My 1970 Plum-Crazy purple charger r/t se, 440 4spd.. sitting 32 years. [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: My 1970 Plum-Crazy purple charger r/t se, 440 4spd.. sitting 32 years.

FIGS
06-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm unfortunatly not up to date with the current ''market''. I'm a bit curious to see if anyone can help me out a bit. I am trying to get a rough figure on what one of my cars is worth, For when the time comes if I actually ever try to get rid of it.

The car is a 1970 dodge charger R/T SE. It's a 440 4spd car. the car is plum-crazy purple. The car is original, number matching. The car is un-restored, And basically untouched.

This car sat for the past 32 years in a garage. There is ZERO rot under the car/floors/trunk/frame ETC. The only rust is a small spot of surface rust on the hood where the paint peeled, And on the trunk (paint peeled a bit). The body is completly straight, other then one dime sized ding on it.

The car has the black interior (MINT/FLAWLESS), With the tic-toc tak, woodgrain trim, pistol grip 4spd, am/8-track player, ETC. The car has a black vinyl top that does now show any signs of wear.

If anyone has any knowledge, Please let me know. The car turns over, Although the original gas tank has been removed (not replaced), (10 years ago).

Here are a few current pictures from today. Please keep in mind this car has not been cleaned for 32 years. I have the original set of 4 wheels, And four original tires for it aswell. The one wheel is not on in the picture, Although I do have it ! On the interior pic, The passenger side door panel is complete, Although not in the pic (I have all the original un-broken pieces).

(original resting spot until today when I brought it to sit in the corner of my larger garage.)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/13.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/19-1.jpg

(I have all four original wheels as I said, I just do not have the one on in the pic).
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/25-1.jpg

the hide-away lights and all other accessories work, On the car
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/43.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/16-1.jpg

(original mileage, 65k)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/31-1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/40.jpg

Not many have ever seen one of these, Ha ha..
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/22-5.jpg

Thank you all for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

dellagratti
06-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Honestly, u should pay me to take it from u. It aint worth squat. Just Kidding! If the motor cranks n tranny still solid i say a rt with a 440 would be worth quite a bit.

Ddaddy
06-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Well, in it's current condition it's worth between $35k and $50k to the right buyer but it could go as high as $85k on a good day. A numbers matching unrestored Charger R/T 440 4 spd with the tick-tock-tach and pistol grip shifter in Plum Crazy is a rare find.

If you ever do decide to sell it, get a good broker to market it for you. It's a potential gold mine that will only increase in value.

I'm jealous! :)

FIGS
06-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Thank you both very much for such quick responses. I really appreciate the time you both took to reply! I know the 'muscle-car' market is up and down at times, So I just wanted to at least get a rough figure. I'm not in a huge rush to get rid of the car, But I'm also not one of 'those people', Who will tell you ''it's being restored one day, not forsale'' !

lukefairs
06-21-2011, 10:30 PM
how many miles does it have?

brady0323
06-21-2011, 10:58 PM
ahhh its not worth the trouble to sell.

best to just toss me the keys and ill take care of it for you no worries!

spenosk8er
06-22-2011, 01:16 AM
That is a car of beauty right there....

MCO_Carter
06-22-2011, 02:10 AM
I'd say it's worth about $2500...but you seem like a decent fellow, so I'll help you out and give you an even $3K...just let me know where I should pick it up.

Kansas City_Charger
06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
how many miles does it have?

Posted above the pic of the gauge cluster

(original mileage, 65k)

Kansas City_Charger
06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
I'd say it's worth about $2500...but you seem like a decent fellow, so I'll help you out and give you an even $3K...just let me know where I should pick it up.

I up you, I'll give the OP $2600 and a bag of skittles.

Seriously, I am jealous. Just by the pics you can tell this car is worth some serious cash. Curious, how much did YOU buy it for? You can send me a PM if you like

oneil
06-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Very nice car! You should at least give it a quick wash/detail just to clean her up and take more pics (perhaps outside?) - for the sake of the forum goers :)

Gunder Armour
06-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Very nice! With all that dust, it reminds me of the Delorean being stored in that mineshaft for 70 years. LOL.

Alex0785
06-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Keep us posted on its restoration. Thats an amazing car you have got there.

