Any Members Have Chrysler`s Extended Warranty? [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Any Members Have Chrysler`s Extended Warranty?

StormyR/T
03-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Since my warranty runs out in may iam looking to get the chrysler extended
warranty . Any member have the coverage and have you had any problems
with it? Would like to get some feedback before i sign up!

LikeARock
03-28-2011, 08:27 PM
When I bought my 09 certified used with 26k on it, I bought the extended 80k mile bumper-to-bumper, even tho it's still under factory warranty until 36k. Cost about $1000 I think.

Haven't used it yet, but they said it should work just like the factory warranty, except the extended one has a $100 deductible for each repair.

a14umbra
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I've had them, as well as my in-laws on both of their cars. No regrets.

Ddaddy
03-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Yep. I have the Maxcare 7yr/100k warranty and it has been worth every penny. :)

Gladiator
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
How much is it? I need one in a few months.

PlumCrazyDaytona
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Had one up to three months ago cancelled it, had them in the past never needed it just rolled it over to the next car

a14umbra
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
How much is it? I need one in a few months.

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

Gladiator
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that.

Hemidude23
03-28-2011, 09:11 PM
i have 4 years bumper to bumper MAX CARE unlimited miles total came to 3200.00

CHARGER-08(RT)
03-28-2011, 09:36 PM
I too bought an extended warranty. My car was brand new @ the time. Not really sure if I really needed it but atlrast I'm covered bumper to bumper w/ free oil changes for the term of the loan. Cost me an extra $1500 though :(

digitalJEDI
03-29-2011, 12:10 AM
My 5 year warranty is also up in May and Im also considering purchasing an extended plan, though I haven't heard or seen any of these plans in the canadian dealerships... Anyone have info on the canadian extended warranties?

06charger2010
03-29-2011, 05:01 AM
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

or here:

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

They are cheaper.

Just got the added care 70/70 with $100 ded for $1025.

If your cars under 48 months old you can get a real good price. After that it goes up alot.

a14umbra
03-29-2011, 05:08 AM
I guess it depends on the car, or timing. When I checked, http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ was $185 cheaper. They were the same until I checked my email and saw that I had a coupon code for $185 off. They send the email every time you ask for a quote.

Lesson here: shop around.

StormyR/T
03-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the responses! Iam going to shop around this week as a member suggested.
I wanted to get a policy to cover those 90.00 fees for just hooking up the starscan to your car!But you will need a ZERO deductible policy which makes it much higher!

maans88
03-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I have it 6 years or 120 km

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

khigerd
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I personally wouldn't buy one. Not worth the money. They are just an insurance policy against your car breaking down. Chrysler is not in the business to loose money, so you can be sure they take in more in premium than they pay out for repairs.

If it gives you peace of mind.........then to each his own.

R/t Ran
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all the responses! Iam going to shop around this week as a member suggested.
I wanted to get a policy to cover those 90.00 fees for just hooking up the starscan to your car!But you will need a ZERO deductible policy which makes it much higher!

If you are talking about for pulling up codes the predator will do that for you if you purchase one.

They are worth it for the peace of mind if anything major goes wrong.

BillyBobby
03-29-2011, 05:02 PM
I just purchased the MAXIMUM CARE EXTENDED BUMPER TO BUMPER LIFETIME WARRANTY.
It covers over 5,000+ components on my 2008 Charger R/T R&T for UNLIMITED years and UNLIMITED miles as long as I own the car.

This warranty cost me $2,930.
I put down $300 and I have monthly payments for 24 months with NO interest.
This is the BEST extended bumper to bumper warranty that Chrysler offers.

un4givun2
03-29-2011, 06:47 PM
i have 4 years bumper to bumper MAX CARE unlimited miles total came to 3200.00

I have the exact same thing. Just bought it 3 months ago.

The problem I have now is they won't replace a part unless they know it's bad. My car is in the shop right now and they can't fix it because they don't know what is wrong. All they know is it doesn't run.

StormyR/T
03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
I have the exact same thing. Just bought it 3 months ago.

The problem I have now is they won't replace a part unless they know it's bad. My car is in the shop right now and they can't fix it because they don't know what is wrong. All they know is it doesn't run.

This what iam afraid of! Keep us posted!!

un4givun2
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
This what iam afraid of! Keep us posted!!

They have had the car for over a week and have not replaced a single part. It almost has to be the wiring harness, but they can't prove it. They say they have to send the defective part back to Chrysler and if they say it is OK then Chrysler charges them for the part.

