BND what a ripoff [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: BND what a ripoff

wickedchargerrt
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Well i tried some qb oil this week and some aces 4 and my few oz of steering additive and let me share my experiences with only 40 miles on the car so far.

a/ What the hell? The engine got so quite on the way home i had to pull over and make sure someone didnt put my stock exhaust back on

b/ the in town mileage is already up a little bit. I'm averaging about 100 mpg. I once again got completely frustrated , pulled over and opened my hood to make sure someone didnt swap my hemi with a two mode prius engine

c/With my cammed car i've always had difficutly making hard turns at low rpm. As the idle lobes in and out of vacuum the car has sometimes killed itself during parking lot manuevers. It has not done this in several attempts today. I got pissed off and took the cam back out to make sure it was still in there and to my excitement it was.

By now i hope you can tell i'm being ironic and have nothing but good things to say :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s74tYnqnBM

Honestly it feels like the car is stock again. . . right up til i mash the pedal :lol: I feel a lot safer hitting the road for a 1600 mile round trip now and thank you brian, for the time and effort you put into this site and your products

:bigthumb:

p.s. sorry bout the thread title but i wanted the thread to get read :grin:

black08
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Seeing as how i made the decision to switch....this is good to know wicked. I believe it even more coming from you as you know your stuff. I always get a good laugh anymore seeing as how we hated each other for a minute....your good people and i`m glad we get along now.

NightMare R/T
07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Eh wickid hates everyone at first...

I already trusted bnd's product but black is right coming from you Nick I've got no doubts at all. I'm about 1500mi away from a qb oil change.

davey28
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks wicked. And yes coming from you it means a lot. I got the aces 4 to try as soon as the gas tank gets low.

BigBlackRT08
07-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Wicked claims to be a turtle......shhhhh...he's really Batman!
When Batman speaks, Robin listens....Looks like I'm calling Brian when I'm due for an oil change.

Part Deux
07-15-2009, 07:43 PM
I think he secretly pulled his fuses and is blaming brian instead, LOL. I just finished off most of the Mobile 1 I bought on sale, so the next oil change may be some of Brian's magic oil.

wickedchargerrt
07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Seeing as how i made the decision to switch....this is good to know wicked. I believe it even more coming from you as you know your stuff. I always get a good laugh anymore seeing as how we hated each other for a minute....your good people and i`m glad we get along now.

Ya, i dont know what we bumped heads on but who cares. Thats life. Hard to decifer emotion and intent through the internet

Eh wickid hates everyone at first...

I already trusted bnd's product but black is right coming from you Nick I've got no doubts at all. I'm about 1500mi away from a qb oil change.

i kinda do hate everyone at first dont i? :lol:

Thanks wicked. And yes coming from you it means a lot. I got the aces 4 to try as soon as the gas tank gets low.

why thank you

Wicked claims to be a turtle......shhhhh...he's really Batman!
When Batman speaks, Robin listens....Looks like I'm calling Brian when I'm due for an oil change.

i'd only be batman for the excuse to wear my underwear outside of my pants
:grin:

I think he secretly pulled his fuses and is blaming brian instead, LOL. I just finished off most of the Mobile 1 I bought on sale, so the next oil change may be some of Brian's magic oil.

your lucky your not coming to ohio young man. You'll come back to your car and the whole ipm will be missing :grin:

No honestly guys , i've really only had the stuff in about 40 miles and i can tell a difference. Its honestly taken a lot of the cons you get from a catback exhaust and no cats on a mds enabled car, and cammed car and really makes them a non issue. You always get a con or two with the pros you get from aftermarket parts and its nice to feel like the car is a true muscle car again without the oddball noises and grunts. Its like i traded my dodge for a chrysler with less wiring.
I'm a huge skeptic and as you know i dont let a lot of vendors blow smoke up my shell without giving them a run for their money. I tested brians knowledge a bit when he first got on here as i test most vendors to see if there is shadiness in trying to make a quick buck off people or if there is actually something there. I have to admit that because of brad (4rdeater) and chuck (cherry) who are good buddies of mine recommending it, i was already perked up about it a little. Well i called brian one day and after about an hour on the phone and talking back and forth on here, not only did i feel his passion for the product, but i could feel the passion for the automobile industry as a whole. When someone gets ticked off, like me, when people dont always listen to common sense on the forum, it shows that there is a bit of feeling by spending hours on here trying to help people and not just a passion to rip someone off for 5$. He is someone i've seen bouncing from thread to thread helping people with questions without always throwing a sales pitch in their face. There's a lot of good people on here that i'm friends with, and when they asked questions i stood up and took notice to see his answers at first to see if i agreed or if any swindling was going on and i've never seen it.

Like billet tech, even though i'm broke as a joke, when someone comes on here, helps my friends and other forum members , without always trying to make a buck. I gotta stand up and support them back anyway i know how.