Crazy J
06-22-2011, 09:03 AM
OMG, I would NOT sell that car! Clean it up, get running and show it the hell off.

sickboy98tj
06-22-2011, 03:37 PM
that's a dream machine for me. Even the color... I love the bright and odd colors from that era- Green, Yellow, Plum, and of course Orange. Almost every Charger i see at car shows are chop resto jobs... and not that good. Plus all either come with, or have been converted to auto tranny...:rolleyes2:

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Well, in it's current condition it's worth between $35k and $50k to the right buyer but it could go as high as $85k on a good day. A numbers matching unrestored Charger R/T 440 4 spd with the tick-tock-tach and pistol grip shifter in Plum Crazy is a rare find.

If you ever do decide to sell it, get a good broker to market it for you. It's a potential gold mine that will only increase in value.

I'm jealous! :)

Does it run? If not, the above numbers seem too high to me. I think this is a $20K car as it is. I don't think there is any way this is a $50K car as it sits now. If it were a Hemi, that would start, then sure.

Here is a nice '70 Charger 440 that sold for under $20K (not # matching):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-DODGE-CHARGER-RT-TRUE-RT-NO-RESERVE-EXCELLENT-/270759399864?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0a8491b8

Here is a '70 Charger that looks to be in similar condition, that sold for under $8K (non numbers matching):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-440-/300565087471?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item45fb1344ef#ht_500wt_1182

Here is a clean # Matching 440 '70 with some upgrades and the stock parts with a Buy It Now of $29K: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-CHARGER-R-T-4-speed-440-Engine-NUMBER-MATCHING-/250842135753?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a675b3cc9#ht_7910wt_1161

If you are able to do a cosmetic restoration (clean it up) and make sure it drives well and safely, then I think you might have a $40K car. But if this car has really sat that long and hasn't been driven, it is going to take some serious work to get it up and running and working soundly. Also what documentation do you have? Documentation will be critical for big money.

I wish you all the luck. A '70 Charger 440 in Plum Crazy with a pistol grip is a cool ride. :driving:

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 07:04 PM
BTW, I've done more research and I think that if the car can be made to run and is just cleaned up that this is maybe a $25K car. That is assuming that all the major bits are there (stock air cleaner cover, valve cover, etc..) This is a condition 4 or 5 car depending on if it can be made to run or not. Also it doesn't help that it has only the base engine for an R/T. The color, SE option, and pistol grip do help and probably add up to 25% extra to the value. NADA gave a value of around $22K if this car were in "daily driver" condition (their lowest grade- "Low Retail"). They don't take into account the color being a popular one, so I figure that might add another 5%.

This value seems about what I would expect (as I wrote before). I am no expert on this, and only follow collector cars as a hobby. Therefore if you are serious about selling it, you might want to get a serious appraisal in the meantime. Also I think it is critical that you make sure that the car can start up and drive...

If this were one of the more rare engines, then this car could have been worth a small mint.

Part Deux
06-22-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't know Grim... I watched an matching number charger sell in 2007 for over 100k on ebay.

OP, There are better forums for the classic cars then this one.

If you want someone that would treat that car with all the respect it deserves, I will make you proud :)

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't know Grim... I watched an matching number charger sell in 2007 for over 100k on ebay.

OP, There are better forums for the classic cars then this one.

If you want someone that would treat that car with all the respect it deserves, I will make you proud :)

For SURE a matching number Charger R/T can sell for WAY for $100K. But it has to have a Hemi or 440 6-pack under the hood. Even then, and 440 6-pack probably won't break $100K. And to reach top money it has to be a VERY nice car (condition 1 or 2). This car is in condition 4 or 5 (5 being the worst) so it definitely isn't getting top money. If Galen Govier certifies it, the car has good paperwork, and the car can be driven, then we are talking about some decent money.

If the car is rotisserie restored to a top notch condition then I think we are talking about a car that might be worth $70-80K.

This car has potential, but it looks to be in ROUGH shape right now. You can see surface rust has eaten through the paint on the trunk, etc. This car needs a serious (and expensive) restoration.

Obviously this is just my silly opinion though. But I did go through my Hemmings Motor News (the collector car "Bible"), eBay, and NADA to figure this out. Not to mention I have owner and restored a few cars in my day. Although I never tackled a car in this kind of shape! I would be scared to death about starting the engine up...I assume it is going to need a full rebuild with the rest of the drivetrain. Not to mention that all the surface rust is going to need to be addressed, etc... We are talking about a BIG projects here!

