: 9006 special headlight Bulbs?

SouthNJCharger
01-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the 9006 Bulbs on the Headlights and the H10 Fog light bulbs? Almost all 9006 bulbs have the 45 degree angle where the recepticle is, the charger has the str8 receptcle. I have been looking for a Blue/whiter bulb to replace the factory ones. Was told by several diffarent auto shops that this type of 9006 bulb w/ the straight recepticle at the bottom is very rare. The same was said about the H10, anyone have any input here, those blue bulbs really look great on a black car. I did manage to find a straight Sylvania Silverstar but they are more of a bright yellow/white.

YellowJacket
01-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the 9006 Bulbs on the Headlights and the H10 Fog light bulbs? Almost all 9006 bulbs have the 45 degree angle where the recepticle is, the charger has the str8 receptcle. I have been looking for a Blue/whiter bulb to replace the factory ones. Was told by several diffarent auto shops that this type of 9006 bulb w/ the straight recepticle at the bottom is very rare. The same was said about the H10, anyone have any input here, those blue bulbs really look great on a black car. I did manage to find a straight Sylvania Silverstar but they are more of a bright yellow/white.

I have not had this problem but heck i dont have my freaking Daytona! Sorry I am just pissed waiting for my car.. figured I would come piss off another member!
LOL Just giving u a hard time!

you ever thought about those HIDS?

YJ

SouthNJCharger
01-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Ive had many diffarent types of bulbs on my Ram and Dakota, but these were standard 9007's The best were the PIAA super whites, HID, the problem is that I cant find them for the Charger. Sorry to hear you have to wait for your Top Banana....But beleive me it will be worth it!

96ss
01-03-2006, 02:09 AM

According to Epoch you need:
Low beams: 9006XS
Highs: 9005XS
Fogs: 9145XS

For the Silver stars you need:
Low Beams: 9006XSST
Highs: 9005XSST
Fogs: 9145ST

Hope that helps, I think that is what his Wikipedia entry reads.

1BadBanana
01-03-2006, 08:47 AM
I found a set of 9005XSST at AutoZone last night, but they only had 1 9006XSST. So I replaced the High Beems and will have to wait for the low.

lexball50
01-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Does anyone have a problem with blowning the blue/white bulbs after a few days. I changed mine in the charger and before I changed the ones in my 300C about three different times and they keep blowing out after a week or two. I used a 55watt bulb and it still burned out the wiring in the 300C. I have not checked the wiring for the charger yet, i've been driving my charger areound with the parking and fog lamps on only. I have bought the cheap ebay bulb ands the expensive bulbs from tweeter, all with the same result. Is this car just that picky for headlights or am I doing something wrong?

1BadBanana
01-03-2006, 10:27 AM
If they are Halogen, make sure not to touch the bulb, also check to make sure you don't have any moisture in the head light area. Above that,not sure.

joescat
01-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Use the search! (try "silverstar"), there's a very recent thread about all of it.

I never heard the SilverStars are yellow/white. I thought there were very white.

I've only heard good things from people that have tried them.

I found a set of 9005XSST at AutoZone last night, but they only had 1 9006XSST. So I replaced the High Beems and will have to wait for the low.

I had exactly the same problem, at AutoZone even. Sooooooo, YOU're the guy who bought my other one aye? Dam.
Anyway, I found one at another AutoZone in stock.

96ss
01-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Does anyone have a problem with blowning the blue/white bulbs after a few days. I changed mine in the charger and before I changed the ones in my 300C about three different times and they keep blowing out after a week or two. I used a 55watt bulb and it still burned out the wiring in the 300C. I have not checked the wiring for the charger yet, i've been driving my charger areound with the parking and fog lamps on only. I have bought the cheap ebay bulb ands the expensive bulbs from tweeter, all with the same result. Is this car just that picky for headlights or am I doing something wrong?

I think the problem with your bulbs are that they are cheap, even the ones you got at "Tweeters". The fake HID's are pretty much junk. I see them everynight at work. 1 working "HID" light, and one burnt out "HID" bulb. I think that they could possibly be pulling too much juice from your wiring harness, causing them to "burn out" your wiring.

Indiana Hemi
01-06-2006, 05:22 PM
First, never ever touch the bulb. Even the slightest oil from your fingertips will make them blow out in a very short time. If they are dirty wipe them off carefully with a a clear alcohol (rubbing Alcohol will do). Then with a clean cotton cloth. but never touch them.... EVER. !!!!!

PaCharger
01-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Just got done installing my lows and highs...9005xsst and 9006xsst...and all i can say is WOW!!! Was worried the rockblockers stole too much light at night...well, problem corrected.

Now i have to figure out how to get the fogs installed. Gotta search around here.

DJ

1BadBanana
01-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I just bought the Fogs but after looking at what it takes to install them, I may wait until it get warmer.

VanillaR/T
01-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Speaking of lights and things. I'm an active duty Air Force memeber and I just moved to the UK. I live about 2 hrs north of London. I was the first guy to import a Charger here and I'm the talk of the town. The crappy thing is that I had to do aligth conversion on the car in order to drive it over here. They have a law that states your turn signals have to be orange. So they put orange bulbs in my back up lights and rewired them to the signal wires. I lost my back up lights and never realzed how nice they are to have at night when backing out of a tight spot (which is all over here) So if anyone knows of a Euro type tail light set up please e-mail me at screaminR6@yahoo.com I'll really be in their debt. I've looked and looked on the net and havn't found any yet. Any help would be great.

Stercrazy
01-13-2006, 04:57 PM
First, never ever touch the bulb. Even the slightest oil from your fingertips will make them blow out in a very short time. If they are dirty wipe them off carefully with a a clear alcohol (rubbing Alcohol will do). Then with a clean cotton cloth. but never touch them.... EVER. !!!!!

That is exactly what autozone said. Use a rag or something.

Paradog
01-13-2006, 09:21 PM
ok dumb question...why would you want to change the bulbs in the charger?

joescat
01-14-2006, 09:15 AM
They're not the brightest bulbs that ship with the car. They're okay, but not very bright.

Iguana
01-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Just got done installing my lows and highs...9005xsst and 9006xsst...and all i can say is WOW!!! Was worried the rockblockers stole too much light at night...well, problem corrected.

Now i have to figure out how to get the fogs installed. Gotta search around here.

DJ

What color Rockblockers do you have? i was thinking of getting some....probably blue but dont want them to interfer with the headlights.

PaCharger
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
i installed smoked rockblockers. The silverstars are a must to keep light and visibility. Kinda debating on the ripping the back tints off. Chad is shipping me a fix for my right rear, but I'm still hemming and hawing. Wish it had been one single piece instead of two. When the cars clean it looks great, but a little dirt and you really see the seams.

Iguana
01-14-2006, 07:30 PM
So the backs come in 2 pieces? me no likey.

btw, do the Rockblockers just snap on? how are they installed?

PaCharger
01-14-2006, 07:32 PM
its adhesive vinyl....

Iguana
01-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Has anyone tried buying the SYLVANIA SilverStar 9006XS on ebay? looks like you can get a 2 pack for a good price...

ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&fnu=1&from=R10&satitle=SYLVANIA+SilverStar+9006XS+&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfQy=9006xs&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=)

soxfan4eva
02-16-2008, 03:17 PM
wear vinyl gloves when replacing bulbs then you don't have to worry about touching them.