: My two cents on car care.

a14umbra
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I've been using DriWash (http://www.dri-wash.us/) for years now. I used it on my Grand National (it was black), my Grand Am (also black), my 300M, my 75 Beetle (classic car), and my Charger.

You don't need water to wash your car, and is shines real perty.
http://www.hoyous.com/albums_public/car_show/mediafiles/l19.jpg

I've been known to wash my car at lunch in the parking lot, after church while my wife is chatting, just about anywhere. I always keep it and rags in my trunk. It takes bugs of easily, good on break dust, and is great on the windows too.

I don't sell the stuff, have no affiliation with the company. My Chiropractor turned me on to it. He collects Vettes and it's all he'll use on them. Water never touches his Vettes.

HIGH_HEMI
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Gonna have to get me some of that there stuff. Washed mine today for 1 1/2 hours...30 minutes on the body and 1 hour on the front end...bugs were just baked on the nose.

bstowers
10-02-2005, 09:02 PM
That stuff sounds scary.

And exciting Ionic Technology (an industry first) helps repel dust and dirt from your vehicles surface!Hmmm, if I used that stuff instead of taking a shower, would I keep my deep luster all week long?

a14umbra
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
That stuff sounds scary.

Hmmm, if I used that stuff instead of taking a shower, would I keep my deep luster all week long?

All I know is I love the stuff. Been using it since 1992. on the car too.

Of The Moonlight
10-02-2005, 09:05 PM
you know what you SHOULDNT buy?

that mr clean autodry car wash. **** broke in its second use. im gonna buy a new filter for it and give it one last chance but, seriously, weaksauce.

bstowers
10-02-2005, 09:11 PM
All I know is I love the stuff. Been using it since 1992. on the car too.How long will a 64oz bottle last (assume separate bottles for me and my car)?

a14umbra
10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Takes about 2 ounces per car wash. You use it sparingly. It spays on from a hand pump (enviroment firendly) aerosol bottle. Wipe off the dirt, it hazes over quickly, buff it off.

GoDaddy
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
good info i am going to have to pick some of this stuff up! bstower how is the clear bra coming along?

bstowers
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
bstower how is the clear bra coming along?Didn't do it. Somehow, I got full-on lazy mode this weekend.

JayR04
10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
where can i get this stuff?

bstowers
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
where can i get this stuff?Ummm, he linked it in the first post. Here it is again, but all spelled out:

http://www.dri-wash.us/

JayR04
10-02-2005, 11:50 PM
i meant do they carry this in stores like kragan or autozone? or would i have to order?

bstowers
10-03-2005, 12:51 AM
You can find several places selling it on line via Google, but looking at the marketing method of the company behind, I don't think you'll find it in many of your local stores.

a14umbra
10-03-2005, 05:11 AM
You can find several places selling it on line via Google, but looking at the marketing method of the company behind, I don't think you'll find it in many of your local stores.

That is correct sir!

gserp4sox
10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey a14umbra,

I live in New England and cars get REALLY dirty here in the winter. Are you suggesting this stuff will clean off that kind of dirt/salt/mung without scratching the paint? Hard to beleive!

mshettel
10-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Never used it on cars, just airplanes. It's great for removeing the bugs. Heavy dirt/salt/mung should be washed with soap and water. Keep it maintained with DriWash.

darkrebel
10-03-2005, 06:04 PM
yeah, i watched their promotional video. it seems more like a spot/shine solution. i couldnt see that replacing the traditional wash because of thick dirt/mudd and grime. but it sure would be good to have to give your car a quick shine when its slow at work or on break.

DAYTONA_R/T
10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I would compare this to a quick detail spray.... for use between washes... but would be scared to clean my vehicles with this....

How does it work on mud covered trucks? just spray on and buff off? :D

Billybobs R/T
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
that mr clean autodry car wash. **** broke in its second use. im gonna buy a new filter for it and give it one last chance but, seriously, weaksauce.

Mr Clean sucks....it left spots all over my baby...waste of money.

a14umbra
10-03-2005, 10:12 PM
yeah, i watched their promotional video. it seems more like a spot/shine solution. i couldnt see that replacing the traditional wash because of thick dirt/mudd and grime. but it sure would be good to have to give your car a quick shine when its slow at work or on break.

I've used it to wash my cars, not just spot/shine, for 13 years now. It does an excellent job with road salt on the paint, but I still powerwash that stuff off periodically to protect the car (I'm not stupid :wink: ).