Obviously this would be a great problem to have in my garage though! :bigthumb:

FIGS
06-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Grimlock, Thank you very much for taking all this time to post this information for me, I truly do appreciate it ! I know I can honestly take on the work of fixing the car, Getting it going, And getting the car in ''tip-top'' shape, As I build cars for a living out of my very large garage, HOWEVER they are all turbo/awd vehicles... So that is apples to oranges !

I had to wetsand and buff a car I just painted today for someone, So I figured I'd try to just give the paint a quick 'skim' with the buffer lightly to see what happened..

I only did the drivers side as I have alot going on up there:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/6-2.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/9-1.jpg

I still never cleaned the interior but I got a clearer pic.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/2-18.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/22-6.jpg

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 08:37 PM
If you can do the work yourself, then I think you have a perfect project here and a TON of potential. I miss the hell out of my '69 Roadrunner and I would love to get a car like this in my garage!

Is your goal to flip the car? Or do you want to keep it?

If you want to sell it, I would fix it up mechanically, clean the interior and then give the car some paint. Maybe only the hood and trunk need to be painted and blended? I have no clue how well this will work with new paints versus old ones, so maybe that isn't possible.

I figure that could get you in the $35K range (condition 3). And it should be fairly inexpensive to get there assuming the mechanicals aren't too bad. To restore this to #1 consdition would cost you a ton of money even if you did most of the work yourself, and odds are you couldn't get the car to a correct #1 condition yourself unless you are a Mopar expert, but I definitely think this is a project that could be done and you wouldn't lose money on it if you did a lot of the labor yourself. And the best thing is that this isn't going to depreciate. Old cars never get uncool. Especially muscle cars. So depending on your goals it might be worth it.

If you plan to flip it, then I would just do a quick cosmetic and mechanical restoration and let someone else decide if they want to invest more money to take it to #1 condition.

This car has a lot going for it. The sitting for 29 years part gives it some drama. The plum paint, 4-spd, and the fact it is a R/T & SE are all good things. Take tons of pictures and document EVERYTHING. Make sure you backup all the pictures too. Every little thing adds value!

PS: BTW, I think you will find more information on another Mopar website. This site is dedicated to '06+ Chargers and so you won't find a whole lot of folks here who own the classic B-body. You will find some helpful people here, but I expect you could find more help elsewhere. And yes, I could see the banner at the top of the site confusing you. I personally don't think there should be a B-body there, but a lot of folks like to think their modern Charger is a close family member to the B-body...where really our site has nothing to do with the classics.

Ddaddy
06-22-2011, 08:46 PM
A total of 9370 1970 Charger R/T models were made.

Only 1199 were made in Plum Crazy.

Only 15.5% of those were the SE model with a 4-spd.

That means only 186 of these cars were ever made.

This is a rare car. Numbers matching 1 of 186 with original paint.

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I am shocked they made that many Plum Crazy cars. That is a huge percentage! I wonder how many Pink ones were made. ;p

Ddaddy
06-22-2011, 08:55 PM
I missed one more factor. Factory Stripe delete.

That puts this car in the less than 100 ever made category.

Even rarer.

Ddaddy
06-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I am shocked they made that many Plum Crazy cars. That is a huge percentage! I wonder how many Pink ones were made. ;p

EB3 - Paint Light Blue Metallic 225 built 2.4% Chrysler Paint AY2EB3

EB5 - Paint Bright Blue Metallic 1012 built 10.8% Chrysler Paint AY2EB5

EB7 - Paint Dark Blue Metallic 328 built 3.5% Chrysler Paint AY2EB7

EF8 - Paint Dark Green Metallic 881 built 9.4% Chrysler Paint AY2EF8

EK2 - Paint Go Mango** 431 built 4.6% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY2EK2

EV2 - Paint Hemi Orange** 600 built 6.4% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY2EV2

EW1 - Paint White 403 built 4.3% Chrysler Paint AY1EW1

FC7 - Paint Plum Crazy** 1199 built 12.8% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY2FC7