Kittswife
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
I have one! I tend to keep my vehicles a long, long time...and because of that, we always get the best warranty they offer.

We have the Maximum Care Warranty...which covers everything bumper to bumper for the life of the vehicle...5007+ components!

The only things that are not covered are:

-Maintenance services and items used in such services

-Glass, plastic lenses

-Body and paint items, including soft trim

-Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shotes, rotors, drums and belts

-Snow plows, winches, and trailer hitches...LOL hmmmm???

The only thing we pay is a $100.00 deductible with each service call...everything else is covered. Absolutely love having peace of mind and not having to worry if something major goes wrong. :)

I'd highly recommend it if you plan on keeping your vehicles any great length of time!

Ddaddy
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I personally wouldn't buy one. Not worth the money. They are just an insurance policy against your car breaking down. Chrysler is not in the business to loose money, so you can be sure they take in more in premium than they pay out for repairs.
If it gives you peace of mind.........then to each his own.

The profit comes from the fact that most people don't keep the car long enough to make the extended warranty pay off. However, if you keep it for a while past the factory warranty, they do pay.

I have already had more done in repairs on my SRT than the extended warranty cost. The same was true for the Ford extended warranties I bought. By my calculation Ford paid out more than triple the cost of the extended warranties on my '96 F-150 and '96 Bronco combined. Chrysler has lost about $600 on the deal so far (retail cost) and I have 2 1/2 years and 30k miles left to go.

Juan Wohrled
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Fidelity Warranty Services, Regal Protection Plan, 6 year / 60,000 from time of purchase, which I purchased at OEM expiration, Platinum Coverage, $1900, same as OEM 36K coverage with $100 deductible, so I am good until 90K, after that I will call the midnight tree trimming service to steal it (joking).....

Juan Wohrled
03-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Thread jacking here....anyone had any problems with warranty coverage with respect to the MODS they did?

StormyR/T
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Thread jacking here....anyone had any problems with warranty coverage with respect to the MODS they did?

VERY GOOD question!!

BillyBobby
03-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I have not done any mods to my 2008 R/T R&T. The only thing that I am thinking about doing in the future is to put on a very loud Zoomers muffler and catback system on my vehicle once the original factory muffler & catback gets all rusted out from driving in the winter in the snow and salt. Other than that, I don't think that I am going to do any mods to my car.

zoomzoom1
03-30-2011, 10:22 AM
I have the max care on both..Srt had both front struts replaced twice..front swaybar bushings...tranny plug repair...All covered...way more than the cost of the warranty..

un4givun2
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I have not done any mods to my 2008 R/T R&T. The only thing that I am thinking about doing in the future is to put on a very loud Zoomers muffler and catback system on my vehicle once the original factory muffler & catback gets all rusted out from driving in the winter in the snow and salt. Other than that, I don't think that I am going to do any mods to my car.

Your car's body and frame will be rusted out and gone long before the exhaust rusts out. The exhaust is stainless. The body/frame is mild steel.

daimlerguy
03-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Got mine from www.chryslerwarrantys.com too. Cheapest you will ever find, and if you are uncomfortable buying online your local dealer will most likely match their price.
My parents just bought two for their vehicles and our local dealer matched their price.

BillyBobby
03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Got mine from www.chryslerwarrantys.com too. Cheapest you will ever find, and if you are uncomfortable buying online your local dealer will most likely match their price.
My parents just bought two for their vehicles and our local dealer matched their price.

The only bad thing about buying directly from the dealer is that you cannot make monthly payments without interest on the entire $2,930 cost of the Unlimited Miles/Unlimited Years Bumper to Bumper Maximum Care Warranty. The dealer wants the entire $2,930 up front. If you call Chrysler, you will be able to buy the same exact warranty and make 24 monthly payments with 0 interest. I wouldn't recommend buying from a dealer. I bought mine 1 month before my 3 year warranty expired.

DAVE VAN
03-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Where they get you is when you have a lot of small probs at $100 a pop for the deductible. They really add up fast. All of the things that normally wear out aren't covered, such as rotors,brake pads,etc. The best thing to do is put the payment amount in a savings account each month and you will probably be ahead in the long run. My 07 RT also has the lifetime power train warranty. We will see how that works one of these days!

StormyR/T
03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Where they get you is when you have a lot of small probs at $100 a pop for the deductible. They really add up fast. All of the things that normally wear out aren't covered, such as rotors,brake pads,etc. The best thing to do is put the payment amount in a savings account each month and you will probably be ahead in the long run. My 07 RT also has the lifetime power train warranty. We will see how that works one of these days!

