Any other V6ers tempted by the 2011 V6 Mustang? [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Any other V6ers tempted by the 2011 V6 Mustang?

Davejb
05-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I have to admit I've been taking a good look at it, don't know if I could bring myself to trade in my Charger, but I may have to at least go take a test drive :)

06-3.5L DCharger
05-18-2010, 04:52 PM
305HP - got extra kick than Charger V6

Davejb
05-18-2010, 04:57 PM
305HP - got extra kick than Charger V6

That it does, 55 more HP than the 3.5L, 30 more lb-ft of torque, couple hundred pounds lighter.

dejuan7
05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Im not tempted by anything else v6 its bad enough i settled for the v6 charger. Ima sound guy i rather have a powerful car that sounds powerful vs. a 600whp car that still sounds like a fart cannon IMO.

alegav
05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Or stay loyal and trade up for a V8 :)

GRISTLE
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree with dejuan abouth the v6, my next vehicle would be something along the lines of an srt challenger .....

dejuan7
05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree with dejuan abouth the v6, my next vehicle would be something along the lines of an srt challenger .....

x2...or vette maybe the 5.0 mustang. With all chryslers financial problems i dont know.

Davejb
05-18-2010, 05:21 PM

Not even considering that, for the reason that's in your sig, my city mileage is almost 10 above your average, highway mileage is twice better, not to mention higher insurance. I have been a loyal Dodge fan since around 1985, they've got their monies worth out of me :)

alegav
05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Not even considering that, for the reason that's in your sig, my city mileage is almost 10 above your average, highway mileage is twice better, not to mention higher insurance.

And you actual think that the new Mustang is going to get anywhere near 31 MPG? You cant base your decision off my average MPG. There are plenty of other people with R/T's and SRT's that get better gas mileage then the guys with V6's. So you're saying you get 30MPG's on the highway?

Davejb
05-18-2010, 05:31 PM
And you actual think that the new Mustang is going to get anywhere near 31 MPG? You cant base your decision off my average MPG. There are plenty of other people with R/T's and SRT's that get better gas mileage then the guys with V6's.

I believe it's 19/31. And I'm not basing my decision on anything to do with your mileage, this thread really has nothing to do with the V8, it is discussing V6's, that's why it's in the V6 section. The question was for V6 owners and their thoughts on the V6 Mustang, not whether or not they'd change to a V8 Charger.

alegav
05-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I believe it's 19/31. And I'm not basing my decision on anything to do with your mileage, this thread really has nothing to do with the V8, it is discussing V6's, that's why it's in the V6 section. The question was for V6 owners and their thoughts on the V6 Mustang, not whether or not they'd change to a V8 Charger.

Again that's what they "claim" You're very naive if that's what you think.

To stay on topic. I am glad that Ford and Chevy have some powerful V6's maybe this will get Chrysler in gear to up there V6's and other models :)

Davejb
05-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Again that's what they "claim" You're very naive if that's what you think.

To stay on topic. I am glad that Ford and Chevy have some powerful V6's maybe this will get Chrysler in gear to up there V6's and other models :)

Dodge "claims" that my 07 3.5 gets 19/27, I get 23/30, the mileage one gets will obviously vary, please keep your snide comments to yourself or find another thread to occupy your time. I've been driving longer than you've been alive, so spare me your "imformed" opinion.

Gladiator
05-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Cool it guys. Don't go after each other over something dumb like gas mileage and v6 vs v8. I see where Alegav is coming from. You made a thread asking if guys would move to a higher powered ford v6. Alegav asked about staying with chrysler and getting a v8, also a higher horse powered vehicle. The v6 forum is a topical subsection, not a members only I have a v6 so stay out kind of deal. Alegav did you really need to call the guy naive? You didn't need to get personal. As stated this argument is dumb.

durty_red23
05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Not thinking about the pony at all, 6 or eight, when I get my money right I am walking right up to the chevy dealer and getting nothing less than the camaro ss. Just love the way the car looks

alegav
05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
My bad, i just needed to use a new word today and that was the word i chose. All good Davejb

Sorry Gladiator

Gladiator
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Haha. Don't apologize to me.

