42RLE and W5A580 Transmission Protection [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: 42RLE and W5A580 Transmission Protection

370 HEMI
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Many people here are customers of ours in regards to using QuantumBlue engine oils, our QuantumBlue Ultra High Performance Oil Filters, and our ACES IV Gasoline Formula in their fuel.

However, many forget or neglect how all that power is being transferred to the rear of the car. If you have a 4 speed transmission you have a modified A606 or 42RLE (4 speed medium duty(2) Rear wheel drive Longitudinal Electronic. If you have 3.5, 5.7, or 6.1, you have a 5G-Tronic with speed shift used in Mercedes-Benz R170 SLK 32 AMG also known as a W5A580 or NAG1 transmission. NAG1 stands for New Automatic Gearbox Generation One (1). While the 42RLE has gear ratios of 1st 2.84, 2nd - 1.57; 3rd - 1.00; 4th - 0.69; Reverse of - 2.21. The NAG1 has 3.59, 2.19, 1.41, 1.00 and .83 with a 2.82 to 3.06 final drive ratio.

While the 42RLE is a medium duty transmission for the 2.7L, the NAG1 or 5G-Tronic transmissions are very beefy transmissions that are still used in several models of Mercedes including the S-Class (V12) and CL-Class cars as the 7 speed or 7G-Tronic cannot handle the torque of the V12.

The point is that they both have to handle a lot of torque through to the rear wheels. Many people don't quite understand how a fluid clutch works, and it is too involved to go into here, but basically it relies on the fluid to go from the turbine connected to the engine over to the pump area via interaction with the stator. The only thing moving the car is the fluid!!

You can imagine the temperatures that are created by the fluid coming in one part of the torque converter, and then being sent out in an opposite direction to be interacted with the stator etc.

Because the transmissions we have today are hydraulic/electric units, we have fluids that are "friction modifed" to deal with the torque modified shifting that occurs with the engine and transmission interface.

All this means is that the engines can produce more torque than the transmissions can fully handle. So to modify and protect the transmission from the engine, the powertrain control module (PCM) talks to the transmission control module (TCM) to schedule the shifting (with the corresponding line pressures) at a level below the maximum possible torque that the transmission can handle. It does this by backing off the fuel and timing to a point below maximum torque and horsepower. Then, just as fast, when the modified shift has been completed and the clutch packs have been put together, the fuel and timing are once again brought back up for use in the next gear.

This continual process happens when we go through the gears putting the car through performance maneuvers. Even when driving normally, the transmissions are fully adaptable and work to produce a smooth "butter like" shift to enhance the driving experience.

The fluids cook out the friction modifiers allowing the transmission to slip more creating more heat. Since the transmission is fully adaptive, it adjusts the pressures for wear. It doesn't understand that it is the lack of friction modifiers that are contributing to the slipping. So increasing the pressure creates more heat due to clutch slipping. The more heat, the more pressures are exerted on the clutch packs creating a vicious circle. By the time you realize there is a transmission slipping problem, you are down the yellow brick road to a smoked transmission and 7800 reasons to be very unhappy. Because we are dealing with a 3700 to 4300+ lb car, we have to look beyond the normal Mopar ATF+4 to increase the life and protection factor if we want long life without seal problems, internal leaks, and eventual failure of this unit.

We have designed the QuantumBlue ATF+4++ transmission fluid to deal with higher pressures, higher temperatures, and the programming augmentation caused by the Predator adjustments. We incorporate 18% more friction modifiers with an ultra high heat blend that will help the clutch packs grab appropriately with out being harsh and allow for the modifiers to keep from cooking out increasing the life of the entire unit. Seals are protected and conditioned better keeping them from getting hard as well. It is safe and effective for use in 42RLE and W5A580 - NAG1 transmissions. Many on the forum have already switched over and are really enjoying the performance benefits not only of protection but more performance.

As our cars are beginning to get up there in age and mileage with increased and continual Predator exposure, it is important and imperative to review what is occurring and what we can do to protect these expensive units from failure.

There is a better way!:clap:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

Ujokin2
02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Wow Brian so much information...

