Experience of a Lifetime - World Series Pictures [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Experience of a Lifetime - World Series Pictures

STL-SRT8
10-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Well I spent two hours last night on a post that was extremely well done about my experiences the last few weeks dealing with the playoffs and the World Series. Baseball in general, having lunch at Charlie Gitto's where legends Joe Garagiola and Tommy Lasorda were just hanging around talking to people, signing autographs and taking pictures. Slamming "legends" like Barry Bonds and Gary Sheffield who can't seem to stomach making 13 million a year.

Going to my first World Series game on Tuesday, getting fortunate to snag a couple tickets for Wednesday, which got moved to Friday. . .got lucky and witnessed history.

The sights, sounds, smells and emotions of the night and sharing it all with my 10 year old son Tommy. Shaking hands with a bunch of the players etc etc.

AND I ACCIDENTLY HIT THE "BACK" KEY ON THIS G.D. THINKPAD! DAMNIT!!!!

So your just getting the pictures, I'm to friggin spent to rewrite the whole thing.

Bottom line,

ST. LOUIS IS THE BEST BASEBALL CITY IN THE COUNTRY!

CONGRATULATIONS CARDINALS!!!!

That and I love my son Tommy and I am so blessed that I was able to share the experiences of last night with him. Hopefully he will remember them for the rest of his life as I know I will for the rest of mine!

You ROCK Tommer I had a blast!!

http://static.flickr.com/96/281903095_0b8298a81d_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/122/281933635_819b213131_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/102/281933654_435b8ec7b1_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/79/281900821_7b27d94c48_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/83/281901156_8a3f6ca19d_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/100/281933668_5eaf2d765c_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/114/281933687_07425bef3c_o.jpg

And finally leaving the stadium around 1:00am!!!

http://static.flickr.com/79/281933706_140bb91222_o.jpg

NYT
10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
nice gift for your son. i really didnt watch too much baseball this year. i only went to about 7 As games. usually i go to almost 20.

TorRedCharger06
10-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Congrats on the experience, but "Best Baseball City in the Country" is such a crock of chit. 6+ million strong watch the Mets and Yankees every season. I hate the NYY, but they still have loyal fans. Combine that with the Mets and nothing beats NYC. You got lucky and just squeaked by the Mets. If we were 100% healthy(Pedro/El Duque) you would have had no chance. Congrats though on being one of the weakest World Seies winners all time and the lowest rated TV ratings all time for a WS.

NYT
10-29-2006, 01:28 PM
i would say its the red sox and i have been to every stadium in mlb...ny is second on that list though.

SRT8U
10-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Awesome...I had the opportunity to be in STL when they clinched against the Mets, and having been in many ither towns inluding NYC...STl definitely has awesome Baseball fans. Crazy/loyal fans ....just not obnoxious like NY fans lol

PaCharger
10-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Great pics. congrats cardinals. They ended the season hot and playing/pitching/hitting very well. Really thought it was going to be the Tigers year...it wasn't. Fun post season to watch...as usualy.

Congrats and good luck on the next season.
thanks for sharing the common guys pics! Great shots

STL-SRT8
10-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Congrats on the experience, but "Best Baseball City in the Country" is such a crock of chit. 6+ million strong watch the Mets and Yankees every season. I hate the NYY, but they still have loyal fans. Combine that with the Mets and nothing beats NYC. You got lucky and just squeaked by the Mets. If we were 100% healthy(Pedro/El Duque) you would have had no chance. Congrats though on being one of the weakest World Seies winners all time and the lowest rated TV ratings all time for a WS.

Nice attitude. . .

Population:
NY - 8,200,000 or 4,100,000 if equally split between yanks/mets
SL Metro- 2,500,000

Stadium Capacities:
Yankee Stadium - 56,546
Shea Stadium - 57,369
Busch Stadium - 46,861

Attendance: 1981-2006 (past 25 years)
Yankees - 67,432,262
Mets - 57,887,672
Cardinals - 69,577,445

Numbers aside, I think the attitude and respect shown to baseball by the players and the fans in this city far exceeds that of other cities.

Sure I may be biased, but every player that comes to this team from any other city realizes it and professes it whenever they get the chance.

As far as luck goes, that is a what is a "crock". That is why it is done as a series. "Luck" is removed if you have a chance to play a 5 or 7 game series.

But thanks for the response.

OH I forgot. . . .I like your car!! :grin:

J Weezy
10-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I am not a baseball fan AT ALL....but I gotta say that your son is almost a exact REPLICA of you man...

Glad you had a great time.