Very good suggestion!The bank account is something to think about cause i only drive my car a few times a month. I have 9000 miles in three years so that is why i havent JUMPED on the contract yet! I have lifetime powertrain warranty so i dont know yet.

un4givun2
03-31-2011, 04:32 AM

If only the rest of the world thought like you. Warranties are nothing more than insurance policies and there are no insurance companies going broke.

So why the hell did I shell out $2,500.00 for an extended warranty? Not only was it a waist of money, but I have no car to drive now. Due to Chrysler's policies that a part must actually be defective before they will authorize replacing it, I've been without my SRT for 2 weeks. No one wants to work on it for the fear of having to eat the parts they put on it.

As long as I pay for the parts they have no problem putting several thousand dollars worth of parts and labor into it.

Kittswife
03-31-2011, 05:56 AM
The only bad thing about buying directly from the dealer is that you cannot make monthly payments without interest on the entire $2,930 cost of the Unlimited Miles/Unlimited Years Bumper to Bumper Maximum Care Warranty. The dealer wants the entire $2,930 up front. If you call Chrysler, you will be able to buy the same exact warranty and make 24 monthly payments with 0 interest. I wouldn't recommend buying from a dealer. I bought mine 1 month before my 3 year warranty expired.

That's not true. We bought our Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper from the dealer, paid half up front and paid $200 payments for the next year. Not sure why you're not able to do that as well.

Even with small problems, you're still making out, because even just 2 hours of labor is more than $100.00. I don't see how you feel it doesn't pay to have one. I'll never not have an extended warranty, they always serve us well...but then again, I'm meticulous about maintaining our vehicles too and only want the dealer to work on them.

MCO_Carter
03-31-2011, 06:33 AM
I had it on my '01 Sebring and it saved my bacon...the water pump went out at around 55K miles and that one repair more than off-set the cost of the warranty. I bought it on my Charger as well (5 year, 85,000 mile coverage). I'll buy it on my next vehicle as well.

Car repair nightmares haunt me at night (I had a Grand Prix back in the day that touched my wallet in it's Naughty-Places with the over-abundance of repairs it needed to stay on the road).

06charger2010
03-31-2011, 06:36 AM
If only the rest of the world thought like you. Warranties are nothing more than insurance policies and there are no insurance companies going broke.

So why the hell did I shell out $2,500.00 for an extended warranty? Not only was it a waist of money, but I have no car to drive now. Due to Chrysler's policies that a part must actually be defective before they will authorize replacing it, I've been without my SRT for 2 weeks. No one wants to work on it for the fear of having to eat the parts they put on it.

As long as I pay for the parts they have no problem putting several thousand dollars worth of parts and labor into it.

Is it a Chrysler factory extended warranty you have or an off brand?

Gladiator
03-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the info that you can make payments on these. Good to know.

I had it on my '01 Sebring and it saved my bacon...the water pump went out at around 55K miles and that one repair more than off-set the cost of the warranty. I bought it on my Charger as well (5 year, 85,000 mile coverage). I'll buy it on my next vehicle as well.

Car repair nightmares haunt me at night (I had a Grand Prix back in the day that touched my wallet in it's Naughty-Places with the over-abundance of repairs it needed to stay on the road).

Naughty places. :rofl:

daimlerguy
03-31-2011, 03:53 PM
I bought one from www.chryslerfactoryplans.com and am glad I did. I had some elecrtical problems earlier this year at 27k that would have cost $1700 if I didn't have the extended warranty. I paid less than $1100 for 7/70 bumber to bumper.
I'm already ahead and have 3 years to go!

BillyBobby
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Very good suggestion!The bank account is something to think about cause i only drive my car a few times a month. I have 9000 miles in three years so that is why i havent JUMPED on the contract yet! I have lifetime powertrain warranty so i dont know yet.

I have low miles on my R/T R&T too (14,236 original miles), but I purchased the Chrysler Lifetime Bumper to Bumper Maximum Care Warranty to have a peace of mind. Once your vehicle passes 3 Years/36,000 miles forget it! If anything goes wrong with it that's not related to engine or powertrain you are screwed. If any of the many computer modules, sensors, switches, suspension parts, ect. goes, you are looking at many hundreds and possibly a thousand dollars just for only 1 of these repairs. You are doing yourself a disservice by not having the Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty. It's definitely worth it!

BillyBobby
03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
That's not true. We bought our Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper from the dealer, paid half up front and paid $200 payments for the next year. Not sure why you're not able to do that as well.