FE5 - Paint Medium Red 665 built 7.1% Chrysler Paint AY1FE5

FF4 - Paint Light Green Metallic 637 built 6.8% Chrysler Paint AY2FF4

FJ5 - Paint Sublime** 394 built 4.2% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FJ5

FJ6 - Paint Green Go** 19 built 0.2% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FJ6

FK5 - Paint Dark Burnt Orange Metallic 881 built 9.4% Chrysler Paint AY2FK5

FM3 - Paint Panther Pink** 28 built 0.3% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FM3

FT6 - Dark Tan Metallic 309 built 3.3% Chrysler Paint AY2FT6

FY1 - Paint Top Banana** 647 built 6.9% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FY1

FY4 - Paint Light Gold Metallic 206 built 2.2% Chrysler Paint AY2FY4

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I missed one more factor. Factory Stripe delete.

That puts this car in the less than 100 ever made category.

Even rarer.

I am sure if you factored in the 8-track it would be even more rare. That had to be an EXPENSIVE option for 1970! My Dodge Red Book in in storage or I could pull it out and see what I could find.

That being said, all these little things add to the story, but I am not sure they add a whole lot to the value. I think the keys are the color, R/T & SE trims, and the 4-spd. If Galen Govier documents this to be the only one built this way (which is very possible) then that helps the value somewhat, but I am not sure more than 5% to have a rare option combo. That is the icing on the cake. But the cake is pretty good to start with, which is more important.

I am still shocked that nearly 13% of them were made in Plum Crazy. I would have thought it would be a much more rare color on the Charger! I would have expected it on the Challenger, but not the Charger.

Grimlock
06-22-2011, 09:08 PM
EB3 - Paint Light Blue Metallic 225 built 2.4% Chrysler Paint AY2EB3

EB5 - Paint Bright Blue Metallic 1012 built 10.8% Chrysler Paint AY2EB5

EB7 - Paint Dark Blue Metallic 328 built 3.5% Chrysler Paint AY2EB7

EF8 - Paint Dark Green Metallic 881 built 9.4% Chrysler Paint AY2EF8

EK2 - Paint Go Mango** 431 built 4.6% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY2EK2

EV2 - Paint Hemi Orange** 600 built 6.4% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY2EV2

EW1 - Paint White 403 built 4.3% Chrysler Paint AY1EW1

FC7 - Paint Plum Crazy** 1199 built 12.8% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY2FC7

FE5 - Paint Medium Red 665 built 7.1% Chrysler Paint AY1FE5

FF4 - Paint Light Green Metallic 637 built 6.8% Chrysler Paint AY2FF4

FJ5 - Paint Sublime** 394 built 4.2% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FJ5

FJ6 - Paint Green Go** 19 built 0.2% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FJ6

FK5 - Paint Dark Burnt Orange Metallic 881 built 9.4% Chrysler Paint AY2FK5

FM3 - Paint Panther Pink** 28 built 0.3% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FM3

FT6 - Dark Tan Metallic 309 built 3.3% Chrysler Paint AY2FT6

FY1 - Paint Top Banana** 647 built 6.9% Paint - Hi Impact (see bottom) Chrysler Paint AY1FY1

FY4 - Paint Light Gold Metallic 206 built 2.2% Chrysler Paint AY2FY4

Wow, Plum Crazy was the most popular color. I would have expected B5 Blue. Nice factoids!

FIGS
06-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Just a small update.

I changed the spark plugs and fluids, And threw a battery in for the heck of it. I dumped a small amount of fuel in the carb. It cranked over 4 times and started right up! I repeated this 4 more times, And it started right up every time after.

Grimlock
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
That is great news!

RAINMANyeh
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Very cool find! I've seen old school mopars increase in value over the past several years. A numbers matching, all original plum crazy charger? You should end up with substantial return on your investment. But I'd keep her and enjoy the ride.

Grimlock
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
It seems to me that Mopars are actually down in value. The Hemis aren't getting crazy money any more. You can get a Hemi Cuda in the $100-150K range instead of $200-250K. Don't get me wrong, they are still getting good money, but it seems the market corrected somewhat.

ChargerChick
06-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Oh I would love to have that car. And it would look so good in my garage next to the Plum I have now. :)

Daytonachad
06-24-2011, 10:59 AM
That would be a keeper to restore! BEAUTIFUL!

rattler
06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Ohh my sexy God, I love that car... love at first sight, I'll take it off your hands!