This is one of those things thats hard to fit into the budget but for the piece of mind and satisfaction that every member on here has had, its worth every penny. Even without brian throwing up one of his math posts about how you can save 10 cents per gallon x 192 gallons x89 octane x10000 mile things he always does :bigthumb:

wickedchargerrt
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
i used to do this with royal purple for about 5 min to get every drop of oil i could from my 6 bucks a qt.
I let this one sit there for over a half hour :grin:
http://i27.tinypic.com/2e4ynac.jpg

Mik3y
07-15-2009, 09:29 PM
This thread just made me message Brian to see what i can get :D

Anguish
07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
I'll confess that I'm always very quiet when Brian shows up in Ye Randome Thread and hawks his wares. I'm a skeptic by nature and if it isn't measured and documented by unbiased reproducible tests, it's (probably) not true. Miracle oil sounds like... well.. miracle oil. Worse, I'm simply not in the market for performance-enhancing fluids. I don't currently need a Predator or a cam or anything else.

That all being said... I generally trust wicked to be at least as skeptical and analytical (to the point of a fault sometimes) on whatever topic he engages. For him to trumpet praise at least makes me take notice. It won't land a sale with me because of my lack of need, but a reputable forum member's praise goes a long way in my book. It's not as good as cold hard documentation, but it makes me think twice.

Oh, and I only noticed this thread because of the unique title, as I was browsing down to the Billet Tech section. So the title choice was good advertisement as well.

Gabe
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Hehehe .... you kinda had me going there at first .... :lol:

My QB 8w35 oil (no MDS in my ride so I'm getting 8w35 instead of the usual-for-HEMI's 7.5W23 QB offering :) ) is waiting to be poured-in still .... :)

Phanta5m
07-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Hehehe .... you kinda had me going there at first .... :lol:

My QB 8w35 oil (no MDS in my ride so I'm getting 8w35 instead of the usual-for-HEMI's 7.5W23 QB offering :) ) is waiting to be poured-in still .... :)

what are you waiting for...

http://i27.tinypic.com/2rosyrl.gif

already:cowsmile:

Gabe
07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
what are you waiting for...

http://i27.tinypic.com/2rosyrl.gif

already:cowsmile:

Some time off :)

I'm working every day about 11 hrs a day, this Sat I'm working, then next Sat I'm moving ...

I'm hoping to have the oil changed and the high flow cats installed the following Saturday ... so it's gonna be August before I have it all done ... :(

Daytona606
07-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Nice wicked. at first i was like WTF - for once i dont agree. then i read the actual post and was like yea were on the same page. the QB is just common sense, an oil that is specificly engineered for your vehicle, you location, and your engine adjustments! you cant hope for that kind of mix with any off the shelf brand. and the ACES - for me it was like adding a predator tune to a predator tune. remember that feeling when we first installed our pred tunes? well for me adding aces to the mix was like haveing that feeling all over again on top of the tune! THANK YOU BRIAN! and yes this is finally hope we can believe in! ;)

Gabe
07-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Those of you using ACES ..... what octane gas are you putting in with it ?

I'm still using 93 in there .... with my heads/cam work and custom tune, I just can't get myself to reach for that 89 nozzle ... :)

Daytona606
07-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I started out after doing some research with a 93 tune on 89 octane. i wasnt real happy with that then switched to a 93 tune with 91 octane. now i am actually using 91 octane with a 91 tune. i think the 93 tune in my opinion is crap i actually lost performance and went back to the 91 tune. now the thing is a beast! but all our cars are different and i have done no engine mods so you may want to play around a bit and do some data logging.

hemiitis
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
He he, you got me there wicked. :thumbsup:

Gladiator
07-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Queue Brian. :D

370 HEMI
07-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Queue Brian. :D

WOW!! I came on the forum and when I saw the title, I felt like you do when you are in a car and you think that the someone who is driving is going to turn, you are in the passenger seat and you unconsciously get your body ready to turn and then they don't and you get that ooofff feeling.....well you know.

Wicked, thanks for your insight on what we do. I can in no way add anything. The products speak for themselves.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

Daytona606
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
^^^^ he he he, i bet you sat there for like 10 minutes putting together a thought out response, then read the post and was like, a crap i just wasted 10 minutes. :)

370 HEMI
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM
^^^^ he he he, i bet you sat there for like 10 minutes putting together a thought out response, then read the post and was like, a crap i just wasted 10 minutes. :)

Nerf ball was being thrown against the wall vigorously!! Then it popped...just kidding. :biggrinjester:

Brian
BND

370 HEMI
07-16-2009, 08:13 AM
I'll confess that I'm always very quiet when Brian shows up in Ye Randome Thread and hawks his wares. I'm a skeptic by nature and if it isn't measured and documented by unbiased reproducible tests, it's (probably) not true. Miracle oil sounds like... well.. miracle oil. Worse, I'm simply not in the market for performance-enhancing fluids. I don't currently need a Predator or a cam or anything else.

That all being said... I generally trust wicked to be at least as skeptical and analytical (to the point of a fault sometimes) on whatever topic he engages. For him to trumpet praise at least makes me take notice. It won't land a sale with me because of my lack of need, but a reputable forum member's praise goes a long way in my book. It's not as good as cold hard documentation, but it makes me think twice.

Oh, and I only noticed this thread because of the unique title, as I was browsing down to the Billet Tech section. So the title choice was good advertisement as well.

Anguish,

I really appreciate your thoughts here!! There is so much junk out there that is pushed as the all to end all and if you wait it out long enough you generally find that there was something wrong with it, and you avoided a problem by not participating.

My grandfather said many years ago....."Do not be the first to try the new nor the last to lay away the old!"

