Question on How to properly fit 26" rims on a Charger [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Question on How to properly fit 26" rims on a Charger

tblock
08-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello all - I have a 2010 Charger R/T with factory 20" chrome rims, the Road and Track Pkg, and Super Track Pkg. My question is how to properly install 26" rims to avoid rubbing on suspension components, wheel wells, fender lips, brake components, etc. I understand there are replacement parts for the front suspension to avoid making contact with the infamous "bolt" up top. Anyone with positive thoughts and experience on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Maibockaddict
08-26-2010, 02:00 PM
U do realize that it may look good, but you will kill your gas mileage and performance, as well as make your ride rather bumpy by doing that.

tblock
08-26-2010, 02:05 PM
It's only gonna be for a few months per year considering I'm in Michigan and I have a Diablo Sport Tuner to make adjustments for gas mileage, speedometer, performance, etc. I didn't buy this car for a smooth ride but thanks for the input.

08BlackTrackRT
08-26-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this, but putting a 26in wheel on a Charger one is a feat. But im pretty sure due to the "upgrade" of the Road and Track Suspension you are probably going to have to look at doing quite the adjustment to your suspension "new shocks/struts/springs"...good luck post pics if you figure it out..

RAWphenom
08-27-2010, 10:43 AM
i don't know how to do it, but you shouldn't... you have a hemi, it's a waste... do it to a 3.5 or a 2.7

tblock
08-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I apologize if I was unclear at all in my request for assistance here. I'm ONLY looking for positive input or direction on how this may work.

Sublimeon22s
08-27-2010, 12:18 PM
extended spindles in the front............big boi customs makes them and I think there is another company........or you can have yours cut in half, and a segment welded in the middle....there is a member Breeves20 on here with 26s on his that went that route I believe.............as far as the rear goes, I think its just two twist in "knuckles" per coil

And like the OP clearly said in the first post, he wants POSITIVE feedback or real suggestions...........not telling him what he should and shouldnt do, or that YOU think its gonna look bad........dont make us start telling you again how 20s are pathetic on these cars and tiny as hell! :)

RAWphenom
08-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I apologize if I was unclear at all in my request for assistance here. I'm ONLY looking for positive input or direction on how this may work.

i apologize then... i completely skipped over the 'positive input' part in the first post (just went back and realized how dumb i am haha) or i would have just went on my way without voicing my input

Gladiator
08-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Rawphenom you can delete you own posts with the delete button. The guy asked for help not input on appearance. Sublime you're almost as bad as the dudes who are always knocking big rims because you knock what they have. Saying big rims is some people's taste and back off is fine. Starting a fight isn't. There is a difference.

tblock you're going to probably have tie rod issues but as there are many knowledgeable people here with 22s and 24s I'm sure they'll give you details.

Gladiator
08-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm also going to edit your thread title as this sounds like a how to instead of a request for help. Good luck with your ride.

InvictuSRT8
08-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this, but putting a 26in wheel on a Charger one is a feat. But im pretty sure due to the "upgrade" of the Road and Track Suspension you are probably going to have to look at doing quite the adjustment to your suspension "new shocks/struts/springs"...good luck post pics if you figure it out..

x2 with this, although you're not doing it all 12 months of the year to get the rims to fit you may have to have some more permanent modifications to get em on there (they may or may not work with other rim sizes). I don't have too much experience with the suspension stuff but maybe you could bag it or use hydrolics of some sort so you could go back and forth from a 26 setup and back to your 20s

i don't know how to do it, but you shouldn't... you have a hemi, it's a waste... do it to a 3.5 or a 2.7
hell, you NEED the hemi to push 6's lol, we have a guy with a 2.7 on 24's and it barely moves

Sublimeon22s
08-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Sublime you're almost as bad as the dudes who are always knocking big rims because you knock what they have. Saying big rims is some people's taste and back off is fine. Starting a fight isn't. There is a difference.

Your absolutely right.........there is a difference.........the difference is, im never going into 20" threads and bringing up negative things out of no where like a lot of people do on this site.....any comments i make is after the automotive lifestyle I chose is attached first......I had a purpouse in this thread, others didnt.........now who started "the" fight? I dont see a fight anywhere, and if there was it wasnt started by me

Gladiator
08-27-2010, 05:06 PM
You're 100% right. You don't and you didn't start this fight. I said the other guy was wrong for bringing in the unnecessary hate. We have both seen the big wheel threads get ugly for whatever stupid reason. What I said is that saying that 26s are fine is a valid statement. Where you wandered into the same territory as the guy who started this is when you bashed 20s. If you were joking it was lost in the context of the thread. If you weren't joking then you were as wrong as the first guy. It's not a big deal. Threads with weird arguments over taste bug the hell out of me. I'd never drive a white car but I don't go around hating them and the guy who came in here hating was out of line. Arguing back with haters on the internet just leads to a thread where people fight and this guy doesn't get the good answers he deserves.

Gladiator
08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
And about there not being a fight, the one guy said something another guy posted a dumb picture and you said something back. Maybe from your side of the keyboard you were laughing about the whole stupid thing but take a step back from an outsider's perspective. I see three swings essentially. Call it a fight or not I don't care but it wasn't helping this guy out. I think we are basically on the same side of this what I'm asking is that you stop at telling these guys to leave the op alone and not have any level of retaliation. Cleaning up threads five pages later when people have gotten angry is a PITA.

Sublimeon22s
08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
^^^^Understandable :)

SSRUNNIN
08-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Just extend your front spindles 3" and put so booster blocks from autozone for $10. I ran a 275/25/28 tire with no problems