FinallyCharged
06-24-2011, 01:35 PM
my god i would kill another mexican (like me) for that car!!! lol jk!!!

doctor4766
06-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi. Nice find.I love Plum Crazy!
I saw this thread posted on Dodgecharger.com (here http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82277.0/topicseen.html )
Would be nice if you'd go and show this car and discuss it there.
(Hope I'm not outta line posting that link)
As mentioned this is more a late model forum, so you may get better answers over there.
Cheers from Oz.
Paul

Grimlock
06-24-2011, 05:43 PM
my god i would kill another mexican (like me) for that car!!! lol jk!!!

How many have you killed so far? :bigthumb:

rtmike
06-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Instead of Dodge Charger.com the '70 Charger Registry would be an even better source for information. Most likely where the # percentages came from that are posted here in the 1st place.

Govier has about 500 '70 Chargers registered. As of this month we, at the Registry we have over 2600 registered.

A quick look under the seats, carpet to check for a broadcast sheet would be a tremendous asset.

Muscle cars as a general are down. Prolly why Craig Jackson brought back reserves to his auctions? But the ones that are #'s matching with paperwork, original metal are still bringing good money.

My R/T SE is similar except it's an auto that was ordered with PW, PDB, cruise control, AC, rear window defroster, etc. One option short of being a 2 tag car.

Congrats, she's a beauty. :bigthumb:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb300/rtmike472/My%20rides/8785d2ea.jpg

rtmike
06-25-2011, 12:27 AM
http://1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/

FIGS
06-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you all for the information ! I really appreciate the links aswell. I'm going to check them out right now . I am really hoping to get time once I finish all the cars at my garage that aren't mine, So I can actually start figuring out what to do with this car :)

Mr MoPar
06-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Thank you all for the information ! I really appreciate the links aswell. I'm going to check them out right now . I am really hoping to get time once I finish all the cars at my garage that aren't mine, So I can actually start figuring out what to do with this car :)

Unless you just needed the cash, I would have a professional detailing done, fully service all fluids and things like belts, hoses, put a few miles on it to make sure everything is in good condition, and then I would tuck it back away, but this time in one of those environment controlled bubble bags just to help protect it. While values might be down now, they will only go back up. Purchase any restoration parts you may need in the future now while prices are down. You will never replace it.

One of the BIGGEST mistakes I made in life was back in 1986. I was contracting making BIG bucks for the time, and had about $25K in cash in my closet safe. Someone mentioned seeing "one of those weird Mopar's with the big wing" for sale by a local long time Thunderbird collector. I went looking, eventually found the guy, and sure enough, in his garage was a 1970 Hemi Orange Superbird. Un restored, only 70K on the ODO. Good condition, no rust, no winter use. Factory numbers matching, 440 6pak, 4 speed, similar options as the Charger in this thread.

Guy simply wanted to move it as he was looking at some other T'Bird's.

Here is the mistake, and this is no lie.

He only wanted $12,500 asking price! :banghead: I had the cash at home 20 min's away. To this day, I have no idea why I drove off????

FIGS
06-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I will try to get alot better and more detailed pictures tomorrow!

I just decoded the fender tag on the car as follows:

Decoding of Fender Tag: Botttom to Top, Left to Right
Code Description
E86 440-4 Barrel High Preformance
D21 Heavy Duty 4-Speed Manual Transmission
XS29
X = Dodge Charger
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
U0G
U = 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
G = St. Louis, MO, USA
229720 Sequence Number '229720'
FC7
Paint Code: Plum Crazy Purple / In-Violet Irid
GRXA
Trim Grade/Style/Color
G = G Class
R = Vinyl and Leather Bucket Seats
X = Black
TX9 Upper Door Frame: Black / Black Velvet
525 Date Built: 5 / 25 / 1970
E36030 Order Number: E36030
V1X Roof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - Black
A01 Light Package
A33 3.54:1 Dana 60 Track Package
A47 Special Edition Package
C21 Center Seat Foldown Armrest
C55 Bucket Seats
G33 Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
J25 3 Speed Variable Wipers
L31 Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M31 Belt Molding 69-70
N85 Tachometer
R22 AM w/ 8-Track
V68 Delete Stripes
Y09 Built to Export Specifactations
26 26 in. Radiator
END End of Codes

I'm not sure how rare or un-rare these codes are though !