Also some of us have modified transmission valvebodies which increases the line pressure to facilitate faster and HARSHER shifts both on the upshift as well as the downshift.

swobosf
02-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Brian, Is your QuantumBlue ATF+4++ transmission fluid compatible with Builder Bill's stage 2 valve body? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but though I'd check.
Thanks!

370 HEMI
02-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Wow Brian so much information...

Also some of us have modified transmission valvebodies which increases the line pressure to facilitate faster and HARSHER shifts both on the upshift as well as the downshift.

Ujokin2,

I know what you are talking about on these valvebodies and the pressures you are talking about.

It is all the more imperative that the fluid you put in them have the right heat and pressure carrying capabilities necessary for long term wear reduction and heat dissipation! We have designed our fluids to work well with the regular transmissions and design the fluids to handle the modifed ones with high performance valvebodies and higher pressure needs.

Remember the more pressures and volume, the more heat and potential breakdown will occur. QuantumBlue ATF+4++ will withstand any transmission standard or modifed and protect the internals, produce more power, and reduce the heat while staying together and not allowing slippage.

We had similar needs on the racing RS-6 Audi transmissions, and put together a great fluid that saves those transmissions too! :bigthumb:

Regards,

Brian
440-821-9040

Gabe
02-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Brian, I started reaching for my wallet after reading your opening post above .... lol

I can't wait to find somebody I can trust to flush out the OEM fluid in my tranny and get all new QB fluid in there ... still looking :)

370 HEMI
02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Brian, Is your QuantumBlue ATF+4++ transmission fluid compatible with Builder Bill's stage 2 valve body? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but though I'd check.
Thanks!

swobosf,

I have never talked directly to Builder Bill, but I hear that he likes the ATF+4 from Mopar.

However, I believe his concern is that people try to use a Dexron III, Dexron IV Electronic, or some other off the shelf products and add the "additives" to make it into ATF+4 as the ATF+4 is more expensive than the Dexron products. This is like putting lipstick on a pig and Builder Bill knows this I surmise.

While Builder Bill and Mopar recommends only the ATF+4 from the parts counters, we also agree that ONLY an ATF+4 spec'd or designed fluid should be used in the 42RLE and the NAG1 standard or modified.

However, we make only ATF+4 fluids for these cars but add the ++ technologies to it which is our own designed temperature and modifier technolgies specifically for these transmissions and the modifications that are made to them via the aftermarket builders.

So using our QuantumBlue ATF+4++ is using the spec but just designed to be a beefier and more durable fluid to coincide with the aftermarket builders modifications which make these transmissions more durable mechanically.

More durable valvebodies and more durable fluid to run them etc.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

370 HEMI
02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Brian, I started reaching for my wallet after reading your opening post above .... lol

I can't wait to find somebody I can trust to flush out the OEM fluid in my tranny and get all new QB fluid in there ... still looking :)

Gabe,

Try several local transmission shops. Most good ones have the full flushing capability so no worries here. I look forward to blending you a really good mix for your AWD. That will about do it for your car except for the front differential which you and I can talk about.

By the way, how is the transfer case lubricant doing for your car. LMK..:bowdown:

Regards
Brian
440-821-9040

Gabe
02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Gabe,

Try several local transmission shops. Most good ones have the full flushing capability so no worries here. I look forward to blending you a really good mix for your AWD. That will about do it for your car except for the front differential which you and I can talk about.

By the way, how is the transfer case lubricant doing for your car. LMK..:bowdown:

Regards
Brian
440-821-9040

Well, the dealership I work at has a BG flush machine (they're big-time in bed with BG at my place :lol:), but I'm not allowed to write my car up since I bought something we don't sell somewhere else - go figure that one out - but the tech that bought an Infiniti a week before me, somehow is allowed.

I hate my job, but that's a whole 'nother thread / story ... lol

And I don't have your coolant yet ;)

As far as the tc or rear diff, they're working. :)

No noises, no problems :)

370 HEMI
02-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Well, the dealership I work at has a BG flush machine (they're big-time in bed with BG at my place :lol:), but I'm not allowed to write my car up since I bought something we don't sell somewhere else - go figure that one out - but the tech that bought an Infiniti a week before me, somehow is allowed.