However, performance is an interesting word in that protection and durability go hand in hand for those who are not interested in upgrading to bigger cams, exhaust, speed in other words.

This is why our custom blending of our lubricants is so important. It is because you get a formula that works specifically with your goals and how you use your car. When I put my 12.5w40 into my SRT8, I did it not for specifically more performance but rather longer performance of the same type. The ACES materials have treated over 3 billion gallons of fuel here since 1969. Between engines that come apart that look brand new at 3 time the normal mileage to oil analysis that shows a guy in Norman Oklahoma can run his Ford Explorer Sport Trak 11,000 miles on one oil change and still have lab numbers like 3000 mile drain intervals for metals, viscosity, alkalinity, zinc ,phosphorous and TBN....that becomes more than simply anocdotal. That is definitely worth considering anyway. You can not wait us out here because there will never be anything that occurs to prove waiting was prudent.

When you finally feel confident that we make things that will protect your ride better than any other, we will be here to assist you.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

crash73
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Judging from the looks of that coolant tank, you can also benefit greatly from Brian's coolant. My son's '06 Charger has it, and it has made a tremendous difference - not only in the appearance of the tank, but in how cool the car runs. He has a 170 thermostat in, and if he goes too long into the winter months on stock coolant, his computer would pop the 'I'm not warm enough yet' code. In the summer, just outside Philadelphia, he's getting the code on Brian's coolant.

Between my son and I, we're running 5 vehicles on various BND products. All 5 get the oil and ACES IV; the '06 Charger has his rear differential fluid, coolant, and power steering additive. The '01 GMC Denali is about to get transmission, front, rear, and transfer case fluids, and already has the power steering additive. This truck wants 87 octane, so I don't get to see Brian's math, but it drives so much smoother, down shifts less up hills, etc.. There's an '03 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP that wants 93 octane, but I run it on 89 with ACES; it is impossible to tell the difference, no pinging/detonation, etc.. The other two cars are driven by non-enthusiasts, so they run the stuff because I tell them to (if only that were true); both run on 87 octane. Both of these are coming up on coolant, transmission, differential fluids and transfer case for one, differential for the other.

I guess one could say that I am a BND believer; Wicked, get the coolant from Brian, clean out that tank, and enjoy!

FLEX
07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Just my opinion, but I really find this thread title misleading, pejorative and inappropriate, Nick's bizarre sense of humor notwithstanding.

Nick/Brian please PM me or another mod if you want it changed.

-=FLEX=-

BigBlackRT08
07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Just my opinion, but I really find this thread title misleading, pejorative and inappropriate, Nick's bizarre sense of humor notwithstanding.

-=FLEX=-

Ahhh...to have such power......SOMEDAY.

sound&security
07-16-2009, 11:00 AM
JUST CHANGED my oil to QB last night so we will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

sound&security
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
THE label is misleading! the oil wasnt blue!! hehehe:biggrinjester:

wickedchargerrt
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
i know huh. i expected blue oil too. :grin:

Darn it flex , the goal was to draw attention to the thread without the same ol "bnd is super cool title" and it worked. You suck if you dont like it :bigthumb:

i'm glad i had ya all going for a bit. I'm a goof that way

Gladiator
07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo64/gladiator7890/IMG_0768.jpg
:alfdance:

zoomzoom1
07-16-2009, 05:39 PM

hehehehehehehe...........:cowsmile:

wlangenbach
07-16-2009, 05:44 PM
how much is the quantum blue engine oil going for? and to not sound stupid how many quarts does it take to change your oil

370 HEMI
07-16-2009, 06:41 PM
how much is the quantum blue engine oil going for? and to not sound stupid how many quarts does it take to change your oil

First, the reason for the QuantumBlue name is as such, Quantum Physics dictates that a quantum leap is between two points that is closer than a straight line. Bend a piece of paper so that both ends are right next to each other and jump from one edge to the other. You bypassed the whole length of the paper that way. So the thought here is we are jumping from where traditional technologies are and going to the other side etc.

The Blue part comes from the high temperature/anti-wear technology that keeps the oil molecules stable at very high temperatures and resists massive amounts of wear between parts. It is actually blue in color once it is synthesized in liquid form therefore Quantum....Blue.

Now on the prices:

The regular price for the QuantumBlue Custom Blend is $13.95 per quart.

However, the July 4th and Beyond discount is good for the whole month of July.

So right now it is $12.56 per quart and produced per gallon. So whether you have a 2.7, 3.5, 5.7 or a 6.1, you would receive 2 gallons and then administer appropriately for your engine quarts.

2.7 is 5 quart, the 3.5 is 6 quart, the 5.7 and 6.1 are both 7 quart systems.

Thanks

Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

Gabe
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee265/gpwebman/funny%20pics/lol-045.gif

7 qts in the Hemi V8's (QB oil comes in gallons, so you'll get 2 gallons = 8 qts :) )

And I think the oil is normally 12.99 / qt ..... sometimes they run specials :)

Ron380
07-16-2009, 07:13 PM
First, the reason for the QuantumBlue name is as such, Quantum Physics dictates that a quantum leap is between two points that is closer than a straight line. Bend a piece of paper so that both ends are right next to each other and jump from one edge to the other. You bypassed the whole length of the paper that way.