Mrbelvedere
06-27-2011, 06:13 PM
It's only original once. I would clean it up, fix what needs to be fixed( using only NOS or repop parts) Only repaint the areas that need repainted and enjoy it as a 41 year old survivor car!!

Dodge Don
06-28-2011, 07:03 PM
FIGS, the 1970 Charger Registry site will provide you with all the known production figures by option. If it is 70 Charger related...it is there.

And there is a 70 Charger Registry mesage board as well.
http://1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/

I also have a plum crazy 70 Charger R/T SE 440 Six Pack.....a bunch of vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/70CHARGERREGISTRY?feature=mhee#p/u

Grimlock
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM
FIGS, the 1970 Charger Registry site will provide you with all the known production figures by option. If it is 70 Charger related...it is there.

And there is a 70 Charger Registry mesage board as well.
http://1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/

I also have a plum crazy 70 Charger R/T SE 440 Six Pack.....a bunch of vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/70CHARGERREGISTRY?feature=mhee#p/u

We need to invade Canada already. I want to claim this car as a spoil of war. ;)

Plum59
06-28-2011, 08:45 PM
If i am not mistaken 70 440 4bbl motors had 6 pack short blocks including 6 pack pistons. Check your vibration dampner for the extra weight. Todays premium gas does not work very well in that motor. I had one in an original 70 GTX and i pulled it and ran the car on a later motor and saved the original to go with the car when i sold it

mojo
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
In my misspent youth I had a numbers matching 1970 Charger R/T that was originally Sublime. It was a 440-6 with an auto trans. I will now proceed doing what I always do when I see a thread like this, kick myself in the but for letting it go.

BOSChargerRT
06-29-2011, 04:30 AM
I'm dying for one in my garage.

Jay H
06-29-2011, 02:55 PM
My guess would be 20-25K in it current state.

FIGS
07-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Thank you for the replies. I ordered a fuel tank/straps/sending unit from yearone. I would sell the car for $20k if someone were interested in it. I would make sure that it's in running condition aswell.

drksyd
07-10-2011, 02:42 AM
If I had the funds I'd be all over it lol. Good luck with the sale.

Dreadnought
07-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Me wants the precioussssssss

http://aroomofourown.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/gollum_20100219_aatheory.jpg

Vito
07-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Ill will Hand you my keys to my SRT8 if you hand me the keys to that, straight trade ....

R/T MUSCLE
07-10-2011, 09:15 AM
If you read any of my forums you would see how I am when it comes to my vintage Pontiac GTO, and my current 2010 Dodge Charger R/T. It seems to me that yes you, did have this beautiful Charger in an inclosed area and out of the elements for 32 years, but that is not enough! I know that restoring a car takes a lot of $$$$$, and these days money is somtimes hard to get. My suggestion to you is as follows, Sell,Sell,Selll! This Charger needs tons of tender loving care. It needs to be restored to It's former self. It needs to have other enthusiast enjoy and respect this automotive piece of living history. I rest my case.
Big John NYC

Grimlock
07-10-2011, 01:18 PM
If you read any of my forums you would see how I am when it comes to my vintage Pontiac GTO, and my current 2010 Dodge Charger R/T. It seems to me that, yes you, did have this beautiful Charger in an inclosed area and out of the elements for 32 years, but that is not enough! I know that restoring a car takes a lot of $$$$$, and these days money is somtimes hard to get. My suggestion to you is as follows, Sell,Sell,Selll! This Charger needs tons of tender loving care. It needs to be restored to It's former self. It needs to have other enthusiast enjoy and respect this automotive piece of living history. I rest my case.
Big John NYC

To restore this car to Mopar National standards is going to be expensive. I could see spending $50K easily. If your goal is to have a really nice classic Charger, it would be cheaper to just buy one done. The reason to buy this car would be if you can do most of the work yourself, or if you just want to get one now, since they might become unobtainable in the future if prices skyrocket. Don't get me wrong, this would be an awesome thing to have in the garage, but it isn't going to be cheap to get to concours standards.

You might be able to make a good driver quality car for fairly cheaply though. Maybe $10-15K would make it a nice looker and driver. I just always think of cars like this in terms of what it would take to get it to #1 condition, and this one would cost a TON.

