6 CD player reading Disc Error [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: 6 CD player reading Disc Error

Descending
10-11-2007, 08:32 AM
My CD player stopped working yesterday. '06 R/T Charger. it's saying DISC READ ERROR, and won't even eject the disc or play any of the others. it's like it's stuck on one disc. Taking it to the Dealer on Sat... Wish I could fix meself... Anyone had this problem before.?

SublimeDaytona268
10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah I had it right out of the dealer when I first bought the car.... IM assuming you have the 6-CD Nav?? Chrysler has been having major problems with these, but usually they happen right away. My dealer gave me a brand new one and put it in, but that was also probably because I JUST bought the car, guess it might depend on how long you've had the car. Whenever you hit eject or got to the CD section you can hear it spinning in there and disc error flashes at the bottom.... Pissed me off real bad. Best of luck to you, let us know how it goes if they charge you at all. Try and tell them you KNOW chrysler has been havin problems with these radios and maybe they'll hook u up a lil bit

-Pat

Descending
10-12-2007, 05:56 AM
I've got the bumper to bumper warrenty, so coverage is'nt a problem. Just wondering if they're gonna have to order the player. And will they be able to recover my 6 CD's that are currently being held hostage by the terrorist CD player!

SublimeDaytona268
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
They should be able to recover your CDs, I wouldnt worry about that. Glad coverage isnt a problem for you because unless you have "nice" people at your dealership, they can really mess you around with stuff like this. They will most likely (99% sure) have to order you a new radio so it wont be able to be done right away, so sorry.... You'll have to wait! Usually only takes a couple of days though, best of luck to you.

-Pat

Wiggins
10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I had mine replaced a about 2 months ago for the same reason. They ordered a new unit and I still haven't got my CD's back.

SublimeDaytona268
10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
As far as Im concerned, when they take out the old one, ask them if you can have it back... for personal reasons. Then just take a freakin bat to the thing and bust it open and get your CDs back any way you can! Although I have a feeling Dodge might send the busted units back to be "reconditioned." I still think there is a way to get em out though.....

-Pat

Wiggins
10-16-2007, 12:27 AM
My dealer called me today and told me they got he CD's back from the manufacturer. Apparently they do send them to get reconditioned

metsno1fan
10-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Mine just started doing this, but it spits my CDs back out after it can't read them. How long does it take the dealer to replace it?

Texasbrotha420
10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow this sucks. Mine just did this on the way home from work yesterday. Wont play, wont eject- nothing :( . I called the dealer and they said I still have to bring it in and let them "look at it" before they order a new one. And they are only open M-F (7-5:30).........how conveinent for the customer.:mad:

Descending
11-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Brotha, check this out!!! I took it in the following Sat. and they ordered the new radio.. It came in the following Tues. That Sat I took the vehicle to the dealer, and left it... picked it up the next day, checked the radio...SAME PROBLEM! They ordered ANOTHER radio...Took it back the following Saturday, Dropped it off...came backaround 5:00...checked the CD player...SAME THING!!!! Now I'm playing Phone tag...Not sure if they've ordered another radio yet, I called them yesterday, and they never returned my call... I'll call them right now.. Almost tempted to tell them to prorate the factory radio and go to best buy and buy a CD player from them and put it in... going on my 3rd radio now.... getting pissed.

Texasbrotha420
11-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Brotha, check this out!!! I took it in the following Sat. and they ordered the new radio.. It came in the following Tues. That Sat I took the vehicle to the dealer, and left it... picked it up the next day, checked the radio...SAME PROBLEM! They ordered ANOTHER radio...Took it back the following Saturday, Dropped it off...came backaround 5:00...checked the CD player...SAME THING!!!! Now I'm playing Phone tag...Not sure if they've ordered another radio yet, I called them yesterday, and they never returned my call... I'll call them right now.. Almost tempted to tell them to prorate the factory radio and go to best buy and buy a CD player from them and put it in... going on my 3rd radio now.... getting pissed.

HOLY SH:eek: T !!!!
That sucks. I don't even have the time to mess with mine yet. You're not painting a good picture of what I have to look forward to.

Descending
11-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Third time's the charm... Finally replaced one that worked... :)

Texasbrotha420
11-14-2007, 11:16 PM
mine is still broke :dead: I won't have time to take her in till next Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Descending
11-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Good luck Brotha!

Texasbrotha420
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Almost 6 weeks later and i finally get my 6 disk unit replaced by dodge, but get this. First of all they tell me that the unit died cause it had a short, but that dodge dosent recommend using "burned" CD's in the unit because they are slightly thicker than regular CD's. I told the service guy that it sounded like a Dodge problem not a "my" problem considering the manual even says it can play MP3's. How else does this occur without an MP3 jack? hmmmmmmm. Then to top it off, I ask about my CD's that are stuck in my old unit. The service guy says, "well if they can get them back I will let you know." So to that I naturally said "IF?" he said "Yeah, if they can recover them than you will get them, but if not then your out of luck. Dodge won't pay for them." Needless to say, I told him that we would cross that bridge if we have to come to it. Three of those CD's were just purchased so, I'm getting my money back or my CD's. Didn't mean to be so long. just letting off some steam.
07' Charger RT - 3,100 miles