I thought that was called a tesseract?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Tesseract.gif

:D

yeah... Brian's gonna hate me for that one. heheheee

08Black3.5SE+
07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
First, the reason for the QuantumBlue name is as such, Quantum Physics dictates that a quantum leap is between two points that is closer than a straight line. Bend a piece of paper so that both ends are right next to each other and jump from one edge to the other. You bypassed the whole length of the paper that way. So the thought here is we are jumping from where traditional technologies are and going to the other side etc.

The Blue part comes from the high temperature/anti-wear technology that keeps the oil molecules stable at very high temperatures and resists massive amounts of wear between parts. It is actually blue in color once it is synthesized in liquid form therefore Quantum....Blue.

Now on the prices:

The regular price for the QuantumBlue Custom Blend is $13.95 per quart.

However, the July 4th and Beyond discount is good for the whole month of July.

So right now it is $12.56 per quart and produced per gallon. So whether you have a 2.7, 3.5, 5.7 or a 6.1, you would receive 2 gallons and then administer appropriately for your engine quarts.

2.7 is 5 quarts, 3.5 is 6 quart, the 5.7 and 6.1 are both 7 quart systems.

Thanks

Brian
440-821-9040

the 3.5 is 6 qts.....

370 HEMI
07-16-2009, 09:57 PM
the 3.5 is 6 qts.....

Hey Thanks 08Black 3.5SE,

You are correct.....6 quarts, and I have corrected it in the post.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

hemiitis
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Now you're think that $12 - $13 / quart is kinda high, right? But, it will last you for 3 - 3K oil changes (9 - 10K miles), so it compares to oil that costs $4 - $4.33 / quart and yet protects your engine MUCH better. Ask Brian for the detail (cost and protection). :thumbsup:

Backwoods
07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey Thanks 08Black 3.5SE,

You are correct.....6 quarts, and I have corrected it in the post.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

OMG NO, I just changed my oil based on your information, drove it around the block six times, blew a valvestem, and now I get back home and this is what I see. :O :alfdance:

370 HEMI
07-16-2009, 10:46 PM
OMG NO, I just changed my oil based on your information, drove it around the block six times, blew a valvestem, and now I get back home and this is what I see. :O :alfdance:

Well,

Did you change your winter air over to the summer air? The summer air is lighter and good for better gasoline mileage, but the winter air is heavier and better for traction in snow:cowsmile:

Brian

gcarrick
07-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Damn, that might have been why i had a tire pop!!! winter air was too heavy and over heated the tire!

Wish someone had told me this earlier!

mnunes
07-16-2009, 11:01 PM

-=FLEX=-

i know huh. i expected blue oil too. :grin:

Darn it flex , the goal was to draw attention to the thread without the same ol "bnd is super cool title" and it worked. You suck if you dont like it :bigthumb:

i'm glad i had ya all going for a bit. I'm a goof that way

I was pretty much convinced to buy ACES IV before I saw this thread but Nick's title caught my eye - an "uh-oh" moment. I guess his plan worked. After reading his review, it pretty much sealed the deal and I placed my order with Brian this morning.

I do agree that the title is misleading and some might not read past the title before being turned off. From the "lively discussions" we get on this forum I think those are the minority here. I guess I would leave it up to Brian as to whether he thinks this is helping or hurting his business.

370 HEMI
07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
I was pretty much convinced to buy ACES IV before I saw this thread but Nick's title caught my eye - an "uh-oh" moment. I guess his plan worked. After reading his review, it pretty much sealed the deal and I placed my order with Brian this morning.

I do agree that the title is misleading and some might not read past the title before being turned off. From the "lively discussions" we get on this forum I think those are the minority here. I guess I would leave it up to Brian as to whether he thinks this is helping or hurting his business.

By the way, it was really great to talk to you finally today. Product should ship out tomorrow so it will be ready for you by mid next week.

Thanks again for the time today.

As far as the title, it made me look, it has made others look, and I agree that few would not engage to find out. Works for me.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :beerchug:

mnunes
07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
By the way, it was really great to talk to you finally today. Product should ship out tomorrow so it will be ready for you by mid next week.

Thanks again for the time today.

It was a pleasure talking to you, too, Brian. It's great to know that some of our vendors feel a passion for their products, not just for their profits.

Gladiator
07-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Just wait until you get a random long distance call on your caller ID and you're like wonder who that could be? It's Brian making sure you're doing good with your BND products.

Backwoods
07-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Well,

Did you change your winter air over to the summer air? The summer air is lighter and good for better gasoline mileage, but the winter air is heavier and better for traction in snow:cowsmile:

Brian

Best. Idea. Ever.

'scuze my hijack, but if you're interested in making a million bucks, listen up.

People buy bottled water. That's the same thing as water, except in a bottle.

Some people go to garden centers to buy dirt. Seriously. They're buying dirt. In a bag.

SO.

WHY NOT:

"Here at Backwoods Engineering, we pride our Winter Air Injection Systems on their 100%, all natural Michigan Winter Air. We bottle our air at subzero temperatures for maximum shelf-life. Why add Cold Air Intakes when you can have our special Michigan December Blend forced directly into your manifold from a 5,000 PSI bottle in your trunk?!"

Backwoods
07-16-2009, 11:45 PM

Actually, considering the lack of 'bad experience' posts regarding this specific set of products, I would be inclined to believe that the post title would draw not only firm believers, but would equally interest skeptics looking for information to support their doubts.

sound&security
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
SO-I had a quart left over and did a little taste test.
IT's light and refreshing on ice with no strange after taste.
ALL my weird noises in the morning are gone and my AM poop slid right out today!:bigthumb:

370 HEMI
07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
ALL my weird noises in the morning are gone and my AM poop slid right out today!:bigthumb:

Hey Sound,

More about Penguins than I really wanted to know!:cowsmile:

Brian:bigthumb:

sound&security
07-17-2009, 09:19 AM
tonight its ACES IV with beer chasers.

Gladiator
07-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Will you be using the various lubricants BND sells later on in the evening?

370 HEMI
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Will you be using the various lubricants BND sells later on in the evening?

Ewwwwwwwww!:slap:

Brian

sound&security
07-18-2009, 04:44 PM
WELL it was ACES IV shots with beer chasers all night and no hang over today!
Just dont light A cig till you brush your teeth 6 or 7 times

Gabe
07-18-2009, 05:15 PM
WELL it was ACES IV shots with beer chasers all night and no hang over today!
Just dont light A cig till you brush your teeth 6 or 7 times

http://www.vladlungu.ro/blog/uploaded_images/coocoo-in-the-head-709416.jpg

http://www.lizmichael.com/nananana.gif

Backwoods
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.liekwoah.net/charger/warethread.jpg

370 HEMI
07-19-2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.liekwoah.net/charger/warethread.jpg

Back on track I hope.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the two days at the LX and Beyond Nationals and had an opportunity to meet Wicked, Ujokin2, Anguish, and many others that I have spoken to via telephone and/or on this forum.

I hope all that attended enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thank you all for a really great time.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

wickedchargerrt
07-20-2009, 10:34 PM

a valvestem. haha, thats great.
my acceleration was so greatly improved my tailights keep popping out

good. i get a quater for every customer i bring him so i'm on my way to my millions :lol:
the reason for the title is because i am who i am. :grin: Me , of all people, starting a thread with a title that sounds like i'm starting chit? ? who me?
For the two or three people that read the title and dont open the thread- never had the passion to buy the stuff in the first place.

yes, if brian doesnt add some sort of paprika or something to liven up the taste i may have to go back to putting royal turn solid in ten miles back in my car.
:no:
it also works as a good sexual lubricant.
Imagine the cost if ky made 10w-30 :lol:

i'm a rare one to spend money where i dont have to but for the extended life and insurance and the math that adds up fine (more miles for a tad more money) , there's no other option. Let alone the improvement in mpg.
Plus just think if your a earthy guru like me. Your using half as much oil in x amount of time. Your also saving the enviroment at the same time. Sides, how can you support mobil after the prices they charge us at the pump while their ceo's take billions home and use it as toilet paper? If i can spend 20 bucks to save 50 at the pump and stick it to the man in my own little way, i'm good

370 HEMI
07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
a valvestem. haha, thats great.
my acceleration was so greatly improved my tailights keep popping out

good. i get a quater for every customer i bring him so i'm on my way to my millions :lol:
the reason for the title is because i am who i am. :grin: Me , of all people, starting a thread with a title that sounds like i'm starting chit? ? who me?
For the two or three people that read the title and dont open the thread- never had the passion to buy the stuff in the first place.

yes, if brian doesnt add some sort of paprika or something to liven up the taste i may have to go back to putting royal turn solid in ten miles back in my car.
:no:
it also works as a good sexual lubricant.
Imagine the cost if ky made 10w-30 :lol:

i'm a rare one to spend money where i dont have to but for the extended life and insurance and the math that adds up fine (more miles for a tad more money) , there's no other option. Let alone the improvement in mpg.
Plus just think if your a earthy guru like me. Your using half as much oil in x amount of time. Your also saving the enviroment at the same time. Sides, how can you support mobil after the prices they charge us at the pump while their ceo's take billions home and use it as toilet paper? If i can spend 20 bucks to save 50 at the pump and stick it to the man in my own little way, i'm good

Wicked,

I agree. The real sad thing is that I know of many technologies from other companies as well as my own technology that really could and would benefit our customers and end users.

However, the powers that be or our own inability to assimilate the data and believe in them is partially the limiting factor.

If I could get every drop of Diesel fuel treated with ACES II and every drop of Gasoline treated with ACES IV, we could reduce the imported oil into this country by 56 days!!!

If we could get every drop of oil to go 10k miles in our cars and machinery, as well as the fuel catalysts, we could reduce it to 68 days!! This is not hopefully, not maybe, but certainly we could do it.

I am not a tree hugger, but I am not for dirty air or water or for wasting resources that we don't need to use. If we could accomplish the fuels and oils alone, we would have real hope and change.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040

Gladiator
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Not for dirty air? Hippie. :weed:

GUNS
07-21-2009, 05:02 PM
thought I was going to have to find and punish you for spreading lies......

wickedchargerrt
07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
i'm not a tree hugger either but simple law of economics is if we quit using so much oil prices will drop and thats what matters the most

Gladiator
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Ever try to hug a tree? They scratch you up. Bark is rough and if it's a pine or something. :no: Too much sap. Seems to me trees hate being hugged. :(

Ph.unk D.octor
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
These guys had quite an audience at LX & Beyond.