The dealers up here in my area want ALL the money up front for the Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper Lifetime Warranty. They are unwilling to allow anyone to put a $300 to $500 down payment on it and then pay monthly for 24 months (2 years). The dealers do NOT want to be held responsible for the financing of the warranty. The ONLY time that the dealer will do payments is ONLY if you incorporate the total cost of the Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper Lifetime Warranty into the auto loan ONLY at the time when you purchase the vehicle brand new. This would be an unwise thing to do because you would be paying "usury" interest to the bank/auto finance company if you added the cost of the warranty to your auto loan. That's a very dumb thing to do. If you purchase the Lifetime Warranty directly from Chrysler, you will not be charged any interest, there will be only a small downpayment and you will be billed for 24 consecutive months with ZERO (0) interest. You are better off doing what I did. I waited until about 2 months before the 3rd year anniversary of the date that I purchased my vehicle and that's when I purchased the warranty. I went directly thru Chrysler Corporation in Detroit, Michigan and I didn't have any problems. That's what you need to do too.

06charger2010
03-31-2011, 06:09 PM
The dealers up here in my area want ALL the money up front for the Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper Lifetime Warranty. They are unwilling to allow anyone to put a $300 to $500 down payment on it and then pay monthly for 24 months (2 years). The dealers do NOT want to be held responsible for the financing of the warranty. The ONLY time that the dealer will do payments is ONLY if you incorporate the total cost of the Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper Lifetime Warranty into the auto loan ONLY at the time when you purchase the vehicle brand new. This would be an unwise thing to do because you would be paying "usury" interest to the bank/auto finance company if you added the cost of the warranty to your auto loan. That's a very dumb thing to do. If you purchase the Lifetime Warranty directly from Chrysler, you will not be charged any interest, there will be only a small downpayment and you will be billed for 24 consecutive months with ZERO (0) interest. You are better off doing what I did. I waited until about 2 months before the 3rd year anniversary of the date that I purchased my vehicle and that's when I purchased the warranty. I went directly thru Chrysler Corporation in Detroit, Michigan and I didn't have any problems. That's what you need to do too.

Just curious, how much was it through Chrysler and not one of the two online dealers mentioned earlier?

The quote I got through Chrysler directly was twice what I paid at http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/. I got 0% interest from them also but they charged a $90 fee for processing so it came out to about 8% for 12 months, still pretty good. 24 Months interest free sounds good but when they are charging you double what these two online places charge it don't sound so good.

I had to get it through Zeigler(http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) cause the other one only goes back to 2007 for new cars.

Mine IS an 06 but had an in service date of 8/2007 so I was under the 48 months since new.

Also you don't have to get it before your 3/36 runs out. Up until it hits 48 months it is still eligible for the discounted warranty. Mine was only a $45 differance between getting before the 3/36 ran out or after but still below the 48 month threshold.

I would check all three places to make sure you are getting the best price if you want to stretch it out in payments.

un4givun2
04-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Is it a Chrysler factory extended warranty you have or an off brand?

It is Chrysler UNLIMITED mileage, bumper to bumper. Both the Stealership and Chrysler Customer Care told me the same thing. Any part the dealership replaces has to be proven defective. If they have any doubt that the part they think is bad is really bad they won't replace it. If they did and Chrysler says the part is OK the dealer has to eat it.

BillyBobby
04-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Just curious, how much was it through Chrysler and not one of the two online dealers mentioned earlier?

The quote I got through Chrysler directly was twice what I paid at http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/. I got 0% interest from them also but they charged a $90 fee for processing so it came out to about 8% for 12 months, still pretty good. 24 Months interest free sounds good but when they are charging you double what these two online places charge it don't sound so good.

I had to get it through Zeigler(http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) cause the other one only goes back to 2007 for new cars.

Mine IS an 06 but had an in service date of 8/2007 so I was under the 48 months since new.

Also you don't have to get it before your 3/36 runs out. Up until it hits 48 months it is still eligible for the discounted warranty. Mine was only a $45 differance between getting before the 3/36 ran out or after but still below the 48 month threshold.

I would check all three places to make sure you are getting the best price if you want to stretch it out in payments.

I paid $300 down payment & I'm currently paying $109.53 per month for 24 months without any interest.

Kittswife
04-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear it's been so hard for you guys with the warranty stuff...it's worked out very well for us...we've had a few things replaced so far, I'll have to go through my repair folder and see what all has been done so far...no troubles to speak of...yet. Of course, nothing major has gone wrong, I guess we shall see what happens then...:rolleyes2: