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
i was just wondering because i am considering a carbon fiber hood and trunk, but i have seen the manufacturers state that they are for off road use only. i think i read about something like they are not as strong so if a head on impact happens, possibly the driver or passenger could get seriously hurt with the hood. i know factory hoods are made to bend upward so the back of the hood doesnt come through the windshield and kill you. i was just wondering what are all the risks of a carbon fiber hood OR trunk if there really are any. Thanks
Bobby

their are 2 different hoods you can buy from carbonbydesign one is for street use the other is for track only.

I am 85% sure of what I just said so you may want to ask some1 else.