-Justin

stlchargerRT
10-29-2006, 08:40 PM

Next Poll:

Does living in NYC give you the right to be an A-Hole?!

TorRedCharger06
10-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Nah you have to be born there too. :D

stlchargerRT
10-29-2006, 08:52 PM

LOL! I knew it had to be more than just coincidence!

STL-SRT8
10-29-2006, 09:13 PM

CLASSIC! Great response. . .hey spring training is only 4 months away!!!!

NYT
10-30-2006, 12:23 AM
attendance means little to nothing in regards to baseball fans. my giants sell out every game year after year and i wouldnt place out fans in the top five.

going to baseball games out here is more of a status symbol than a real joy of the game thing.

we have the nicest stadium in mlb, just not the best fans.

wlangenbach
10-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Ask any player in the league and he would say St. Louis is the best baseball city in america, fans are always loyal and never boo their own no matter what the circumstances, unlike New York and Boston where you are only as good as your last at bat. Also just because you have a bigger city doesnt make you a better fan. Been all around the US to baseball cities and St. Louis is the best by far for baseball. Actually voted for years as the baseball city by fans and players.

wlangenbach
10-30-2006, 01:04 AM
TorRed a little jealous are boys beat your mets? And as for ratings I think you are wrong from what I have heard its not the highest rated ever but it is up there and most of the latest WS are rated lower due to cable tv and all the other type of programming now. For many years you only had 3 channels to choose from so the WS was highly rated back in the day

TorRedCharger06
10-30-2006, 09:36 AM
St. Louis wins again! Congrats! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15475741/

wlangenbach
10-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Still bitter torred?

stlchargerRT
10-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Still bitter torred?

Obviously!

TorRedCharger06
10-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Nah just feeling good especially for my car that I live in a safe city and not one that is a modern day post apocalyptic free for all. :D

STL-SRT8
10-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Nah just feeling good especially for my car that I live in a safe city and not one that is a modern day post apocalyptic free for all. :D

Yeah. . . so you best not get us angry! :grin:

Did you know. . . .they actually filmed part of Escape from New York in STL?

NYT
10-31-2006, 12:10 AM
st louis was just named most dangerous city. that sure is saying something to beat out oakland, compton and places in jersey.

stlchargerRT
10-31-2006, 12:25 PM
st louis was just named most dangerous city. that sure is saying something to beat out oakland, compton and places in jersey.

We're pretty gangsta!

I think the fact that only about a quarter of the population of the entire metropolatan area actually live within city limits has something to do with why the crime to population number may be inflated.

TorRedCharger06
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
And as for ratings I think you are wrong from what I have heard its not the highest rated ever but it is up there

Woohoo St. Louis rocks! http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15449509/ :D

wlangenbach
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Tor red is still bitter it sounds like. If a small city ball club can take out your mighty mets well so be it , but there is no reason to be so bitter If the mets won I would say congatulations good series. I wouldnt make excuses and ridicule your city just because you won. Grow up. I dont even live in St. Louis and I am offended by your comments.

TorRedCharger06
11-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Tor red is still bitter it sounds like. If a small city ball club can take out your mighty mets well so be it , but there is no reason to be so bitter If the mets won I would say congatulations good series. I wouldnt make excuses and ridicule your city just because you won. Grow up. I dont even live in St. Louis and I am offended by your comments.

It's called harmless ribbing. Don't like it don't read the thread.

wlangenbach
11-01-2006, 12:05 PM
guess I am done reading your nonsense. Go cards!!!!!!

STL-SRT8
11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
It's called harmless ribbing. Don't like it don't read the thread.

Then why don't you create a thread of your own that we can ignore instead of taking a crap on the one I made to share a bit of history and fantastic memory I had with my son.

Ribbing no longer appreciated.

wlangenbach
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM
I second Stl-srt8 comments, He the memory of a lifetime with his son and you try to dwindle that down to nothing , shame on torRed. Glad you had that time with your son I grew up in Peoria ,Il and have been a life long cardinals fan. Next year I hope to take my sons to the new Busch stadium , the home of the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals, and show him real baseball fans.

tim_1522
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
The Mets are still Pond Scum...obviously.

Glad I'm not the only one that was having a great time. I was at all of the playoff games with my sister, brother, and various other members of our family. After many seasons of "thinking about it", my sister decided to get season tix this year...and then had the option to buy playoff tickets before they went on sale to the general public, which she did. Then they ended up winning the whole thing.

I'll be asking her for stock tips in future.

Part of the reason that I've been MIA here has been to follow the Cards in the post-season. Hopefully as things calm down, I'll be around more.

