Royal Purple & Kn Drop in=slower [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Royal Purple & Kn Drop in=slower

Charger Marc
10-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I know this can't be but ever since i changed to RP and added the k & N drop in filter my 0 to 60 times are slower by about 4 tenths. Now I know this is not logical, i believe the 8 hp gain from R P oil they tested it on Hot Rod tv, and the air filter seems believable for at least a couple, but this just can't be.

Maybe its the warmer weather, but if i don't hit my old record of 5.34 0 to 60 when it gets real cold out again, something is def. wrong.
Other than that the car runs strong.
anyone else have this mystery?

HemiPowered5700
10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Gotta be the hot weather man...its finally cooling off in Chi-Town and I'm leaving patches through intersections (something i couldnt do a couple months ago in the dead of summer)...id be questioning that 8 hp gain too.

spittle
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
You need to get a programmer so you can run your fans cooler because I have the royal purple oil and now that I have my predator tuner my car runs so cool and my power is incredible.
thanks,
spittle

Slow4Dr
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
You are supposed to gain 8hp by using RP? WTC, really?

Charger Marc
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Spittle how do i do that? does it make the fans go on all the time?
Did you really feel a big difference with the predator?
thanks.
Yes on a tv show they dynoed a engine with dino oil then drained it and dinoed it again with rp to see if there was any gains and there really was, so i believe it.
my car runs great but if i had extra dough i would get the
Predator, fan mod, afe stage 2 maybe the 180 thermo.

Slow4Dr
10-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Wow never knew you were supposed to gain HP with RP.

RitzRT
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow never knew you were supposed to gain HP with RP.

You didn't get the memo? It also makes your johnson about 4 inches longer.....

brady
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
With less friction it frees up the ponies. Doesn't really "make" power.

I did the similar mods and am getting 0.2 0-60 better times. Not sure where your issue is. I have a SuperChips programmer. Try pulling the negative battery cable for 20 mins to reset everything. Who know's might help.

Either way, you should NOT be loosing any power....

Slow4Dr
10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
You didn't get the memo? It also makes your johnson about 4 inches longer.....

.....runs to store.:lol:

spittle
10-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I had done some research and that is why I invested in the royal purple oil. As far as the predator it is worth every penny and I had the superchips tuner and it is like night and day. With the predator you can adjust when you fans run and so far the highest temp I have seen is 205 and it used to be 225 and 230 before that and a lower temperature means more horsepower. I hope this info helped.
thanks,
spittle