Gladiator
05-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Not thinking about the pony at all, 6 or eight, when I get my money right I am walking right up to the chevy dealer and getting nothing less than the camaro ss. Just love the way the car looks

The car's looks have definitely grown on me since it was released but I hear it's extremely cramped inside even when compared to a mustang.

Davejb
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM

There's just something about the Camaro's styling I don't like, can't quite put my finger on it.

Davejb
05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Cool it guys. Don't go after each other over something dumb like gas mileage and v6 vs v8. I see where Alegav is coming from. You made a thread asking if guys would move to a higher powered ford v6. Alegav asked about staying with chrysler and getting a v8, also a higher horse powered vehicle. The v6 forum is a topical subsection, not a members only I have a v6 so stay out kind of deal. Alegav did you really need to call the guy naive? You didn't need to get personal. As stated this argument is dumb.

I thought that between the thread subject and question that it was obvious that I was looking for responses from V6 owners, if it was not obvious then my apologies, hopefully it's obvious now.

Gladiator
05-18-2010, 06:49 PM
I hear you but the whole concept of a forum stemming back into the Roman concept of a forum as the center of a city was a place to purchase goods and discuss topics with your neighbors in a civil if not lively fashion. Everyone was invited to the forum. Same deal kind of goes here. Everyone can participate until they get too rowdy and the legionaries, I mean super mods, need to drag them away.

Davejb
05-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I hear you but the whole concept of a forum stemming back into the Roman concept of a forum as the center of a city was a place to purchase goods and discuss topics with your neighbors in a civil if not lively fashion. Everyone was invited to the forum. Same deal kind of goes here. Everyone can participate until they get too rowdy and the legionaries, I mean super mods, need to drag them away.

Agreed, and I expect comments from those not specifically targeted by my question, but I don't put up with condescending jerks, either out here in the real world, or any of the many forums I frequent.

Now, lets get back to the topic at hand :)

mrnbooc
05-18-2010, 07:27 PM
For me.......No. I will stick with the Charger

durty_red23
05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
The car's looks have definitely grown on me since it was released but I hear it's extremely cramped inside even when compared to a mustang.

I am sure it is small when compared to our cars, but man oh man its something about that car that just calls my name day after day! I am 6'1 and I weight 220. I have sat in one and it held me just right, like a sport car should. If I were a little heavier I am sure I would have complactions getting in and ou of the "cok pit" :bigthumb:

durty_red23
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
There's just something about the Camaro's styling I don't like, can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh man come on look at the lines on that camaro. To each his own though. :bigthumb:

Ron380
05-18-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd would wait and see how the aftermarket companies respond to the new V6's, for both the Camaro and the Mustang. If I can't get the mods for them that I have for my Charger now, fuggetaboutit! ;)

Also- I'm reasonably certain there will NEVER be an AWD Camaro OR Mustang! :icon_aetsch:

Vito
05-18-2010, 08:37 PM

My thoughts exactly. my next car will be a v8. i wont be trading in my car for another frigain v6 with 50 more horses give or take....just isnt worth it to me

xm8
05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
The new Mustang in base or GT trim is impressive indeed. The base Mustang will be close in performance to any Chrysler 5.7 vehicle - it goes without saying that Chrysler needs to step it up and they're already late to the party. Unfortunately the Mustang seems to be missing 2 doors ...

durty_red23
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
My thoughts exactly. my next car will be a v8. i wont be trading in my car for another frigain v6 with 50 more horses give or take....just isnt worth it to me

x2:bigthumb:
Which is why I said camaro ss. I do not want another performance car in the v6 catergory. Some guys on here say the charger is not a sports car, but it is. The next "performance" car I get will be a v8.

Energize
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
yup thought the same thing but i was thinking about the new 5.0 because i really wanna switch to a manual transmission

Samoan Tsunami
05-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I have to admit I've been taking a good look at it, don't know if I could bring myself to trade in my Charger, but I may have to at least go take a test drive :)

personally i'm already sold on it. i dig my car now, and will keep it, but after the first year comes out, thats my next endeavor...