Sure has been fun driving around in a Cardinal Red Charger these past few weeks. :)

STL-SRT8
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
The Mets are still Pond Scum...obviously.

Glad I'm not the only one that was having a great time. I was at all of the playoff games with my sister, brother, and various other members of our family. After many seasons of "thinking about it", my sister decided to get season tix this year...and then had the option to buy playoff tickets before they went on sale to the general public, which she did. Then they ended up winning the whole thing.

I'll be asking her for stock tips in future.

Part of the reason that I've been MIA here has been to follow the Cards in the post-season. Hopefully as things calm down, I'll be around more.

Sure has been fun driving around in a Cardinal Red Charger these past few weeks. :)

Hey Tim, good to see you here. I think I have seen you around town a few times. Trying to remember where exactly, I'm thinking Olive near 270.

Have you joined or checked out www.gatewaylxclub.com It is kind of dead there by comparison, but Grinner is having a Meet-n-Greet on Novermber 18th at his Studio.

PM me if you need details.

tim_1522
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey Tim, good to see you here. I think I have seen you around town a few times. Trying to remember where exactly, I'm thinking Olive near 270.Well, I live very close to Olive and 270, so it's very likely that you've the Torred, with either seen myself or my wife behind the wheel.Have you joined or checked out www.gatewaylxclub.com (http://www.gatewaylxclub.com) It is kind of dead there by comparison, but Grinner is having a Meet-n-Greet on Novermber 18th at his Studio.No, I have a hard enough time keeping up on this forum, but I will try to find my way over there soon.

The MNG sounds cool, but I'm gonng be out of town that weekend.

Also, I should probably apologize to AreTee for not making it to the KC MNG last month. I was busy at NLCS games.

STL-SRT8
11-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, I live very close to Olive and 270, so it's very likely that you've the Torred, with either seen myself or my wife behind the wheel.No, I have a hard enough time keeping up on this forum, but I will try to find my way over there soon.

The MNG sounds cool, but I'm gonng be out of town that weekend.

Also, I should probably apologize to AreTee for not making it to the KC MNG last month. I was busy at NLCS games.

I remembered, you were heading west on Olive passing in front of St. Monica's and I was heading east to Lion's Choice!

If you work around there, we should grab lunch some time.

Same here on the KC deal. . .that and the wife out of town, couldn't make the trip.

tim_1522
11-03-2006, 09:30 AM
My kids go to St. Monica...that was probably my wife dropping them off or picking them up depending on the time of day.

I work up at Boeing right next to the airport.

STL-SRT8
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Experience is now complete.

Tommy and I were able to get our picture taken with the World Series Trophy today at the Cardinals Warm Up.

Another cool experience. Pretty Amazing!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/356340480_573df42ae7_o.jpg

MotorCity Muscle
02-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Very nice pics w/ you and your son. Please forgive the sour grapes on my part, but - wait till next year!!!!

Cometstorm
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Great pics, STL-SRT8!

Not being a baseball fan (I gave it up when the industry struck right B4 the world series in the early 90's), I haven't even clicked on this thread until now.

But, for grins....I clicked on this thread since it seems to have been running for awhile.

Excellent pics of you and your son! I'm sure you both have memories of a lifetime! :)

I couldn't believe it when only just a few entries later, some one just had to try and ruin your pleasant post and father/son experience.

Shame, shame, shame.....

By the way, the manner in which you handled this person's idiotic and distasteful remarks speaks volumes as to your maturity... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Cometstorm/thumbs.jpg

STL-SRT8
02-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Great pics, STL-SRT8!

Not being a baseball fan (I gave it up when the industry struck right B4 the world series in the early 90's), I haven't even clicked on this thread until now.

But, for grins....I clicked on this thread since it seems to have been running for awhile.

Excellent pics of you and your son! I'm sure you both have memories of a lifetime! :)

I couldn't believe it when only just a few entries later, some one just had to try and ruin your pleasant post and father/son experience.

Shame, shame, shame.....

By the way, the manner in which you handled this person's idiotic and distasteful remarks speaks volumes as to your maturity... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Cometstorm/thumbs.jpg

Thanks C.S. . . .I appreciate your comments. It was an awesome time, and seeing the trophy was pretty cool too!

Local M&G coming up, sending a PM.

Dan

goldberg1701
02-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Go Cubbies!!!! LOL

Glad you guys had a great time. With me being in Oklahoma for the Army, I don't really get to see many of my Chicago sports teams games. Kinda sucks, but ya can't win 'em all.