If you have gobs of mud hanging off your car, use common sense. But, I rarely use water on my cars.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell it. I just wanted you to have the facts.

BT1024
10-04-2005, 01:49 AM
- "Dri-wash" - is one of those Multi-Level Marketing products.

- (FMP) I wouldn't buy it, because it supports one of those silly multi-level marketing companies. It is one of those "get rich quick", "start your own business", "get more people under you and make big $$", "make it big", "we are not Amway", Bull Sh*t companies. **Yes, I have a "bad" tone towards the MLM's - because I run into the "MLM'ers" all over the place - "pushy, pushy, they are", said Yoda. They won't leave you alone - pushing to either to buy the products, or to become one of the many making the "big bucks" (I could spend all night, telling the stories).

- (FMP) The other reason I would not buy it, is because if you spray it on and wipe it off, how do you keep from scratching the paint?. If there is any sort of hard "particulate" matter on your car, you will scratch the paint.

- Here is what apears to be the "corporate" website > http://www.dwgint.com/

- I found some posts out on the Web, about the "stuff" - http://www.web-cars.com/detail/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=10600&t=10600

- Hopefully someone can get some reputable information from professional a detailer.

Brian T.

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 05:17 AM
It seems some are making unfounded statements about DriWash. I'm just trying to offer info here. I've used DriWash for over a decade, have bought it from three different dealers and NO ONE has ever asked me to sell it.

IT IS NOT MLM! I HATE MLM!. I wouldn't have brought it to this forum's attention if it was MLM. If anything, the dealers don't want others to sell it. They don't want to create any competition.

If you don't want to use it, I don't blame you. We all love our cars and don't want to risk anything to hurt them. But don't post you assumptions as facts. That's not fair to anyone.

I never tried to say that Dri-Wash was the best product for detailing. It's a great product for keeping you car clean on a regular basis.

Off my soapbox now.

BT1024
10-04-2005, 08:50 AM
It seems some are making unfounded statements about DriWash. I'm just trying to offer info here. I've used DriWash for over a decade, have bought it from three different dealers and NO ONE has ever asked me to sell it.

IT IS NOT MLM! I HATE MLM!. I wouldn't have brought it to this forum's attention if it was MLM. If anything, the dealers don't want others to sell it. They don't want to create any competition.

If you don't want to use it, I don't blame you. We all love our cars and don't want to risk anything to hurt them. But don't post you assumptions as facts. That's not fair to anyone.

I never tried to say that Dri-Wash was the best product for detailing. It's a great product for keeping you car clean on a regular basis.

Off my soapbox now.

- That was an interesting post.

- Other than myself, who else was making statements about "dri wash"?

- I'm not sure what the "unfounded" statement was, please clarify.

So, when I do a "google" search for "Dri wash" and "MLM" or "DWG" and "MLM" I find that "DWG" comes up on all sorts of MLM lists.

- My statements about MLM's were in general - I was not trying to say that you were an MLM'er or that you were trying to get us to buy or sell the stuff. It's odd that you read my post that way.

- What was my "assumption" and where did I state that it was a fact ?

- In my original post - I asked, "....if you spray it on and wipe it off, how do you keep from scratching the paint?". I just can't see how you can spray something on a dirty car and wipe it all off, without scratching the paint.

I was just offering my 2 Cents (FMP)

NOTE: In my original post, I listed the "FMP" tag in front of my statements - "FMP" = "From my perspective". I'm trying to create one of those Internet "Lingo" things.

Brian T.

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 09:03 AM
- That was an interesting post.

- Other than myself, who else was making statements about "dri wash"?

- I'm not sure what the "unfounded" statement was, please clarify.

So, when I do a "google" search for "Dri wash" and "MLM" or "DWG" and "MLM" I find that "DWG" comes up on all sorts of MLM lists.

- My statements about MLM's were in general - I was not trying to say that you were an MLM'er or that you were trying to get us to buy or sell the stuff. It's odd that you read my post that way.

- What was my "assumption" and where did I state that it was a fact ?

- In my original post - I asked, "....if you spray it on and wipe it off, how do you keep from scratching the paint?". I just can't see how you can spray something on a dirty car and wipe it all off, without scratching the paint.

I was just offering my 2 Cents (FMP)

NOTE: In my original post, I listed the "FMP" tag in front of my statements - "FMP" = "From my perspective". I'm trying to create one of those Internet "Lingo" things.