31mpg on AVG?!?! the range of that is 26 on the least and up to 37 mpg if you read the fine print.... who needs a 40mpg hybrid when you have 300+ HP on tap, up to 37 mpg, and ready to go mods with companies that dont corner the market and jack up the prices due to no competition.

v8....not really for me or needed in my view. unless you are trying to set some dyno records, or a flat out racecar, 300 HP is enough to realistically do pretty much anything a v8 can do "fun wise"...

not to mention mods and tuning can easily send a 300HP car to 330-350 bhp...

at that point, with an ESP/traction-stability on OFF what is there that you CANT do?

drift = check
burnout = check
donuts = check

i can do those now with my v6 (and almost got in trouble last week in philly for it ;) ) ....

so for me, dont really see the need for a v8.

camaro is nice, but that was a tight fit, especially the sunroof model. no head room.

dejuan7
05-19-2010, 09:19 AM
300 HP is only fun to me if the torque is equal or above

GaresTaylan
05-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I have thought about selling mine and getting a Challenger RT multiple times... But I know I won't. This is the first car I've nodded this heavily and I've put so much personal time and hard earned money into it, I would never get what I would want for it (especially with such a low resale value). I don't see myself selling a V6 for another V6.

CHARGERTREV
05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
If I trade in a V6 it wouldnt be for another V6....

Now the new 5.0s, yea very tempted.

hskr
05-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Won't see me in a Ford product ever again. Had a couple bad experiences in the past. Also, if I'm going to buy a 2-door V6, it will be a Chally, or if I want some real performance, I'll find a good condition Stealth R/T TT. AWD and All wheel steering, let's see the V6 stang hang with that in the handling department.

Grieve
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I see the v6 charger as a family car; it is not anywhere near sporty..... The V8 has some HP but frankly still isn’t fast. (I have a 09 SXT, a 4 door sedan).

A Mustang in my opinion is more a "sports" car, coupe and should never be bought in a v6 flavor.... a v6 sports coupe is silly or even retarded. Same as the new Camaro's... V6?! Come on! Even the Challenger, V6 come on! These are two door coupes which should come in 1 model, fast as ****! (V8+)

My 3.5L is a family car, is faster then maybe 30% of the cars on the road. The 3.5L doesn’t compete with anything.... In fact the 3.5L v6 is underpowered compared to many other V6 vehicles (Ford, Chev, even Pontiac) when considering HP vs. Weight.

I think when buying a car there is people who buy practical and within a budget and then there is people who can afford a "toy"... Like a Vett. I think the RT and SRT-8 Chargers are practical if you can afford them as they can do everything you want in a car. I feel a Vett (as much as i would love one) is totally impractical.

To sum it up:
A “sports” coupe should only be built in V8+ every other one I laugh @ the owner for buying the “crap one”.
I feel a charger, being a 4door sedan can have a 2.7L or 3.5L and get away with it as they are family cars.
If you buy a sports coupe…. There is only 1 model, the V8+

hskr
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM
personally i'm already sold on it. i dig my car now, and will keep it, but after the first year comes out, thats my next endeavor...

31mpg on AVG?!?! the range of that is 26 on the least and up to 37 mpg if you read the fine print.... who needs a 40mpg hybrid when you have 300+ HP on tap, up to 37 mpg, and ready to go mods with companies that dont corner the market and jack up the prices due to no competition.

Read the fine print as in, those MPG numbers were obtained in a lab under ideal controlled conditions using the most efficient techniques and not starting the tests until the car is up to speed?? It's rated by the EPA at 19 city and 31 highway. 90% of owners will do good to ever hit that 31mpg number. You will have those few who do everything possible to tweak out the most mog that can meet, or exceed, the rated 31mpg, but they will be few and far between. 37mpgI think will only be had by those who do everything possible to get the most mpg, including coasting up to a traffic light from over 1/2 mile away, never exceeding 3K RPM if that high, never driving over 60mph. You know the people that piss everyone else off on the road because it takes them 3 miles to get up to the speed limit if they ever get up to the posted speed.

hskr
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I see the v6 charger as a family car; it is not anywhere near sporty..... The V8 has some HP but frankly still isn’t fast. (I have a 09 SXT, a 4 door sedan).