So much so...I didn;t really get to talk with them. Now I can read what all the hype is about. :D

370 HEMI
07-21-2009, 10:46 PM
These guys had quite an audience at LX & Beyond.

So much so...I didn;t really get to talk with them. Now I can read what all the hype is about. :D

After you read the "hype" you can even get a private audience @ 440-821-9040 without waiting in a line!:biggrinjester:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

hemiitis
07-22-2009, 08:17 AM
After you read the "hype" you can even get a private audience @ 440-821-9040 without waiting in a line!:biggrinjester:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
No that's the deal of the century! A one-on-one conversation with the designer of these lubricants. :thumbsup:

wrestlingnrj
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
After reading all of these BND is the "suX0r" threads :biggrinjester: I decided to give Brian a call today and ordered up some oil and ACES IV.

Gladiator
07-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Good because BND is the worst. :D

wickedchargerrt
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
After reading all of these BND is the "suX0r" threads :biggrinjester: I decided to give Brian a call today and ordered up some oil and ACES IV.

whoohooo another quarter for me :grin:

not really :sad:

hemiitis
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM

Anothe one bites the dust. :thumbsup:

370 HEMI
07-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Good because BND is the worst. :D

Wow Gladiator,

This is like opposite day...this thread.:biggrinjester:

Brian
BND Automotive LLC

Gladiator
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
It is opposite day. HAHAHAHAHAHA. :grin:

NightMare R/T
07-23-2009, 08:43 PM
hey brian what would be a good time to call you cali time? my oil change is about 1k away and I am using you for the next one. also how will aces work without a predator, will it matter?

wickedchargerrt
07-23-2009, 08:57 PM
hey nightmare, call brian and say you think nick is so super cool that your buying the stuff because of me and how sexy i am :bigthumb:

Predator wise i would run the 91 octane tune if your running 89 octane and aces. You might be fine with 93 tune on aces with 89 but it really depends on your local fuel quality and its ethanol content so to be safe 91 tune, 89 gas and ship it. If your good on datalogging and you achieve no knock on 91 octane you can always try 93 for a tank or two

NightMare R/T
07-23-2009, 09:01 PM
ah nick you misunderstand me, I dont have a predator yet. reading about fried ecu's and a lack of 400$ to blow before a cmr tune have held me back. I am going to be getting one as soon as I have the $$$ tho.

Gladiator
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Is your sig accurate? If so all I'm seeing is a CAI and exhaust. You need a custom tune with a predator?

NightMare R/T
07-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I was wondering if a pred was necessary for aces to work right. I dont have a pred yet but want one and will want a cmr tune to get the most out of it.

oh and nick how does QB taste?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/wickedchargerrtt/028-3.jpg

:banana:

wickedchargerrt
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
well it doesnt taste as fruity as royal purple, if you get what i mean

no predator is not needed and will help you even more with gas mileage not having it

Gladiator
07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
No you just dump it in your tank and you're all set.

NightMare R/T
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Thx guys. I have recently switched to 91 maby got 2k miles of 91 gas on the car. Im curious how different the car will feel on aces and qb....

Gladiator
07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Smoother acceleration and a little more pull. I felt like I just put my cai on all over again if that makes sense.

370 HEMI
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
hey brian what would be a good time to call you cali time? my oil change is about 1k away and I am using you for the next one. also how will aces work without a predator, will it matter?

Nightmare,

We are open at 9:00 AM EST to 6:00 pm est. However, I have taken calls from Hawaii at 11:00 est if I know they are calling. I just forward the phones to my cell after 6:00.

Yea, it is time to get this on order and get it out to you. The ACES IV will work with or without a predator. Remember that the Charger and all LX cars use a speed density system. This adjusts timing, injector pulse width etc to help you get the most power, torque and fuel economy.

A Predator just biases the tune to performance over fuel economy. Not that you can't get fuel economy with the tune but it doesn't necessarily happen that way either.

Just give me a call tomorrow anytime and we can get it done.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

370 HEMI
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Thx guys. I have recently switched to 91 maby got 2k miles of 91 gas on the car. Im curious how different the car will feel on aces and qb....

The big things you will experience is smoother running, quieter bottom end, better power band, better throttle response, quiet valves and injectors, and better fuel economy.

Many customers have called me back and said that they can't get over how smooth the engine is and how the cars feel almost effortless with our QB oils and ACES IV.

I think you will really enjoy them.

Looking forward to working with you Nightmare!!:clap:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

wickedchargerrt
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
smoother accel ya, but who cares. 24 mpg on a cam and diablo cmr'ed car with a/c running = priceless

I never broke 23 stock :sad:

NightMare R/T
07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I work tomarrow and then have a 140 mi drive after work is a call on saturday ok? if you have the weekend off(or want it off) thats ok i wouldent inconvience someone if I can avoid it. So if its better for you would you rather I call monday?

GoofyTimL
07-23-2009, 10:29 PM
I don't come to ChargerForums often... 'cause I don't have a Charger, DUH! But when I saw this thread title I just had to open it up and see what the fuss was about 'cause I couldn't believe the title!

I first met Brian, and saw his demo of ACES IV and heard him (and Cherry) talk about the QB oil in Sept., 2006 at an Akron Horsepower Dyno Day. Took some home that day and have been using both in the 300C since then, and the MSRT8 since the first oil change (over two years now).

