Blind Spot Monitoring Unavailable [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Blind Spot Monitoring Unavailable

chargermaxx
12-30-2012, 11:48 PM
I have a 2012 R/T Maxx that has an irregular problem with the blind spot monitoring system. It seems the be more dominant when the temperatures get down lower. I've only had the car for a few short months and it has less than 5k miles on it. I have taken it to the dealer on one occasion. They read the system, seeing where it lost connection on three different times. But during the visit they could not reproduce the problem. They cleared the system and sent me on my way. Two days later go to start the car up and its back. This is about the third time it has done it and will stay out for sometimes 3-5 days. Even turning it on and off in the settings makes no difference. Tried to reset the vehicle by disconnecting the battery. The driver side mirror orange triangle will stay illuminated always and in the info cluster by the speedometer it states: vehicles blind spot monitoring is unavailable. What do you guys think this may be. Any help would be great!

chargermaxx
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
So took it to the dealer again today. Problem actually showed while I was there. Dealer is ordering a replacement driver side mirror. Hoping this fixes the issue and none of you guys have the same problems!

KamB
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
I actually had this problem not to long ago where the passenger side orange triangle stayed illuminated. I was able to shut it off in the settings and turn it back on and it cleared it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

chargermaxx
12-31-2012, 11:01 AM
I've turned it on and off in the settings probably 100 times no luck lol. The dealer said it's a bad connection in the mirror itself. I just ride with it turned off for now til the new mirror comes in. Little beep when it starts letting me know the system is off. But not that annoying bright orange triangle lit up 24/7.

shady512
01-09-2013, 03:35 AM
I seem to be having the same problem. I just picked up a 2013 SRT and the passenger side mirror is the one that is not working. When I have blindspot detection turned on, the orange indicator won't turn off. Also, the auto-dimming feature does not work on this mirror. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Thursday.

chargermaxx
01-09-2013, 03:45 AM
I seem to be having the same problem. I just picked up a 2013 SRT and the passenger side mirror is the one that is not working. When I have blindspot detection turned on, the orange indicator won't turn off. Also, the auto-dimming feature does not work on this mirror. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Thursday.

I don't believe the passenger mirrors have the auto dimming feature. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the SRT mirrors are any different than the RT Max?!? The driver side and rear view should be the only ones.
Headed to the dealer this afternoon actually to get the new mirror installed. Will let you know if this fixes the problem.

Stevens12
01-09-2013, 07:31 AM
13,500 miles and no issues with my 2012. I hope your issue gets resolved with the replacement mirrors.

chargermaxx
01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Well looks like the mirror being replaced fixed the issue. Hopefully it stays fixed this time around.