A Mustang in my opinion is more a "sports" car, coupe and should never be bought in a v6 flavor.... a v6 sports coupe is silly or even retarded. Same as the new Camaro's... V6?! Come on! Even the Challenger, V6 come on! These are two door coupes which should come in 1 model, fast as ****! (V8+)

I agree that the Charger, especially the V6 ones, like mine, are not "sports cars" and anyone who conciders a V6 Charger sporty is just trying to make themselves feel better about thier purchase. I have modified mine for more power and taken it to the track, but it's primarily a family sedan.

As for the mustang, I don't concider it a "sports" car either because you see more V6 Mustangs on the road than V8s. And like you, if you are going to market it as a sports car, the V8 should be the only option people choose if they want one. But to say that all 2-door V6 cars are not sports cars is wrong IMO. What about the SRT6? Or the car I previously Mentioned, the twin turbo Stealth or 3000gt?? Then you have all the stock turbo 4cyl cars that can easily beat any Charger R/T stock for stock and have a larger aftermarket to boot.

CHARGERTREV
05-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Its a 2 door 6cyl......and will beat ANY car on this site so the "all 2 doors need to be V8s or there slow" isnt always true

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/trevloveskayla/DSCN4547.jpg

chad spender
05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
wouldn't mind finding something with a V8 next, I've always liked corvettes, but a Charger or 300C with a V8 would be nice too. I love my v6 charger but never been much of a Ford fan, except for the terminator style mustang cobras.

Gladiator
05-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Its a 2 door 6cyl......and will beat ANY car on this site so the "all 2 doors need to be V8s or there slow" isnt always true

Any? I'm sure it's a fast ride and if you're saying that, it would blow the doors off of most rides on the street and here but what kind of times is it putting down? Not saying you're wrong I'm just curious what your friend is getting at the track.

Samoan Tsunami
05-19-2010, 11:11 AM
300 HP is only fun to me if the torque is equal or above

2011 Mustang V-6

3rd gear (1.67:1)
Horsepower: 268.06 hp @ 6700 rpm
Torque: 249.95 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

4th gear (1.24:1)
Horsepower: 267.11 hp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 259.90 lb-ft @ 4100 rpm

2011 Mustang V-6 (3rd gear pull, 15% powertrain loss)
Claimed horsepower: 305 hp @ 6500 rpm
Claimed torque: 280 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm
Actual horsepower: 308 hp @ 6700 rpm
Actual torque: 287 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/auto-news/mustang-power-we-dyno-the-2011-ford-mustang-50-v-8-and-37-v-6/index.html#ixzz0oOYI5P4P

thats good enough for me.... the numbers put out are basically what some of the 5.7L v8's put out in dyno sheets that have been posted. granted i know each dyno is different. its still in the general stock range of a 5.7L v8.

My 3.5L is a family car, is faster then maybe 30% of the cars on the road. The 3.5L doesn’t compete with anything.... In fact the 3.5L v6 is underpowered compared to many other V6 vehicles (Ford, Chev, even Pontiac) when considering HP vs. Weight.

I think when buying a car there is people who buy practical and within a budget and then there is people who can afford a "toy"... Like a Vett. I think the RT and SRT-8 Chargers are practical if you can afford them as they can do everything you want in a car. I feel a Vett (as much as i would love one) is totally impractical.

To sum it up:
A “sports” coupe should only be built in V8+ every other one I laugh @ the owner for buying the “crap one”.
I feel a charger, being a 4door sedan can have a 2.7L or 3.5L and get away with it as they are family cars.
If you buy a sports coupe…. There is only 1 model, the V8+

eh... not so sure i agree with much of that.

while its your OPINION, which i can sincerely respect... many of the sports cars around the world are not V8's. for that matter, many racecars arent either.

ChargerTrev posted the pic of the supra below. kinda shows the exception to the loose fitting "rule" these days ;)

v8's became popular because that was really the only way to make power back in the day. technology kinda evens that playing field. case in point with the new v6's in the mustang.

for a car with 40 less HP at the crank, (340 HP is what the v8's from R/T's 06-07 were rated at) and its putting down similar numbers to what those same R/T's were kicking out...

a car is only WHAT you make of it. if you want it to be a family car...by all means, thats fine.

-Mopar and Samuel Hubinette turned it into a drift car.
-HHP and a guy from baltimore turned a Magnum into an 11 second street car
-Matt Robertson turned his into a track car that runs laguna seca in times faster than cars that cost 2-3 times the price.
-Modern Muscle turned a v6 "family car" into a 320rwhp "have fun with it" car...

you car is no different than people at the gym.... some come in to lose weight, some come in to be aerobics stars, some come in to be bodybuilders, some come in for VARIOUS sports...

we all share the same weights and cardio machines regardless of our goals. ;)

i just dont buy into...well the car is this, so this is all any of these cars will be.

it really boils down to "whatever you cant or dont wanna do, theres always someone who will do it"-----and honestly, thats what makes automotive so great. theres a good range of preference.:D

Read the fine print as in, those MPG numbers were obtained in a lab under ideal controlled conditions using the most efficient techniques and not starting the tests until the car is up to speed?? It's rated by the EPA at 19 city and 31 highway. 90% of owners will do good to ever hit that 31mpg number. You will have those few who do everything possible to tweak out the most mog that can meet, or exceed, the rated 31mpg, but they will be few and far between. 37mpgI think will only be had by those who do everything possible to get the most mpg, including coasting up to a traffic light from over 1/2 mile away, never exceeding 3K RPM if that high, never driving over 60mph. You know the people that piss everyone else off on the road because it takes them 3 miles to get up to the speed limit if they ever get up to the posted speed.

yup, i read the fine print on reality vs tests.... i know that in my car now, a v6 3.5L charger, with some mods which help increase efficiency, along with a tune.... in stock form the car is rated for 19 city and 27 highway, i'm getting 26-31+ highway with mods, tune, driving style and setup:)

so i figure i can do it with what i have, i figure i can improve on that 31mpg highway in the other car as well. with similar mods (which are the most basic of all mods) ;) i mean even i i dont get 37mpg out of it... 35 is cool. i dont always get 30+mpg out of my car, but i know i have done so on many tanks of gas. and i dont take 3 minutes to get up to speed ;) i can sacrifice a gallon to get movin, then get a good 3-5 hour cruise bankin 30+ mpg with 34-36psi ;)

Amen to that.

navy48
05-19-2010, 11:25 AM
as a 3.5L V6 Charger owner, you're asking me if I'm "tempted" by the 2011 V6 Mustang? since I work for a C-J-D dealer, I think they would frown on that, so the answer is 'no'.

BUT if I WERE tempted by something other than a Mopar, it wouldn't be the new Stang. it would be the V6 Camaro RS with a 6sp. :D

I'm old.....I don't care so much about the 'stats'. I'm all about the LOOKS and to me the Camaro is HOT!!!

Samoan Tsunami
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
as a 3.5L V6 Charger owner, you're asking me if I'm "tempted" by the 2011 V6 Mustang? since I work for a C-J-D dealer, I think they would frown on that, so the answer is 'no'.

BUT if I WERE tempted by something other than a Mopar, it wouldn't be the new Stang. it would be the V6 Camaro RS with a 6sp. :D

I'm old.....I don't care so much about the 'stats'. I'm all about the LOOKS and to me the Camaro is HOT!!!

:bigthumb::beerchug:

just wish i fit comfortably

GaresTaylan
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
I wanted the RT at the time of purchase, but financially it wasn't possible. And 3 days after I bought the SXT, I was laid off. So it worked out in the end as I struggled to make ends meet and keep what I had already.

I've enjoyed spending time doing little projects like my Katzkin install where the RT I was looking at would have come with factory leather seats. Makes the car more enjoyable to me. While I might desire more that the RT offers under the hood, in the long run I know I made the right choice. Getting laid off and dealing with the rise in gas prices at the time really makes me think about that.

Stumblin Steve
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I admit I'm jealous of the new '11 Mustangs having 300hp, even the new '11 Chargers will have 280hp. At the same time though I never raced one person and I've had my car for two years. Yes I'd love to have that better pull, but honestly when it's time for me to sell my car I'm getting an R/T, either staying with the Charger or getting a Challenger. I think the new styling of the Mustangs is the best it's been in 20 years, they even have dual exhaust too, but if I'm to get a two door coupe it would not be a V6 Stang.

hskr
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
yup, i read the fine print on reality vs tests.... i know that in my car now, a v6 3.5L charger, with some mods which help increase efficiency, along with a tune.... in stock form the car is rated for 19 city and 27 highway, i'm getting 26-31+ highway with mods, tune, driving style and setup:)

so i figure i can do it with what i have, i figure i can improve on that 31mpg highway in the other car as well. with similar mods (which are the most basic of all mods) ;) i mean even i i dont get 37mpg out of it... 35 is cool. i dont always get 30+mpg out of my car, but i know i have done so on many tanks of gas. and i dont take 3 minutes to get up to speed ;) i can sacrifice a gallon to get movin, then get a good 3-5 hour cruise bankin 30+ mpg with 34-36psi ;)

Amen to that.

So you are baing YOUR fuel estimates off of how your Charger responded to mods?? Come on, even you have to admit trying to compare a modded car to a modded car is a waste of time. Especially on a brand new engine(the stang) that really hasn't had much "real world" time to really see how mods will effect it. As i said, there will always be that small percentage of owners who seem to get better gas mileage than the ratings, or even other owners for that matter. It's all in the driving style. I enjoy driving my car and don't try to save fuel. And most people won't be doing 3-5 hour cruises that often to maximize the fuel economy.

CHARGERTREV
05-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Any? I'm sure it's a fast ride and if you're saying that, it would blow the doors off of most rides on the street and here but what kind of times is it putting down? Not saying you're wrong I'm just curious what your friend is getting at the track.

8.8X :driving:

Here is the same set up minus the nitrous..that will be done in under a month. We are taking it to the beach this weekend, it comes home to be sent out to be caged and chutted. It leaves there to go to his tuner to set the AMS up for the new 4" exhaust, the nitrous to eliminate the excessive turbo lag then it will be back in delaware. Then we are taking a weekend trip up to maple grove for rumble at the grove....and see if it will go into the 7s. He is happy with what it sits at now, and anything after s just icing on the cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzamDiGMyU

Gladiator
05-19-2010, 04:17 PM
That's crazy fast. :eek25: What mph is your buddy getting up to at that time or are we now entering a territory where we count speed by Mach or Warp factor?

CHARGERTREV
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
eh... not so sure i agree with much of that.

while its your OPINION, which i can sincerely respect... many of the sports cars around the world are not V8's. for that matter, many racecars arent either.

ChargerTrev posted the pic of the supra below. kinda shows the exception to the loose fitting "rule" these days ;)

v8's became popular because that was really the only way to make power back in the day. technology kinda evens that playing field. case in point with the new v6's in the mustang.

for a car with 40 less HP at the crank, (340 HP is what the v8's from R/T's 06-07 were rated at) and its putting down similar numbers to what those same R/T's were kicking out...

a car is only WHAT you make of it. if you want it to be a family car...by all means, thats fine.

-Mopar and Samuel Hubinette turned it into a drift car.
-HHP and a guy from baltimore turned a Magnum into an 11 second street car
-Matt Robertson turned his into a track car that runs laguna seca in times faster than cars that cost 2-3 times the price.
-Modern Muscle turned a v6 "family car" into a 320rwhp "have fun with it" car...
Wait till you see that magnum now....:bowdown:

And I would consider the Ferrari a race car, 2 doors and 12cyl. sooooooooo if it had a V8 it would be a race car?

CHARGERTREV
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
That's crazy fast. :eek25: What mph is your buddy getting up to at that time or are we now entering a territory where we count speed by Mach or Warp factor?

163-166 range, as of now...it wont go above 186...thats what the tuner set the car up for. Its a 1/4 car, I assume he will raise it too 200 or so with the new set up. It will hit 186 in NO time...almost scary fast. I can say I have been in some STUPID fast cars, but nothing that will spin the tires in 4th gear at 100mph.

youngzayiles
05-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Im interested in the times as well.. I just know I could never drive anything like that... FUGLY:icon_puke:... Another coupe that you guys may not consider fast but is flat out sexy is the G35 now Ill drive that.. I love my v8 charger and I know its not the fastest thing out there but modded up its no slouch either!! If u think about the percentage of heavily modded cars out there it isnt alot.. so im ok... V6 charger is a cool car too unless u think ur gonna be racing everything beside you lol... Plus the new mustangs are flat out ugly... Id take a camaro any day over the mustang YUK... The older ones 05 were nice but not the v6 base model..

CHARGERTREV
05-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Im interested in the times as well.. I just know I could never drive anything like that... FUGLY:icon_puke:... Another coupe that you guys may not consider fast but is flat out sexy is the G35 now Ill drive that.. I love my v8 charger and I know its not the fastest thing out there but modded up its no slouch either!! If u think about the percentage of heavily modded cars out there it isnt alot.. so im ok... V6 charger is a cool car too unless u think ur gonna be racing everything beside you lol... Plus the new mustangs are flat out ugly... Id take a camaro any day over the mustang YUK... The older ones 05 were nice but not the v6 base model..

Look back a few posts, and hey...its all taste man. I LOVE the supra, and to be honset not a hige fan of the G35...but thats what makes it so fun, I dont have to like what you do.

youngzayiles
05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Look back a few posts, and hey...its all taste man. I LOVE the supra, and to be honset not a hige fan of the G35...but thats what makes it so fun, I dont have to like what you do.

Of corse not... Its all what people like.. Just like some love the new mustangs and I hate um with a passion... I would take the 05 models though... I like those... I think if I would get a beast of a car it would be the old foxbody mustangs... Then Id be ready for that supra lol

Gladiator
05-19-2010, 04:54 PM
163-166 range, as of now...it wont go above 186...thats what the tuner set the car up for. Its a 1/4 car, I assume he will raise it too 200 or so with the new set up. It will hit 186 in NO time...almost scary fast. I can say I have been in some STUPID fast cars, but nothing that will spin the tires in 4th gear at 100mph.

Wow. Quick vehicle.

And I disagree. Everyone must like exactly what I like. Mwuhahahahahaha!:slap: <- ME :D

Grieve
05-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I agree, there is some vehicles out there with a V6 that are “sporty” and/or really quick but I sincerely feel with a larger engine in that same vehicle it would be sportier. In my opinion a sports car or muscle car needs to sound a certain way, rumble a certain way and no V6 can accommodate that… it just can’t.

Believe me I’m not knocking V6 Chargers, just v6 stangs,challengers,camaro’s, ect. (They are coupes). I love my V6 but only because it is a sedan and gas is so outrageous. The way I drive if I had an R/T I would be spending 120+ a week on gas. (a lot for a daily driver)

This weekend my sister informed me she is buying a Camaro. My first question for her… are you getting an SS or the crap one? She replied “there is five models to choose from”. My Son (13) replied… there are only two models, the good one and the bad one! I was so proud :) This is a car that will be her “middle age” car and will not be a daily driver or winter driven… Also she has the cash for an SS. I talked her into V8.

I guess @ the end of the day, V6 or V8 is really personal preference… I would ALWAYS buy a V8 if I could afford it. Until then I will drool @ the R/T’s and SRT8 and save. I do love my SXT though… just wish it had some ba*ls!

Grieve
05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
8.8X :driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzamDiGMyU

That supra is awesome! It is certainly modified heavy.

Hate the sound, might as well be electric.

Gladiator
05-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Gas isn't that different between the V6 and R/T due to MDS. If you put your foot into it, it wouldn't make much difference because it doesn't take a whole lot to get up to speed. Trust me. :D

youngzayiles
05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I agree, there is some vehicles out there with a V6 that are “sporty” and/or really quick but I sincerely feel with a larger engine in that same vehicle it would be sportier. In my opinion a sports car or muscle car needs to sound a certain way, rumble a certain way and no V6 can accommodate that… it just can’t.

Believe me I’m not knocking V6 Chargers, just v6 stangs,challengers,camaro’s, ect. (They are coupes). I love my V6 but only because it is a sedan and gas is so outrageous. The way I drive if I had an R/T I would be spending 120+ a week on gas. (a lot for a daily driver)

This weekend my sister informed me she is buying a Camaro. My first question for her… are you getting an SS or the crap one? She replied “there is five models to choose from”. My Son (13) replied… there are only two models, the good one and the bad one! I was so proud :) This is a car that will be her “middle age” car and will not be a daily driver or winter driven… Also she has the cash for an SS. I talked her into V8.

