How the alarm system working? [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: How the alarm system working?

alrahi101
03-14-2010, 03:28 AM
How the alarm system working?

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT 6 Cyl 3.5L. But I donít know how I can activate the alarm System in my car???!!!!
As I read in the catalog of the car, the door must be opened when you locking the doors. After closing the last door will operate the system, but it does not work!!:confused:

GLHS837
03-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Hmmm, in Chargers, at least here in the states, the alarm is only turned on when you lock the car with the key fob button. I suspect you are in the Middle East, and I'm not sure what your setup is for locking the car. I know some countries restrictions radio transmission devices make the remote locking we have here illegal. What does your owners manual say exactly about the alarm?

Midlife Crisis
03-14-2010, 06:25 AM
This is from the '09 book;
"To Arm the System
Remove the key from the ignition switch and either press
a power door LOCK switch while the driver or passenger
door is open or press the LOCK button on the Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter. After the last door is
closed, or if all doors are closed, the Vehicle Security
Alarm will arm itself in about 16 seconds. During that
time, the Vehicle Security Light will flash. If it does not
illuminate, the Vehicle Security Alarm is not arming. In
addition, if you open a door during the arming period,the Vehicle Security Alarm will cancel the arming process.
If you wish to rearm the Vehicle Security Alarm after
closing the door, you must repeat one of the previously described
arming sequences."
Are you waiting 16 seconds before testing it?

Anguish
03-14-2010, 08:58 AM
How the alarm system working?

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT 6 Cyl 3.5L. But I donít know how I can activate the alarm System in my car???!!!!
As I read in the catalog of the car, the door must be opened when you locking the doors. After closing the last door will operate the system, but it does not work!!:confused:

Not to be a door-knob, but are you sure that you've even got an alarm? A base SXT doesn't come with one.

Here'sJohnny
03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
easy test... roll down window or if you are patient and it's not hot... sit in car. Close all doors and hit lock with keyfob (all they are saying in manual is that IF you have door open and lock from inside, it will start arming after you close all the doors.)
Wait like 5 minutes, maybe ten. then try and open by reaching in window and pulling door lock up or pulling door handle. As soon as door cracks open it should go off...

If not you may not have the option package (only immobilizer is standard) or it's not working properly.

Never heard the 16second thing, I know it takes time to arm it's not instant, but I thought it was more than 16 seconds...

alrahi101
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Thank you Guys,
Really I appreciate your response.
The first answer > Yes I’m in meddle East. I’m sure I have the alarm system in my car and radio alarm also.
Dear Midlife Crisir, I followed the procedures mentioned in the vehicle book but is not working. I locked the car and tried to open the lock from inside but not working.
Since that day I was following the same procedure when I lock the car,, But at one day I was in my work when someone told me that my car alarm works. I went to check the car and found the alarm activated without any reason, then I tried to make it run but it does not work again. Really I need to know how it work or armed!!!!!

However,

I will try according to your advice thank you all

Kansas City_Charger
03-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I am assuming you do not have an actual alarm, but only the standard unlock/lock feature. I am guessing your panic button was accidentally pressed and that is prob the "alarm" they are referring to.

blackspeeddevil
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I am assuming you do not have an actual alarm, but only the standard unlock/lock feature. I am guessing your panic button was accidentally pressed and that is prob the "alarm" they are referring to.

X2!! SXTs dont come with factory alarms.. you dont have an alarm if you lock it and you can still open it from the inside without the horn going off..

Anguish
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Iím sure I have the alarm system in my car and radio alarm also.

Why are you sure you have an alarm? Also, what is a "radio alarm"? The factory alarm systems that are available on some Chargers do nothing special for the car's radio, nor do they transmit a panic signal so I don't know what you're thinking you have.

I locked the car and tried to open the lock from inside but not working.

Not working. What do you expect to happen, and what is/is not happening.

But at one day I was in my work when someone told me that my car alarm works.

Again, what does this mean? Someone just said "you've got an alarm" and you assumed that some coworker knows something special about your car? Or was this person telling you that you alarm was triggered and making noise at that very moment, proving to you that you have an alarm?

I went to check the car and found the alarm activated without any reason

Activated. What does this mean?

then I tried to make it run but it does not work again. Really I need to know how it work or armed!!!!!

There is no magic to the factory alarm, where equipped. You lock the door with the key fob and it's armed. You unlock the door with the fob and it's disarmed.

I know there's a small language barrier in play here. All I can suggest is that you type more detail than you think you really need. If you explain something to us in two or three ways, or give us step-by-step examples of what you see or hear, we'll certainly know what to tell you. The reason I say this is because so far the evidence is strongly suggesting you don't have the factory alarm.

Also, please let us know what year your car was made. We'll get this answered for you.

Thanks.

alrahi101
03-15-2010, 10:44 PM

There is no panic button in my remote

alrahi101
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Why are you sure you have an alarm? Also, what is a "radio alarm"? The factory alarm systems that are available on some Chargers do nothing special for the car's radio, nor do they transmit a panic signal so I don't know what you're thinking you have.

Not working. What do you expect to happen, and what is/is not happening.

Again, what does this mean? Someone just said "you've got an alarm" and you assumed that some coworker knows something special about your car? Or was this person telling you that you alarm was triggered and making noise at that very moment, proving to you that you have an alarm?

Activated. What does this mean?

There is no magic to the factory alarm, where equipped. You lock the door with the key fob and it's armed. You unlock the door with the fob and it's disarmed.

I know there's a small language barrier in play here. All I can suggest is that you type more detail than you think you really need. If you explain something to us in two or three ways, or give us step-by-step examples of what you see or hear, we'll certainly know what to tell you. The reason I say this is because so far the evidence is strongly suggesting you don't have the factory alarm.

Also, please let us know what year your car was made. We'll get this answered for you.

Thanks.

I have 2006 Charger SXT 6 Cyl 3.5L.

if I don't have the factory alarm then why the alarm activated . Lights and horn ????

Thanks for your time

Kansas City_Charger
03-16-2010, 01:27 PM
There is no panic button in my remote

What??? Every Key Fob I have seen has a panic button. Can you take a pic of your key fob and post it up for us?

Anguish
03-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I have 2006 Charger SXT 6 Cyl 3.5L

Good news. How the alarm system works is: you go get one and install it. It turns out that the factory alarm system was offered on R/T and up as part of the Electronics Convenience Group and SRT Option Group II. Which is to say it wasn't offered on SE or SXT cars at all.

How you had honking etc would be that you pressed the Panic button on your remote, which was standard on all models SE and up.

So. You don't have a factory alarm. You do have a factory Panic button.

And you've vanished.

Interesting.