Killed a 740i and a ricer [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Killed a 740i and a ricer

Guardian58
05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I am on vacation right now (staying in a hotel as I type this). Anyway I don't get much chance to get on the interstate with the baby so this long trip has afforded me many chances to see what she will do in various (safe) situations.

first off, the car is a dream on long trips. Mines is loaded with every option so the nav and rear dvd player has been a blessing to say the least. Whenever the back gets a little stiff I turn on the heated seats for a while and I feel tons better. I can't say I could love the car any more.

Now for the stuff everyone wants. heh.

Was on a long straight yesterday and a guy in a newer 740i keeps getting on my rear. I'm doing 79 on a 70. Cruise set. But he keeps getting on my butt, then passing, then slowing down and getting behind me, riding my butt, etc. I know what he's doing so I wait until he gets on my butt, then I slow. He gets on my left and gets dead even with me. I look over at him and nod, and we both hit it. It's not even close, not even for an instant. I proceed to leave his doors on the highway and there are paint scars down his car. I let off at about 110-115. After that he just stayed way behind me.

Last night I was getting on an on ramp and this ricer boy with his girl were riding on my butt. I could see in the rear view him pointing at the car and talking about it (for good or bad, no idea). We get on the interstate and I see him get in the other lane and try to floor it. I floor it too and it looks like he's buried in sand. I slow down and let him pass and he and his girl are checking out the car. I think more than anything he was admiring it.

Anyway, been good fun so far. I did average 22 MPG for some spots on the highway which was a pleasant surprise, but 21.something seemed to be the norm. I do noticed that because of the ECU readjusting itself that the car feels a little more bogged down. I ran a 0-60 earlier and ran a very sucky 5.5 so I'm pretty sure that's the case. When I get home next week I'll reset it.

Phanta5m
05-10-2008, 11:14 AM
nice post and kills...:)

OldCrow
05-10-2008, 01:56 PM
I do noticed that because of the ECU readjusting itself that the car feels a little more bogged down. I ran a 0-60 earlier and ran a very sucky 5.5 so I'm pretty sure that's the case. When I get home next week I'll reset it.
I hate that about these cars. I really do.

KStryker
05-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Great kill, hope you're having fun on vacation!! :rockon:

Guardian58
05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I hate that about these cars. I really do.

Doesn't bother me so much on the trip. When I get home I can do a reset, no biggie. What I wish is, you could select it so that you could pick a program for trip ECU tuning and then turn on your "fast" tune at will. That would be sweet.