Yeah I know what u mean I love my v8 that I now have and would not go back to a v6 when purchasing a sports car... Now I know though that I will have a beater car because like u said its no joke on gas for a daily driver and im not going to act like im driving miss daisy to save gas or that defeats the whole purpose... The only v6 I like the sound of as mentioned before is the G35... I dont know what it is about it...

I guess @ the end of the day, V6 or V8 is really personal preference… I would ALWAYS buy a V8 if I could afford it. Until then I will drool @ the R/T’s and SRT8 and save. I do love my SXT though… just wish it had some ba*ls!

bluelinebrotha
05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
If I ever get a raise, I'm test driving both a Hemi Challenger and v6 or 5.0 Mustang. Then i'll make my choice. Right now I'm leaning towards the Chally.

georgiaslim45
05-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not tempted. I hate the look of the new Mustangs. Plus, I love what Dodge/Mopar is putting out right now. Next move for me is Challenger.

dejuan7
05-20-2010, 08:45 AM
I rather have a v8 because of how it sounds not how fast it goes. A big hemi with heads cams and Corsa is all I want!!!

youngzayiles
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I rather have a v8 because of how it sounds not how fast it goes. A big hemi with heads cams and Corsa is all I want!!!

Thats what I love.. I like scarring small children when I step on it haaa

hskr
05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Thats what I love.. I like scarring small children when I step on it haaa
Thats easy to do. Just make sure them, or thier favorite pet are in front of you when you do it. Doesn't matter what you are driving, they will be scarred for life.

Davejb
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM

v8....not really for me or needed in my view. unless you are trying to set some dyno records, or a flat out racecar, 300 HP is enough to realistically do pretty much anything a v8 can do "fun wise"...

not to mention mods and tuning can easily send a 300HP car to 330-350 bhp...

at that point, with an ESP/traction-stability on OFF what is there that you CANT do?

drift = check
burnout = check
donuts = check

i can do those now with my v6 (and almost got in trouble last week in philly for it ;) ) ....

so for me, dont really see the need for a v8.

camaro is nice, but that was a tight fit, especially the sunroof model. no head room.

Pretty much my line of thinking, if I had the $$ I'd be in the V8 camp, but a 6 works fine, and I have no qualms about trading a 6 for a 6, kind of strange that anyone would if they bought a 6 to begin with. The last V8 I had was a 92 Dakota with the 318.

Davejb
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Can't really argue with that :beerchug:

youngzayiles
05-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Thats easy to do. Just make sure them, or thier favorite pet are in front of you when you do it. Doesn't matter what you are driving, they will be scarred for life.

lol now thats just cold blooded haaaa

ChargeRonDavinS
05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
The new stang in general makes me love Mustangs again.

MilWizzle
05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I see alot of "sound of the hemi" and other hemi related reasons considering its not a true hemi. its a pinhead design not hemispherical

Samoan Tsunami
05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I see alot of "sound of the hemi" and other hemi related reasons considering its not a true hemi. its a pinhead design not hemispherical

careful....some "v8" owners get touchy when you bring up that subject on the forums...:D

MilWizzle
05-20-2010, 02:11 PM
teheehee that's why I said it

Energize
05-20-2010, 02:36 PM

yup i definitly agree with you, vito how long have you had yours

Samoan Tsunami
05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
teheehee that's why I said it

naugh-tayyyy!:bigthumb::clap:

lukefairs
05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
yup next car has to be a v8 for me, maybe a v8 mustang

Davejb
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Well, I went and test drove the V6 manual, this thing stomps all over my SXT, but that was expected. Don't really want a manual for 2 reasons. Wife can't drive a stick (she needs to drive my car, and I ain't teaching her on a brand new Mustang!), and I don't want to be without a remote starter (yeah they make em for manuals, but I don't want to hack up the wiring in a brand new car). So the automatic was the choice... until I found out there is zero way to manually control the auto tranny, don't know what they were thinking with that, I'm constantly using my auto stick, wouldn't want an auto that I couldn't manually downshift.

Chargermedic
06-06-2010, 08:09 AM
i have alot of love for the blue oval. we dont see them crying to the government to save there happy asses. as for the mustang v-6. one very nice car and yes im thinking of going ford. i also love the looks of the taurus. hey 7 flat and still 29 mpg. not bad.