installing sirius in canadian 2006 charger [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: installing sirius in canadian 2006 charger

lange74
02-27-2007, 06:53 AM
I just bought a 2006 charger. I have the 6-cd cassette radio. No ipod jack.

I know there is a module selling that I put in the trunk with a big ugly antenna. Can this work on my radio? Anyone bought it from dodge in the US and had it connected to sirius canada?

The question is... in canada, with a 2006, what is the best way to have sirius play though my stock stereo?

thanks

nate1602
02-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Yes, you just need to make sure you get the updated part numbers that have the generation 2.5 receiver for Canada. You need an 82209719AC receiver kit and an 82210404 install kit. The antenna is not the big ugly thing it used to be. The new kits have the smaller, slim line, factory style antenna.

lange74
02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Yes, you just need to make sure you get the updated part numbers that have the generation 2.5 receiver for Canada. You need an 82209719AC receiver kit and an 82210404 install kit. The antenna is not the big ugly thing it used to be. The new kits have the smaller, slim line, factory style antenna.

thanks, so it can be plugged in the back of a 2006?

SVRSRTCDN
02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
The Canadian Chargers do not have the harness from the factory so you have to feed if from the trunk through the door sills into the dash and to the back of the radio. If you have U-connect, you may have to also move pins from the stock connector to the Sirius radio connector.
Don't drill any holes in your roof for the antenna, just place it on the rear deck. I used the center child seat ancor point to locate the antenna. Signal is just fine like that.
Sirius receiver mounts in trunk on driver side behind trunk liner behind the wheel well. If you have Kicker, it mounts behind that behind the trunk linning

lange74
02-27-2007, 08:17 AM
The Canadian Chargers do not have the harness from the factory so you have to feed if from the trunk through the door sills into the dash and to the back of the radio. If you have U-connect, you may have to also move pins from the stock connector to the Sirius radio connector.
Don't drill any holes in your roof for the antenna, just place it on the rear deck. I used the center child seat ancor point to locate the antenna. Signal is just fine like that.
Sirius receiver mounts in trunk on driver side behind trunk liner behind the wheel well. If you have Kicker, it mounts behind that behind the trunk linning

I do have u-connect but as you said, I can plug it in anyway?
I won't do it myself but my dealer in montreal has no idea if it can be done. So I'm doing the research myself for them. They are quite idiots when it comes to this topic.

Thanks for the info about the rear deck for the antenna, that was exactly my next question, wanted to know if I could plug it like that.

Will I get all the info about song titles/singers, the channel I'm on, etc on my radio display?
Will I have all the same features as if I had bought a 2007 with the radio already sirius enabled?

SVRSRTCDN
02-27-2007, 09:06 AM
I have NAV, so I don't know if your radio will work with it. Someone else here must know. On the radio there should be a label like RAZ or RAV or something like that. that denotes the model of radio you have. Does it show the FM station names as well as frequency? IF it does, your most likley sirius compatable.

lange74
02-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I have NAV, so I don't know if your radio will work with it. Someone else here must know. On the radio there should be a label like RAZ or RAV or something like that. that denotes the model of radio you have. Does it show the FM station names as well as frequency? IF it does, your most likley sirius compatable.

yes it does show names and frequency.

With your help I was able to describe to my dealer what they needed to do... i gave them model numbers and everything.

After 2 hours of research they called me back saying that the part number will be 8220919AD and they will get it end of march. SO at the end of march I'll buy it and be able to tell what they did exactly, how well it works, etc.