New guy needs some help! [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: New guy needs some help!

Xscmurcielago
08-12-2007, 02:32 PM
hey everyone, this is my first post on this kick@$$ site, im really stoked to be a member of this community, i had no idea there were so many people that loved thier chargers as much as i do :lol: , but down to business, i have an R/T and am planning on getting one of the performance packages that rpm outlet has for our cars, but ive heared some bad things about the jet stage 2 chip that comes in the package, will it really cost me power? or do i just have to do what jet says and do the 180 degree thermostat? idd really appreciate the feedback.

btw my only mods so far is full limo tint all the way around, gts light covers on front and back, eibach springs, and custom flowmaster super 44 catbacks, with 3" pipes

Xscmurcielago
08-12-2007, 02:33 PM
oh and how do i get a pic on my signature?

TNCHARGER
08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Jet module was a band-aid mod back when there was nothing else...dont waste money....wait and see how the new diablo tuner does or maybe the B&G flash...............posting pictures..I think you have to have 4 posts before you can...click on link below for instructions..

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21146

BTW...welcome to the forum...:)

TBYDaytona40
08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas!

ChargerChick
08-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the forums from Phoenix, AZ!! :wave:

Xscmurcielago
08-12-2007, 02:49 PM
:grin: thanks for the welcome guys, haha, i was like a kid at a candy store waiting to see if anyone would reply, to be honest, its an honor to hear from you 2, ive been seeing both of you all over the forums on diff posts, and think both of your cars are way badass...oh but back to my Q the kit im looking at has jba short tube headers, jet stage 1 or 2 chip (my choice), tb spacer, and my choice of K&N, S&B, or AEM intakes, for jus 650$, im deffinatly getting the kit, unless i find a better deal for that stuff, but will the jet chip make me lose anything? or hurt the power ill be gaining from the other stuff?

Xscmurcielago
08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
that thanks goes to you 2 charger chick, ive seen you around 2 and totaly love the ride :)

Vagabond
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the forums from Ontario, Canada. :)

TBYDaytona40
08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Well that seems like a heck of a deal! Headers, oh yeah. CAI, I have a KnN and I love the sound. Now, when I got my KnN I didnt know about aFe or I would have gone that route (someone posted pics of the KnK and aFe stage 2 side by side. Its like an SRT sittin next to a Hyundai) I dont know anything really about the jet chip. The TB spacer issue has been kicked over a ton of times, and I think the general concensus is dont waste the green, but since you're getting it anyways why not?

Xscmurcielago
08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
afe? ive never heared of it, so its really that much better than K&N? thats a pretty bold statement, and if its true, its pretty amazing, so where can i find it at?

Hemi 06
08-13-2007, 05:17 PM
i have airaid cold air intake and i think its pretty good as well. i have no complaints with mine.

DFWCharger
08-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Hemi guys I just sold my sxt and bought a road and track need help whats the first step?

Xscmurcielago
08-14-2007, 10:01 AM
haha, well welcome to the hemi club, but you should probably post your own thread, cause noones gonna see you on mine, but the first thing i did that i think has to be done on chargers is tint, cause with how big some o the windows are it looks like your driving a giant fishbowl without tint :)