Brian T.

Regardless of the connections made on the internet. I don't believe that DriWash dealers are paid to enlist new dealers (MLM). I think it gets lumped in with MLM because of the product type and the fact that it's the type of product that people will sell out of their homes.

Oh, and you're not entitled to your opinion.

So there! :wink:

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 09:12 AM
BTW Brian (note the lingo thingy),

When are we going to get together and follow each other up High Street? One Charger gets sweet reactions, two would be even better!

darkrebel
10-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Anyway, I'm not trying to sell it. I just wanted you to have the facts.

heh, i do in fact appreciate the plug... ill prolly buy some. i didnt know this stuff existed.

/rant
And about the mr. clean auto dry thing, thats just a marketing gimmick. It doesnt do any better than wash rag, bucket, and drying cloth. The soap doesnt foam/lather very much, therefore for a good cleaning you end up using more than you're supposed to. And a brand new autodry filter left white spots on my cousins car. it looked like someone sprinkled talcum powder and took us 30min getting them off.
/rantoff

After chucking the mr.clean thing i used some mcguires car/boat soap i had laying around. Its pretty good, but what kind of soap do you guys use/recommend??

BT1024
10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Just read the notes on the "dri-wash" (one of the many distributors) web site - I've bolded the parts where they push you to recruit others "below" you, so that you can make money off of their sales (MLM). Oh hey, do you see all of the "start your own business", "Make big $$$" quotes - here's one right from the website "Earn Big $$$ as a Director". Then there's all of the motivational videos, tapes, books and seminars that they want you to attend.

Excerpt below, from > http://www.dri-wash.us/eti/quick_start_director.htm

Excerpt:
"....."Serious about this business? Good, for you recognize attaining "Director" status should be your number one goal. As a "Director" you make a whopping 40% commission on retail sales with a 10% override on Managers and a 20% override on Dealers you sponsor into your organization. As a Director you have the commission base necessary (40% / 20% / 10%) to immediately make significant money retailing DWG products, doing mobile detailing and recruiting new distributors into your DWG organization.
There are several ways to reach "Director" status. The "Quick Start" Director allows you to take advantage of bigger commissions and recruiting options right from the start. As a QS Director you make an initial purchase of $2500 (retail value) inventory at a 35% discount. Future inventory purchases are at the Director (40%) discount. For approximately $1625 out of pocket you are able to begin your DWG career in the Director status."

- (FMP) I'm not sure if it can be endorsed as something that people should spray on a dirty car and then wipe off - "Dirty" meaning covered hard particles (such as salt and sand).

- Well, anyhow - it may be a great product. Good luck with it.

That is it from me, on this subject.

Brian T.

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
And a brand new autodry filter left white spots on my cousins car.

Dude! That sucks. That's exactly what it's suppose to prevent. I was actually considering buying it to wash my wife's van. (I hate washing her van. It's too stinkin' big!)

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Just read the notes on the "dri-wash" (one of the many distributors) web site - I've bolded the parts where they push you to recruit others "below" you, so that you can make money off of their sales (MLM). Oh hey, do you see all of the "start your own business", "Make big $$$" quotes - here's one right from the website "Earn Big $$$ as a Director". Then there's all of the motivational videos, tapes, books and seminars that they want you to attend.

Excerpt below, from > http://www.dri-wash.us/eti/quick_start_director.htm

Excerpt:
"....."Serious about this business? Good, for you recognize attaining "Director" status should be your number one goal. As a "Director" you make a whopping 40% commission on retail sales with a 10% override on Managers and a 20% override on Dealers you sponsor into your organization. As a Director you have the commission base necessary (40% / 20% / 10%) to immediately make significant money retailing DWG products, doing mobile detailing and recruiting new distributors into your DWG organization.
There are several ways to reach "Director" status. The "Quick Start" Director allows you to take advantage of bigger commissions and recruiting options right from the start. As a QS Director you make an initial purchase of $2500 (retail value) inventory at a 35% discount. Future inventory purchases are at the Director (40%) discount. For approximately $1625 out of pocket you are able to begin your DWG career in the Director status."

- (FMP) I'm not sure if it can be endorsed as something that people should spray on a dirty car and then wipe off - "Dirty" meaning covered hard particles (such as salt and sand).

- Well, anyhow - it may be a great product. Good luck with it.

That is it from me, on this subject.

Brian T.

