Cut outs question [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Cut outs question

Naner#36
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
What are the advantages/disadvantages of E-Cut outs when weighed against a cat back system. I have been planning to get Zoomers but I heard a co workers cut outs yesterday and they sounded great too. Just curious if anyone can shed some light on it for me.

Pointeo13
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
What are the advantages/disadvantages of E-Cut outs when weighed against a cat back system. I have been planning to get Zoomers but I heard a co workers cut outs yesterday and they sounded great too. Just curious if anyone can shed some light on it for me.

Just because you get e-cutouts don’t rule out a catback and here is why. When you have your e-cutouts open and do a 0-60, your take off will be a little slower since you need a (little) back pressure, not much of it but you need a little, with e-cuout’s you lose all back pressure when they are fully open.

You do gain some HP out of e-cutout’s but if you want too be fast on the start line, you would have to have them closed and once you hit the gas you would have to start opening the e-cuout's while your driving.

Now e-cuouts are loud and I mean LOUD! especially inside your car so their are times when your driving you will want to keep them closed or halfway open.

If you do keep your e-cuouts closed or half way open, you are still using your cat's this is why I'll be getting a new catback, even with cut-out's.

Just watch out when you go by a cop with the e-cuout's fully open, they may pull your car over lol.

As for which to buy first, it would most defiantly be e-cuouts then a catback system.

JMT- R/T
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
In Pa I know that they will not pass inspection

Pointeo13
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM

No worries you can put on the steel plates they give you... see my pic below

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25323&d=1191375484

It wouldn’t be to hard to remove the electronic part and then screw on the plates, then they shouldn’t be able to say anything.

sjb261
02-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Why do you guys keep saying this, how do you know it wont pass inspection? I know a few people in the Philly area with them and they've passed inspection. Do you have proof of this?

Pointeo13
02-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Why do you guys keep saying this, how do you know it wont pass inspection? I know a few people in the Philly area with them and they've passed inspection. Do you have proof of this?

Like I said in my post up above, it will pass because they give you plates to cover them up just incase for the inspection. So no worries.