I would love to buy it if it were about $5K, but obviously this is worth more than that. It is just way too big of a project for me at that cost, but I am sure someone will be interested. If you do sell it, let us know what you get for it. :bigthumb:

Vito
07-10-2011, 01:20 PM
yes def let us know what u get for it, im very interested to see....and im sure the others on here are also !!

FIGS
08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Just to update, I listed the car at night last month on ebay with a 7-day auction. I cancelled it the next morning and sold the car to a member on ebay, But not through the auction, for $22k (his offer, I accepted). The car is now on it's way to Canada. From what I understand, He has a few mopars, And restores them.

I also picked up a 72' dart (fully Built/caged but street legal, Not a numbers matching car). I plan to probably just sell that, As I really just want a 70' rr. I've been looking for a really long time for one, But haven't found ''the one'' yet.

Grimlock
08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I think you did well to find someone who wants a project like this in this economy, and the price you got was solid! I would have been really sad to see it go though!

And don't get a '70 Roadrunner! That's the ugly year!!!! Get a '68 or '69!!! I wish I still had mine. (Well I guess the '70 Roadrunner is pretty next to the '70 Super Bee which has among the ugliest front ends EVER.) But hey, if you really like the '70 Roadrunner, then don't listen to me. I am just VERY partial to the '68-'69 styling. It looks much cooler to me. The only advantage of the '70 Roadrunner is that the 440 6-pack is fairly common, and the introduction of the pistol grip.

DunksNDodges
08-14-2011, 10:52 PM
My dad has the same exact same Charger, everything is the same. One of my favorite cars ever built.

R/T MUSCLE
08-15-2011, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=FIGS;2238496]Just to update, I listed the car at night last month on ebay with a 7-day auction. I cancelled it the next morning and sold the car to a member on ebay, But not through the auction, for $22k (his offer, I accepted). The car is now on it's way to Canada. From what I understand, He has a few mopars, And restores them.

I think you did the right thing! Try and stay in contact with the new owner, and maybe he will send you updates on the restoration. I'm sure that we would all like to see the progress of your X Dodge.
Regards Big John

frank1966
01-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Uhh i wish i saw this when he was selling it. I would of paid 27K. Looks like its in very good condition, compared to what dealers are trying to sell today online even for a non numbers matching car they are trying to get 20K and the car is a complete tear down restore!

FIGS
01-17-2014, 06:35 AM
This thread is a bit old now, But anyways.... The owner now, Who purchased the car from me, Keeps me updated about twice every year with new pictures ETC of the car.

The only thing he did to the car were change the wheels, And run new fuel lines I believe. He had the car up and running great within a few hours after it arrived off the transport truck back then.... !!!

Here are a few pictures of the car after the owner washed it, And threw on the other wheels:

He left the 79' PA inspection sticker on it, Which is really cool. (He lives in British Columbia).

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/2012_0315parts0011_zpse59d47ff.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/eklipzgsxkid/media/2012_0315parts0011_zpse59d47ff.jpg.html)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/image007_zps8a10b371.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/eklipzgsxkid/media/image007_zps8a10b371.jpg.html)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/image006_zps197281e2.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/eklipzgsxkid/media/image006_zps197281e2.jpg.html)

Wish I kept the car longer, The cars gone now, As is the money! All I have now are pics of the car. After this car, I got a 70' 440 roadrunner and a 72 plum crazy 340/4spd challenger aswell but again, Both sold and are gone this past year now again.

Stevens12
01-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Wow is about all i have. That was a beautiful car. Its very cool the new owner sends you photos although I think if it was me, it would just make me kick myself in the ass every time I saw the updated photos. haha

So since the Charge and Challenger are gone, what are you driving now?

frank1966
01-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Damn! i want to buy it back and bring it back to the states!

SuperTrooper169
01-17-2014, 09:23 AM
What an unreal car. I can't imagine having it for 32+ years and just letting it go to someone else, but then again I can't keep a car longer than 2 years so... lol. That's awesome that the new owner keeps you up to date on the car. After owning a car that long it's no longer just a car, it's part of the family and I'm sure as you know you have more than a man and machine connection to it. It's nice to know that the guy you sold it to gets that and keeps you in the loop with it's current condition.