I hate my job, but that's a whole 'nother thread / story ... lol

And I don't have your coolant yet ;)

As far as the tc or rear diff, they're working. :)

No noises, no problems :)

Gabe,

Sorry to hear about the BG situation. Actually the cleaner that they put in the transmission and run it down the road to flush out the gum and varnish, I really don't have a problem with. It is the CRAP they add after they put the new trans fluid in that I tell people do not put that stuff in.

Sounds like real injustice here on the ok for one but not the other.

Just made a fresh batch of coolant.......whenever you are ready!

Sorry to hear also about you hating the job. Unfortunately too many people are in jobs that they hate and find no fulfillment with it.

Others would take any job in this economy. We fortunately have been doing very well with increased orders from industrial and from retail......like this forum that is helping pay the bills and also is helping us develop new products etc.

Have a great one and thanks for the update on the TC and the Diff!:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

GoofyTimL
02-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Tomorrow, er... this morning I have my MSRT8 appointment to flush the tranny and put in the QB ATF+4++ and the QB Gear Lube in the rear.

Can hardly wait to see what she feels like after that!

Gabe
02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Tomorrow, er... this morning I have my MSRT8 appointment to flush the tranny and put in the QB ATF+4++ and the QB Gear Lube in the rear.

Can hardly wait to see what she feels like after that!

Good luck Goofy :)

After I had my Charger's rear diff and transfer case fluids changed over to BND fluids, within a couple miles she almost started feeling "lighter" ... lol ... almost like the car was working less hard to accelerate :)

I still have to get the trans fluid though :banghead:

370 HEMI
02-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Good luck Goofy :)

After I had my Charger's rear diff and transfer case fluids changed over to BND fluids, within a couple miles she almost started feeling "lighter" ... lol ... almost like the car was working less hard to accelerate :)

I still have to get the trans fluid though :banghead:

Hey Gabe,

I have 3 gallons of trans fluid with your name on them!! LOL.......runs and hides!:D

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

sector 2
02-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Hey Brian,
As you may recall I am getting my new rear end gearing/differential right after my Pedder's install (02/12)...... But just to feel the difference on the OEM differential, I changed the diff fluid myself, since there is enough fill up the Getrag from the gallon....What a difference....Like AWD Gabe said....after a few miles, it was a huge difference. No comparison. So effortless. I can hardly wait to put the rest of the QB in the Getrag. Now at least I can say I felt the difference w/ the same gearing w/ the QB in as oppossed to jumping to larger gearing AND QB ATF. The dealer wanted 150.00 to change it out. I bought a suction gun for 12.00 and did everything myself in about 30 minutes...Now my car is Quantified.........Engine oil, tranny oil, gear lube and QB coolant...fully protected at 58,000 miles. I hope to get many more miles. 300,000 miles... is it possible, Brian? What is the most miles that you tested a single motor on, and type? Just curious.....Andy

370 HEMI
02-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey Brian,
As you may recall I am getting my new rear end gearing/differential right after my Pedder's install (02/12)...... But just to feel the difference on the OEM differential, I changed the diff fluid myself, since there is enough fill up the Getrag from the gallon....What a difference....Like AWD Gabe said....after a few miles, it was a huge difference. No comparison. So effortless. I can hardly wait to put the rest of the QB in the Getrag. Now at least I can say I felt the difference w/ the same gearing w/ the QB in as oppossed to jumping to larger gearing AND QB ATF. The dealer wanted 150.00 to change it out. I bought a suction gun for 12.00 and did everything myself in about 30 minutes...Now my car is Quantified.........Engine oil, tranny oil, gear lube and QB coolant...fully protected at 58,000 miles. I hope to get many more miles. 300,000 miles... is it possible, Brian? What is the most miles that you tested a single motor on, and type? Just curious.....Andy

Andy,

Glad you had a chance to see the difference with the QB HP Tackified Red 75w115. Night and day really!

On the subject of how long, we took engines to over 1 million miles on test stands and they never wore out, so we don't really know how long it will last past the 1 million mile mark. Hey, when you get there, let me know! LOL!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

sector 2
02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
We'll do, Brian....BTW my gallon of ACES IV and The World's Best Grease, just arrived at my door, Thanks a million....what a deal!!

Andy

PRoBLeMz
02-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Gabe,

Sorry to hear about the BG situation. Actually the cleaner that they put in the transmission and run it down the road to flush out the gum and varnish, I really don't have a problem with. It is the CRAP they add after they put the new trans fluid in that I tell people do not put that stuff in.

Sounds like real injustice here on the ok for one but not the other.

Just made a fresh batch of coolant.......whenever you are ready!

Sorry to hear also about you hating the job. Unfortunately too many people are in jobs that they hate and find no fulfillment with it.

Others would take any job in this economy. We fortunately have been doing very well with increased orders from industrial and from retail......like this forum that is helping pay the bills and also is helping us develop new products etc.

Have a great one and thanks for the update on the TC and the Diff!:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

Ok, well now i'm upset some, the dealership said, my charger is modified(CAI and Kooks LT headers) and wouldn't flush my transmission, and plus I only had 3 gallons, and to do a proper flush I needed 4 gallons :(
(This doesn't even make sense? [dealership buttheads])

So I went to National Pride Transmission Service. I mean heck, these guys had transmission in their name! They said the Charger required 4 gallons(same thing the dealership said) to properly set the fill requirement during the transmission service. So I am at this point a little frustrated, I said fine, one gallon of your ATF 4 in the flush bottle first then follow with my 3 gallons of QB ATF 4.

So they did that and I was in the bay with them and everything was going good I guess. I turn away and next thing I see is a additive from B&M being poured in, I ask, what is that? He replied, "It helps protect". Well I said, its to late now! Wish you guys could have said that you were going to put that in!

Well no options now, I had to return to Germany, and Now that I am back, and had 3 days to drive from Wisconsin to Texas, car drove great, but now I am worried some what, I dont have a solid fluid in the tranny and I am sure with your guidance that I will be purchasing more once i get a solid address to get items shipped too.

Pretty much you can say that, "I failed at life" I pay all that money just to have some punk arse jack my services up!

Have you ever heard about the 4 gallon issue? or what should I tell these jack asses next time?

370 HEMI
02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Ok, well now i'm upset some, the dealership said, my charger is modified(CAI and Kooks LT headers) and wouldn't flush my transmission, and plus I only had 3 gallons, and to do a proper flush I needed 4 gallons :(
(This doesn't even make sense? [dealership buttheads])

So I went to National Pride Transmission Service. I mean heck, these guys had transmission in their name! They said the Charger required 4 gallons(same thing the dealership said) to properly set the fill requirement during the transmission service. So I am at this point a little frustrated, I said fine, one gallon of your ATF 4 in the flush bottle first then follow with my 3 gallons of QB ATF 4.

That is fine. They used 4 quarts to flush out the trans. This should be part of the service. Use their regular to circulate the old fluid out and into the holding tank, and then the 3 gallons of QuantumBlue Custom Blend to refill after the recirculation.....no worries here!

So they did that and I was in the bay with them and everything was going good I guess. I turn away and next thing I see is a additive from B&M being poured in, I ask, what is that? He replied, "It helps protect". Well I said, its to late now! Wish you guys could have said that you were going to put that in!

Well no options now, I had to return to Germany, and Now that I am back, and had 3 days to drive from Wisconsin to Texas, car drove great, but now I am worried some what, I dont have a solid fluid in the tranny and I am sure with your guidance that I will be purchasing more once i get a solid address to get items shipped too.

Pretty much you can say that, "I failed at life" I pay all that money just to have some punk arse jack my services up!

Have you ever heard about the 4 gallon issue? or what should I tell these jack asses next time?

Fortunately, I understand what these yahoos do at the transmission shops and at the dealerships. BG products have done a good job of convincing people that their stuff is ok. I don't agree, but I know that sometimes this is going to happen. The next best thing about knowing that this stuff is out there, is planning for it being added.

We add buffers and suspension agents in our fluids to allow the BG materials to have a positive affinity with our high heat catalysts so that if it is "accidently or intentionally" added, the fluid will still be structurally sound and still very functional being able to withstand their little bottle of magic additive. Bottom line is don't worry about that little bottle of BG.

Just take note to next time have them not put it in as it is not needed. Our detergents are more than powerful enough. However, I have no problem with the flush additive that they add to the transmissions when they are going to drive the car and then circulate the fluid before introducing out products in.

No worries on what you have, just drive with impunity!

As far as an address, when you land, just give us a call and we can help you out with whatever your next thing you want to address is. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

status1
02-07-2011, 07:33 PM
"Even when driving normally, the transmissions are fully adaptable and work to produce a smooth "butter like" shift to enhance the driving experience"
I wish
It's more like a cheese grater with all the shudder this 42rle makes
Sorry I just had to laugh when I saw "butter like"
This 42rle seems to have some serious issues with shudder
I never had this kind of problems with any of my Ford cars
Isn't there a more permanent fix for this shudder ?

Jonny
02-07-2011, 07:46 PM
"Even when driving normally, the transmissions are fully adaptable and work to produce a smooth "butter like" shift to enhance the driving experience"
I wish

Did you buy it new, and never add anything BUT ATF+4???

Having a quick lube place add some ATF+3 can cause shudder.

Having a prior owner add the wrong fluid could cause shudder...

I have owned several 42RLEs... they did some weird stuff, but the only time I had one shudder was after the quicklube dude did me wrong.

Maybe time to change out your fluid with the proper ATF+4 or Brians stuff.

370 HEMI
02-08-2011, 06:19 AM
I wish

You really haven't given us enough information to go on. What year car, how many miles, what are the conditions.

Transmissions cook fluid. They need proper friction modifiers to make things work right.

Shudder comes from sticking inside, and from torque converter clutch problems as well. Just too many variables to help you. ;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

status1
02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the tip about the wrong fluid type I can certainly check that out
The 42RLE is in my 2007 Dodge charger 2.7 l engine with 88k miles that I bought used so I am not sure what the previous owner did to it
It's doing it when shifting from 3 to 4 around 45mph at around 1500 rpm when I slowly accelerate so when it shifts from 3rd it drops from a little over 2000 rpm to 1500 rpm at that point even though I am applying steady pressure on the gas pedal the engine rpm goes down a little further like I was going uphill even though I am on a level road at that point it starts to shudder so I either give it more gas to raise the rpms or keep the gas the same and down shift to 3rd to raise the rpms
It also does it in 2nd gear at 20mph around the same rpm but it's barely noticeable
If I accelerate harder than it doesn't do it because it shifts into 4th at a higher rpm
I was looking around to get a shift kit or something to make it shift about 500 rpm higher but nobody seem to make anything useful for the 2.7l engine

370 HEMI
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the tip about the wrong fluid type I can certainly check that out
The 42RLE is in my 2007 Dodge charger 2.7 l engine with 88k miles that I bought used so I am not sure what the previous owner did to it
It's doing it when shifting from 3 to 4 around 45mph at around 1500 rpm when I slowly accelerate so when it shifts from 3rd it drops from a little over 2000 rpm to 1500 rpm at that point even though I am applying steady pressure on the gas pedal the engine rpm goes down a little further like I was going uphill even though I am on a level road at that point it starts to shudder so I either give it more gas to raise the rpms or keep the gas the same and down shift to 3rd to raise the rpms
It also does it in 2nd gear at 20mph around the same rpm but it's barely noticeable
If I accelerate harder than it doesn't do it because it shifts into 4th at a higher rpm
I was looking around to get a shift kit or something to make it shift about 500 rpm higher but nobody seem to make anything useful for the 2.7l engine

Based upon what you have stated here, it sounds like you have a torque converter lockup clutch going out in it. I had the same situation on my Grand Caravan SXT. If I drove around in 3rd gear and kept it from going to lockup below 45 mph it would be fine. If I let it go to lockup at 1,200 to 1500, it would shudder and buck. Again that is what it sounds like to me.;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

status1
02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
So you are saying there is no fix for this ? Is this supposed to be just normal wear or is this a defective part ?
Am I supposed to change the torque converter at every 80k or so ?
Is there a better aftermarket torque converter lockup clutch or maybe a regular torque converter without the lockup clutch that can be installed to fix this problem permanently ?

xkm121
08-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Great info you got there! I have read all the pages and now I have some questions.

I am currently at 20720 miles on my 08 SXT. Very rarely the transmission will shift real hard. It feels almost like my car is rear ended. But again it doesnt happen everyday. It happens 3~5 times a year. Do you think this is normal for a 42RLE trans? I drive really really gentle for most of the time, and I drive less than 6000 miles a year.

I dont have much faith in the 42RLE trans since everything I have been reading concluded that it is a horrible trans. Seems Dodge just wanna cut down the cost to use 42RLE for the 08+ 3.5. Should I change the fluid right now or wait for the 60K mile suggested by the user manual? If so, what's the advantage of QB over Mopar trans fluid?

370 HEMI
08-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Great info you got there! I have read all the pages and now I have some questions.

Thank you! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Been on Vacation with my wife and kids for the last few days!!

I am currently at 20720 miles on my 08 SXT. Very rarely the transmission will shift real hard. It feels almost like my car is rear ended. But again it doesnt happen everyday. It happens 3~5 times a year. Do you think this is normal for a 42RLE trans? I drive really really gentle for most of the time, and I drive less than 6000 miles a year.

This is called a bump stop. It occurs periodically and is typical with the 42RLE. It occurred with the 42LE in the 300M/Intrepids, and also with the 41TE or 4 speed 1=light duty, T=transverse mounted E=electronic controlled transmissions too. Seals get harder over time with the PAO based ATF+4 fluids etc.

I dont have much faith in the 42RLE trans since everything I have been reading concluded that it is a horrible trans. Seems Dodge just wanna cut down the cost to use 42RLE for the 08+ 3.5.

Actually, the 42RLE is not that bad of a trans, but it does take more frequent fluid changes as they are very sensitive with the friction modifiers and other additives in the trans. Where they got a bad rap was when they were called the ultradrive back in 1989 to around 1995. They had many software changes and updates along with limp in modes......locked in 2nd gear etc. Things are really better now, but still sensitive about fluid changes and types. I have a 2005 Grand Caravan with 137,000 miles with a 41TE and it is a workhorse. Fluid changes every 30k miles though!

Should I change the fluid right now or wait for the 60K mile suggested by the user manual?

Professionally speaking, I would get the trans fluid out of it and replace it with our QuantumBlue Trans fluid designed for the ATF+4++ type with 18% more friction modifier in it and then change it every 30k to 35k miles after that. Our filter comes with the change. It will make a significant difference. You want to get it done before it hardens the seals and there is no hope for them but replacement/rebuilding etc.

If so, what's the advantage of QB over Mopar trans fluid?

Our fluids are mineral based and designed to protect the seals keeping them soft and plyable. Certain seals balloon in the trans and with it being conditioned, the bump stop will decrease in frequency and eventually disappear with proper maintenance. Higher heat capability and reduction in wear in the main shaft and gearing. It is a good trans if it is cared for.

Always remember that the quotations in the manual are for cost of ownership reasons and not for the benefit of the consumer. Many things are done for the benefit of the corporation and what they can publish. Higher power 3.5L + smaller trans and higher heat of the fluid means shorter life. More heat carrying capacity fluid and the ability to dissipate the heat means longer life for the trans and seals etc. ;)

Call me when you get a chance and we can discuss further. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

xkm121
08-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Our fluids are mineral based and designed to protect the seals keeping them soft and plyable. Certain seals balloon in the trans and with it being conditioned, the bump stop will decrease in frequency and eventually disappear with proper maintenance. Higher heat capability and reduction in wear in the main shaft and gearing. It is a good trans if it is cared for.

Always remember that the quotations in the manual are for cost of ownership reasons and not for the benefit of the consumer. Many things are done for the benefit of the corporation and what they can publish. Higher power 3.5L + smaller trans and higher heat of the fluid means shorter life. More heat carrying capacity fluid and the ability to dissipate the heat means longer life for the trans and seals etc. ;)

Call me when you get a chance and we can discuss further. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

That's some really good info there!

Do I need to get the trans serviced by my local dealer with your fluid or any lube shop will do the job? I am at 20K so do you think I should switch it out right now? The hard shifting does become more and more frequently since I bought the car.:rolleyes2:

370 HEMI
08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Dealership is fine or private shop is ok too. Check around and see who does a full transmission flush.

If it is bump stopping now, the modfiers are getting worn out. Yes, I would change it now while the seals are still soft and plyable. More time goes by without conditioning the seals, the worse it will get.;)

LMK
Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

That's some really good info there!

Do I need to get the trans serviced by my local dealer with your fluid or any lube shop will do the job? I am at 20K so do you think I should switch it out right now? The hard shifting does become more and more frequently since I bought the car.:rolleyes2:

xkm121
08-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Will make the purchase soon. On a 400 mile long trip it's been doing that hard shifting a lot of times already.

How much should I expect to pay?

370 HEMI
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Will make the purchase soon. On a 400 mile long trip it's been doing that hard shifting a lot of times already.

How much should I expect to pay?

Depends on the amount of fluid. If we do 2 gallons and a filter, it would be

104.40 + $22.00 for the filter and O-Ring + Tax

If you do 3 gallons it would be $156.50 + $22.00 for filter and O-Ring + shipping on either.

Let me know how you want to proceed.:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

xkm121
08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
How much fluid do I need for a full change? I read it is 4 quart for the 42RLE? Is that one gallon right?

Also, I am about to do an oil change soon. I have been using RP for 3 oil change intervals so far. I kinda look foward to switch to your QB special blend. What will be the benefit of switching to QB? What will be the cost of 6 quarts of QB for my 3.5(which I believe use 10w30). Will the QB work with an Oil Catch Can?

Thanks!

370 HEMI
08-31-2011, 03:04 PM
How much fluid do I need for a full change? I read it is 4 quart for the 42RLE? Is that one gallon right?

We generally make 2 gallons incase you need 6 quarts. If you only end up using 4 quarts in the pan drain and fill, then you can drain it again in 10k miles and do an adhoc full flush using the replacement filter we provide. You wouldn't have to replace the trans filter on the second flush.

Also, I am about to do an oil change soon. I have been using RP for 3 oil change intervals so far. I kinda look foward to switch to your QB special blend. What will be the benefit of switching to QB?

As part of the QuantumBlue Custom Blend, we would incorporate detergents and suspension agents to help clean the motor of the Moly that RP contains. The switch to QB would be really different for your 3.5L as the molecule size is so much different and the additives are superior to the RP. It will be smoother, quieter, and more powerful while picking up some mpgs.

What will be the cost of 6 quarts of QB for my 3.5(which I believe use 10w30).

We always make 2 gallons of oil for the 3.5L so that you use 6 quarts for the change and have 2 quarts left over for top off during the 10k mile drain interval. If you need it, you have it, if not, then you have it for the next change. Most 3.5L tend to use a little bit of oil especially in the new gen type.....since the days of the 1999 to 2004 Chrysler 300M.

Will the QB work with an Oil Catch Can?

Yes, as a matter of fact, after you change over to the QB, there will still be some residual left over from the RP so it will be the 2nd oil change with QB before you really see what the complete difference is with our oils vs RP.

Also, consider adding the ACES IV to the mix to help seal the upper part of the rings too. The full system is ACES IV on top and QB on the bottom end.;)

Thanks!

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

xkm121
08-31-2011, 03:24 PM
So can I get a quick quote on the price?

2 gallon of trans fluid, 2 gallons of QB 10w30 oil.

I assume I can use Mopar Filter with them?

And shipping to 97401

370 HEMI
09-01-2011, 04:50 PM
So can I get a quick quote on the price?

2 gallon of trans fluid $104.40

2 gallons of QB 12.5w35 oil. $104.40

I assume I can use Mopar Filter with them? QuantumBlue Oil filter @ $10.85

QB Trans filter @ $22.00

And shipping to 97401 Shipping @ $32.16

$104.40+$104.40 + $10.85 + $22.00 = $241.65 + $32.16 = $273.81.

This is what we suggest to get the best outcome with our fluids. ;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

xkm121
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I will call you in 2 weeks. That seems a lot of money. Need to save up a little bit. lol

You do paypal, right?

370 HEMI
09-03-2011, 12:38 PM
I will call you in 2 weeks. That seems a lot of money. Need to save up a little bit. lol

You do paypal, right?

Yes, it is an investment initially, but once you experience the difference, you will know why it's price is more, but it's cost is less.

As I have said before, the cheapest man pays the most where as the prudent man protects himself from damage.

Better to spend a little more than you planned on than to spend less than you should.
We take Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.;)

Regards,

Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com