Each oil change is followed by a Blackstone Labs analysis, and protection has been maintained past 10k miles. However, I have decided to land on changes at every 9k miles as that's good enough to equal the cost of going Mobil1 every 3k. That's 30k+ miles (since that Sept.) total in the 300C and 24k+ miles since Feb., 2007 in the MSRT8.

We use 87 octane + ACES IV in the 300C and, with a 91 octane Predator canned tune have achieved 26+ mpg on the road between WV and Chicagoland.

Using 92 octane + ACES IV in the MSRT8 with the 93 octane + CAI Predator tune, I achieve at least 22 mpg on the road. Kind of makes me wish there was a 96 octane canned tune! I've never had or heard the oil squirter noise that many complain about.

So, in the end, I'm glad wicked used the title he did and expressed the "opposite" opinion in reality. You have many more miles to go my friend. I'm also glad that it now sounds like maybe I wasn't the only "sale" at LX&B that Brian made!

hemiitis
07-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks for that post! Always nice to hear stories like that. :thumbsup:

370 HEMI
07-23-2009, 11:37 PM
I work tomarrow and then have a 140 mi drive after work is a call on saturday ok? if you have the weekend off(or want it off) thats ok i wouldent inconvience someone if I can avoid it. So if its better for you would you rather I call monday?

NightMare,

I will have the cell phone on Saturday, so give it a try. I really don't want to wait anymore than we have to so that I can get the oil and ACES IV to you so that your oil change will be on time. I sometimes get worried about customer's engines and upper cylinders as if they were my own.

Call when you can, and we can get this going for you.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040

NightMare R/T
07-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Thx Brian :)

370 HEMI
07-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I don't come to ChargerForums often... 'cause I don't have a Charger, DUH! But when I saw this thread title I just had to open it up and see what the fuss was about 'cause I couldn't believe the title!

I first met Brian, and saw his demo of ACES IV and heard him (and Cherry) talk about the QB oil in Sept., 2006 at an Akron Horsepower Dyno Day. Took some home that day and have been using both in the 300C since then, and the MSRT8 since the first oil change (over two years now).

Each oil change is followed by a Blackstone Labs analysis, and protection has been maintained past 10k miles. However, I have decided to land on changes at every 9k miles as that's good enough to equal the cost of going Mobil1 every 3k. That's 30k+ miles (since that Sept.) total in the 300C and 24k+ miles since Feb., 2007 in the MSRT8.

We use 87 octane + ACES IV in the 300C and, with a 91 octane Predator canned tune have achieved 26+ mpg on the road between WV and Chicagoland.

Using 92 octane + ACES IV in the MSRT8 with the 93 octane + CAI Predator tune, I achieve at least 22 mpg on the road. Kind of makes me wish there was a 96 octane canned tune! I've never had or heard the oil squirter noise that many complain about.

So, in the end, I'm glad wicked used the title he did and expressed the "opposite" opinion in reality. You have many more miles to go my friend. I'm also glad that it now sounds like maybe I wasn't the only "sale" at LX&B that Brian made!

Tim,

Thank you for the nice words. We will work hard to keep your trust in us.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

That-Guy
07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, but i see that ACES and Quantum Blue are being discussed here. I drive as a daily driver Mercedes E55AMG 2003. I put the ACES complete system in my car, the QB Oils in my Diff, Trans, and the pan...WOW. WOW WOW!!! I wish i could take you all for a ride pre and post ACES. What a different ride! The only complaint i have is that i am now going through rear tires a lot more.

Mr. Brian, I salute your genius! I can't wait to put this in my racing boat!

I will post some photos of my toys for you all as they start going on ACES and Quantum Blue!

hskr
07-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey Brian, will be putting in an order fro some more AcesIV in the next few days. Wondering if you got anything figured out with the 3oz bottles?? Lately I have been filling up at the gas station, and then waiting until I get home to add in the ACES. And sometimes due to me being forgetful or getting side tracked easily I've gone a couple days after a fill up before I remember to add in the ACES.

Now to add my personal experience to this thread. Can't say I've noticed any gas mileage increase on my Charger, but my wife drives it and she doesn't track gas mileage like I do. Now, on my truck, before I made the decision to try the ACES, I consistantly burned through about 1 qt of oil every two weeks of driving(about 150 miles OUCH!!) Talking with Brian over the phone he assured me that my oil consumption would decrease with the ACES due to better lubrication for the upper piston rings allowing them to seal better. I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try. I've wasted more money for less before. First tank with the ACES and I could tell a difference on acceleration however slight it was, but that wasn't the reason I bought it. I did have to add in a qt of oil(using Mobil1) during the first tank, but you can't expect miracles overnight right?? Since then, I have not had to add ANY oil and I've probably burned through 4 tanks of gas(kind of lost track). And my gas mileage has improved from averaging about 10-11mpg to 12-13mpg. I drive my truck about 10 miles a day most days, and I drive it hard. It's also definetely far from stock. I need to get back to the drag strip to see if there is any increase there. I'm pretty sure I will see a difference just by the way the tuck drives now. And I'm running 89 octane. Without the ACES, under hard acceleration my truck had detonation on 89. With the ACES I haven't heard any.