My apologies. I stand corrected. My personal experience is that the dealers I've met aren't interested in recruiting. I still love the product. Like I said, used with common sense, it does work.

JayR04
10-04-2005, 11:18 AM
i've been using the mr clean autody thing and its works like it says it does. even on a black car i dont get any spots. the first couple of times i did get a few spots but as i got practice it came out spotless. its a lot easier than a normal wash and only takes 10 min. since i've had it i wash my car every 3 days.

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 11:24 AM
i've been using the mr clean autody thing and its works like it says it does. even on a black car i dont get any spots. the first couple of times i did get a few spots but as i got practice it came out spotless. its a lot easier than a normal wash and only takes 10 min. since i've had it i wash my car every 3 days.

Maybe I will try it. Worse case, I use DriWash to remove the spots. :wink:

GoDaddy
10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
i have contemplated using the mr. clean product a few times but can't seem to get myself to purchase it......it isn't exactly cheap compared to just buying megiuars car wash soap. maybe when i get home i will test it on the wife's car.

Billybobs R/T
10-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I have used it 3 times,and all 3 times I got the white spots. My father in law used it on his truck..same thing...You still have to towel dry it to keep it from getting spotty...not worth the money IMO.

Hemiready
10-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I have used it 3 times,and all 3 times I got the white spots. My father in law used it on his truck..same thing...You still have to towel dry it to keep it from getting spotty...not worth the money IMO.

I gotta be in the minority here because the Mr. Clean thing worked good for me on my last dark colored car and on the wife's mini van - although it is a lot more costly then just some car soap and water.

I did notice that it isn't working as well on my balck Charger so it might be the end of that product and back to the bucket for me.

Thunderkiss
10-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Regardless of the connections made on the internet. I don't believe that DriWash dealers are paid to enlist new dealers (MLM). I think it gets lumped in with MLM because of the product type and the fact that it's the type of product that people will sell out of their homes.

Oh, and you're not entitled to your opinion.

So there! :wink:

hey, you guys are only entitled to my opinion, so there!!!! :wink:

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BT1024
10-04-2005, 03:13 PM

- OK........Things have "cooled down" - a14umbra, sent me a "PM" to apologize and I apologized back - Sorry All, for creating a distraction......I just get a little heated about "MLM" stuff - with that aside, the "Dri wash" product may be a good thing - I have never used it.

- I've been using the Meqiuars soap, packaged as "Mopar" soap. I bought a little Mopar wash kit (soap, wheel cleaner, etc) at the dealer, for about $9.00. I bought it to get the black carrying pouch that came with it, I now use the pouch to carry my portable Magellan GPS stuff.

Brian T.

a14umbra
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
I now use the pouch to carry my portable Magellan GPS stuff.

Brian T.

How do you like the Magellan. I use TomTom (http://www.tomtom.com/). I love it.

BT1024
10-04-2005, 03:28 PM
How do you like the Magellan. I use TomTom (http://www.tomtom.com/). I love it.

- I bought the Megellan Roadmate 300 model - and got a 256mb SD card for free as part of a rebate. The 256mb card came preloaded with PA,MD,NJ,DE and some other states.

- For the time that I have used it, I like it - it seems to be a good product.

- I have used the NeverLost system, many times before, in Hertz rental cars - and from what I have read, Megellan makes those systems as well. Actually, mine has all of the same features as the NeverLost (same voice and everything).

Well, hopefully gas prices go DOWN soon, or I won't be taking many roadtrips any time soon.

Brian T.

GoDaddy
10-04-2005, 03:42 PM
- OK........Things have "cooled down" - a14umbra, sent me a "PM" to apologize and I apologized back - Sorry All, for creating a distraction......I just get a little heated about "MLM" stuff - with that aside, the "Dri wash" product may be a good thing - I have never used it.

- I've been using the Meqiuars soap, packaged as "Mopar" soap. I bought a little Mopar wash kit (soap, wheel cleaner, etc) at the dealer, for about $9.00. I bought it to get the black carrying pouch that came with it, I now use the pouch to carry my portable Magellan GPS stuff.

Brian T.
i swear by all things meguiars....soap, wax, spray, tire cleaner.....i have always liked their products.....my question to all out there....has anyone used a leather cleaner at all or felt a need to use a leather cleaner? i have been using a damp cloth and everything comes out, but i want to seal it i guess or keep that luster. any advice is appreciated

Billybobs R/T
10-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I used the Meguires leather wipes.Everything seems ok with them.