Lady backing up right into my front wing… [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Lady backing up right into my front wing…

TopBanana#3892
12-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Well as the title states, some silly lady backed up into my car while I was parked…!!! She drove a Volkswagen Tiguan equipped with a backup camera and rear parking sensors! :clap:
Some people just can't drive, and she didn't go slowly as the pictures show. Well, must be the "Christmas stress"… :no:
At least she went to the Police to declare the accident and then they phoned me. She was crying when she came to the car saying that it was the second time in this month she had an accident! At first I was a bit aggressive with her, but then I said to myself that at least she didn't drive away without declaring it!
My problem now is, because I live in Europe, that I have to get all the replacement parts from the US (because we have no official Dodge dealerships in Europe…) and that can take a while. I have to get a new front fender and left front wing and a new side marker. I just hope my steering survived the shock…
I'm already hearing some of you guys: "Get yourself a Danko grille… " Well, I'll see, because I like to keep things stock from the exterior.

Ok, enough text, here are the pics:

maans88
12-23-2010, 08:12 AM
the biggest damage is to the front fascia, which can prolly be fixed

TopBanana#3892
12-23-2010, 08:20 AM
You think that fornt fascia can be fixed? Because it's broken right through.

maans88
12-23-2010, 09:00 AM
o yeah my cousin has a grand cherokee and it had way more damage to the rear fascia and they fixed it and u cant even tell its there, u just gotta take it to the right person,

keviiinn
12-23-2010, 09:16 AM
the only thing I would say to the woman is how in the holy hell she backed up into you so hard with a backup camera and sensors

Texas Crew'd
12-23-2010, 09:39 AM
The first thing I'd do is thank the lady for doing the right thing. I was sitting in our Maggie a few years back and watched a lady do the same thing that happened to you, I had to pull her out of her car to make her acknowledge that she just backed in my car. Back up sensors are worthless, people depend on them and this is what happens instead of learing to back correctly. We have them om the Durango and an F350 and all they do is beep with a hitch on.

I wouldn't mess with repaing the facia, order a factory new one. I looked at aftermarkets when I smacked a deer. The oems are thicker and a better fit. The crease on the fender line will probably prevent a dentless repair. A good body and paint man will blend it and it will look better than new. Make sure there is no other damage inside below the skin.

A grip would look good on that naner though...just a thought.
Garry

BlueBomba
12-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Man, That SUCKS!!! I hope you are able to get your Charger back to 100% ASAP...

Good luck!!!

un4givun2
12-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Man that sucks! Hope they do you right on the repairs. Insist on new OEM parts!!

I still can't figure out how the hell the insurance companies come up with statistics showing that women are safer drivers. Our office of 20 has 5 women and all 5 have had wrecks THIS YEAR. One girl has a new Ford Explorer and it's been in the body shop twice already!! That's only because she got tired of returning it. She has the rear bumper cover smashed and torn as I speak. That's three wrecks since July!! Yet she pays less for insurance than I do because she doesn't have any speeding tickets.

What's worse than them wrecking their little Toyota Corrolas is them destroying their husbands rides. The 15 guys in our office all have nice rides ranging from Charger R/T's, Magnum R/T's, G37's, Honda Pilots, F150 Harley Davidson, Mercedes 55CLK AMG, etc....They all have body damage from their wife hitting their car while trying to park in their own freaking drive way!! The poor guy with the Harley F150 only drives the truck on fair weather days (about 4000 miles per year) and that thing has at least $3,000.00 of body damage from where his wife has taken it to the grociery store or hit it with her car in their own driveway. My wife knows better than to even ask.

The only reason women get a better rap on insurance is because us guys say "AWWW that's OK, it's just a scratch" and we don't report it or we use our comprehensive to fix the damage.... B.S.!!

USRWDV8
12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Back up sensors are worthless, people depend on them and this is what happens instead of learing to back correctly. We have them om the Durango and an F350 and all they do is beep with a hitch on.
Bingo! An older gentleman backed into my previous car (not my Charger, thank God) while I had pedestrians around me and couldn't move (parking lot). Saw his backup lights come on in my mirror, went "here we go...", and laid on the horn as he started moving, but only the impact stopped him. After "I'm sorry", the words out of his mouth were, "but I had my beepers on!", as though they were going to magically clear the area behind his F-150 so he wouldn't have to turn his old neck. Good thing I wasn't a baby in a stroller. :icon_mad:
I still can't figure out how the hell the insurance companies come up with statistics showing that women are safer drivers.
We are more skilled but more aggressive. They scratch the cars - we wreck them (especially young males). Insurance companies are motivated by greed, not political correctness, and they know what they're doing: they'd rather pay for bodywork than injuries.
In racing, they say that men win races, while women finish them - same principle. You can't win without cojones, but those will also put you in the wall (or make you blow the engine) more often than not, unfortunately.

Sorry about your Charger, TopBanana#3892, you'd think that other drivers would notice a two-ton yellow beaut' like that, especially overseas, but... :rolleyes2:

Alfisto
12-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Dude. Sorry to hear about her accident. How someone can not see a 2000kg car painted bright yellow, I'll never know.

Must be CRIS (Cranial-Rectal Inversion Syndrome)

un4givun2
12-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Bingo! An older gentleman backed into my previous car (not my Charger, thank God) while I had pedestrians around me and couldn't move (parking lot). Saw his backup lights come on in my mirror, went "here we go...", and laid on the horn as he started moving, but only the impact stopped him. After "I'm sorry", the words out of his mouth were, "but I had my beepers on!", as though they were going to magically clear the area behind his F-150 so he wouldn't have to turn his old neck. Good thing I wasn't a baby in a stroller. :icon_mad:

We are more skilled but more aggressive. They scratch the cars - we wreck them (especially young males). Insurance companies are motivated by greed, not political correctness, and they know what they're doing: they'd rather pay for bodywork than injuries.
In racing, they say that men win races, while women finish them - same principle. You can't win without cojones, but those will also put you in the wall (or make you blow the engine) more often than not, unfortunately.

Sorry about your Charger, TopBanana#3892, you'd think that other drivers would notice a two-ton yellow beaut' like that, especially overseas, but... :rolleyes2:

We could debate this topic till the cows come home.....I'm a die hard NASCAR fan and I would love nothing more than to see a Female Hot Shot come in and steal Jimmy Johnson's, Kyle Bush, or Denny Hamlin's thunder. They have been trying to find such a women for the last 15 years.

When I ask the women I know how often they use their mirrors most of them say almost NEVER!! They are too scared to take their eyes off the car in front of them to see anything else that's going on around them.

I'm sure that where there isn't much traffic (out in the country) and the roads/interstates are laid out to promote the fewest lane changes the women would probably come out on top as the best/safest drivers. Here in Memphis nearly every wreck involves a women. The interstate layout here involves multiple lane changes and merges just to drive 5 miles.Unfortunately, it was a man that laid out the interstate system in Memphis. Back then, there were hardly any women drivers and the on ramps were laid out for people that could drive....MEN!!! Some exits and on ramps are on the left which makes it even worse. Almost all of them are very short clover leafs that require a lot of driving skill to get up to speed and merge without impeding the flow of traffic. Where are the cops when you need them? They never write a ticket for these people impeding the flow of traffic! Especially the non-drivers that want to merge onto a 70mph interstate doing 30mph.

USRWDV8
12-24-2010, 11:32 AM
We could debate this topic till the cows come home...[...] They never write a ticket for these people impeding the flow of traffic! Especially the non-drivers that want to merge onto a 70mph interstate doing 30mph.
Yeah, I know, it's actually hard to generalize, whether talking about gender differences of anything else. I'll still try:
I've seen women act like real jerks empowered by being behind the wheel of SUVs, and others apply make-up or eat cereals out of a bowl in their lap in traffic. They do like to brag about their multi-tasking abilities, after all. ;) What they don't see is that men have a "do one thing - do it well", tunnel vision, predatory bent, and this is what wins races and helps you take risks.
Unfortunately, some risks don't pay... :D
And when your eyes are locked on the "vanishing point", you can't worry about the "little things" around you. There's a definite focus differential between genders.

Police instructors will probably confirm that females make better decisions on the fly when going through green/red lights in emergency driving courses (EVOC). They don't have the same level of commitment to their initial decisions that testosterone gives men. We don't "waver" much, and this is what causes us to break more things, mechanically or otherwise... But we're wired to win fights, after all.

Insurance companies look at all the research available before devising rates.

I agree with you completely on those timid drivers that end up causing dangerous situations, of course: merging is not for... sissies. :D