370 HEMI
07-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey Brian, will be putting in an order fro some more AcesIV in the next few days. Wondering if you got anything figured out with the 3oz bottles?? Lately I have been filling up at the gas station, and then waiting until I get home to add in the ACES. And sometimes due to me being forgetful or getting side tracked easily I've gone a couple days after a fill up before I remember to add in the ACES.

Now to add my personal experience to this thread. Can't say I've noticed any gas mileage increase on my Charger, but my wife drives it and she doesn't track gas mileage like I do. Now, on my truck, before I made the decision to try the ACES, I consistantly burned through about 1 qt of oil every two weeks of driving(about 150 miles OUCH!!) Talking with Brian over the phone he assured me that my oil consumption would decrease with the ACES due to better lubrication for the upper piston rings allowing them to seal better. I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try. I've wasted more money for less before. First tank with the ACES and I could tell a difference on acceleration however slight it was, but that wasn't the reason I bought it. I did have to add in a qt of oil(using Mobil1) during the first tank, but you can't expect miracles overnight right?? Since then, I have not had to add ANY oil and I've probably burned through 4 tanks of gas(kind of lost track). And my gas mileage has improved from averaging about 10-11mpg to 12-13mpg. I drive my truck about 10 miles a day most days, and I drive it hard. It's also definetely far from stock. I need to get back to the drag strip to see if there is any increase there. I'm pretty sure I will see a difference just by the way the tuck drives now. And I'm running 89 octane. Without the ACES, under hard acceleration my truck had detonation on 89. With the ACES I haven't heard any.

Thanks Brian!

Yes, I have the 3 oz bottle samples and with your next order, I will send a couple to you to see how they work for you.

Just let me know if you like them.

Regards,

Brian
BND Automotive LLC

hemiitis
07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Now, on my truck, before I made the decision to try the ACES, I consistantly burned through about 1 qt of oil every two weeks of driving(about 150 miles OUCH!!) Talking with Brian over the phone he assured me that my oil consumption would decrease with the ACES due to better lubrication for the upper piston rings allowing them to seal better. I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try. I've wasted more money for less before. First tank with the ACES and I could tell a difference on acceleration however slight it was, but that wasn't the reason I bought it. I did have to add in a qt of oil(using Mobil1) during the first tank, but you can't expect miracles overnight right?? Since then, I have not had to add ANY oil and I've probably burned through 4 tanks of gas(kind of lost track).
When you can, switch to the QB oil in the truck, too, and I bet it helps even more. :thumbsup:

hskr
07-24-2009, 01:08 PM
When you can, switch to the QB oil in the truck, too, and I bet it helps even more. :thumbsup:
I have absolutely no doubt that it will, but I run 5K drain intervals on the Mobil1 and with the few miles I drive the truck anymore I don't even hit that in one year. I'll probably switch out this fall once we get caught back up on bills from the wife being out of work for a month.

370 HEMI
07-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I have absolutely no doubt that it will, but I run 5K drain intervals on the Mobil1 and with the few miles I drive the truck anymore I don't even hit that in one year. I'll probably switch out this fall once we get caught back up on bills from the wife being out of work for a month.

Brian,

When we do put a blend together for you, I will take the 10 miles per day into consideration. I have customers that don't go through 10k miles a year and actually barely go 10k in 2 years. I make those blends to be 10k or 2 years so that people don't have to change them just because a year is up.

Demulsifiers, tackifiers, higher Zinc and Phosphorous all contribute to a blend that works for your situation on the Dakota too.

When you are ready,

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

gcarrick
07-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Well, this stuff called "ACES IV"..... after 6 tanks through the car, i can honestly say that there is a definite improvement in the way the engine runs! all just a little smoother, little quieter and a little peppier.... i would love to look at the QB oils, but well, just too expensive atm while i am meeting the warranty terms for oil changes!!! but i do have the future to look forward to, since i plan on keeping my wee beasty for a long time. (my 6 yr old daughter has laid claim to the car for when she is old enough)!!

Thanks Brian for making a quality product!

hemiitis
07-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Running the QB oil really isn't much different in cost than running M1 @ 3K drain intervals, except that you simply pay for 9-10K miles up front with QB. It does take a one time hit on the 'ol budget, though.

gcarrick
07-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Cost isn't in the oil, it is in the exchange rate, shipping and taxes. :) and i would have a bugger of a time convincing my dealer that a 10-15k oil change schedule was a good thing.

Steelborn1
07-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Why would you have a problem? Just don't tell them. Since the product works, you would have nothing to warranty anyways. :bigthumb:

GoofyTimL
07-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Cost isn't in the oil, it is in the exchange rate, shipping and taxes. :) and i would have a bugger of a time convincing my dealer that a 10-15k oil change schedule was a good thing.Back it up with an oil analysis! If the analysis says the oil still has it's protective properties/additives, then it can't be claimed that the longer interval did damage.

370 HEMI
07-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Back it up with an oil analysis! If the analysis says the oil still has it's protective properties/additives, then it can't be claimed that the longer interval did damage.

Tim,

That is the real point here. The analysis is all that the "warranty" company can go off of anyway. If a component goes south, it will fill the oil with copper or iron, or lead etc. The analysis will still give the amount of soot, viscosity, TBN etc. If all is good even at 10k miles, then no worries.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC