Small Scratches [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: Small Scratches

Bosshogg
03-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Is their anything out there that blends in the little smalls scrathes/nicks? My car has a few little scratches on it from when i was stored while i was deployed, and wanna get my baby looking right again. Thanks ladies and gents.

Bosshogg
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G10307

anyone ever tried this

Grave.Digger
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
First,
you will want to wash your entire car. It does not matter if you think your car is already clean. There are harmful elements in the air and environment that chemically bond to your car's paint surface. Washing your car thoroughly will help to remove dust, pollen, and debris from the road.

Step2

Next, you will want to completely dry off your vehicle. You do not want to begin treating the scratched areas of your cars surface until it is completely dry. Any soap or water left from the wash could dilute or diminish the effectiveness of the product.

Step3

After the car has been cleaned and dried, you can apply a high quality car care product like Meguiar's ScratchX™ or any other well respected brand onto the foam applicator pad. Other manufacturer's include Mother's, Eagle One, and Turtle Wax. All of these products have the intent to remove:

1. Random, isolated scratches
2. Cobweb-effect
3. Buffer swirls
4. Oxidation
5. Pore imbedding stains
6. Chemical etching
7. Acid rain spots
8. Etching from bird droppings

Step4

Apply a dime size amount of the scratch remover on your applicator pad. Rub the product into the scratched area until the area is completely covered. This process is not so much about applying the product and then removing it, it is more about applying the product and working it into the scratches. It will seem that the product is actually "filling in" the hairline scratches, but it is actually removing the top layer of your car's paint.

Step5

Once you work in the product on the desired areas of your car's surface, you will want to take a clean and dry terry cloth, ( a baby's clean cloth diaper is ideal), and polish the area with a nice spray wax.

Using premium quality applicators and towels insure that you do not inflict any additional scratches back into the paint surface. This will polish the area and really bring out the shine and mirror-like qualities in your paint.

Tips on removing scratches from your car’s paint from the surface car experts at Meguiar’s.

How to Safely Remove Fine Scratches from Your Car's Paint by Hand

Micro-fine, hairline scratches can often be removed by hand using a non-abrasive paint cleaner or swirl remover polish like Meguiar's ScratchX™. It safely and effectively removes below surface defects like fine scratches and bonded contaminants from paint surfaces, while enhancing the paint's gloss. Unlike many of today’s overly abrasive scratch removing formulas, will not leave more scratches than it removes. The product is ideal for solving isolated paint problems and can even be used to revive a vehicle’s entire paint finish. If it is possible to remove a blemish or scratch by hand, ScratchX is the perfect solution.

The most common below surface defects, many of which can be removed by hand are listed below:

2. Cobweb-effect
3. Buffer swirls
4. Oxidation
5. Pore imbedding stains
6. Chemical etching
7. Acid rain spots

ScratchX is not a wipe-on, wipe-off product like a wax; it's more of a wipe on, and gently work it into the finish product. You will need a clean, foam applicator pad to work the product into the finish and a good quality terry cloth towel, like Meguiar's Ultra Plush Super Terry, or a microfiber towel, like Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber, for wipe off to make certain that your effort provides the desired result. It's important to note that using premium quality applicators and towels insures that you do not inflict any additional scratches back into the paint surface.

:rocker:

PROPER AUTO CARE (http://www.properautocare.com/noname5.html)

:beerchug:

Bosshogg
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
First,
you will want to wash your entire car. It does not matter if you think your car is already clean. There are harmful elements in the air and environment that chemically bond to your car's paint surface. Washing your car thoroughly will help to remove dust, pollen, and debris from the road.

Step2

Next, you will want to completely dry off your vehicle. You do not want to begin treating the scratched areas of your cars surface until it is completely dry. Any soap or water left from the wash could dilute or diminish the effectiveness of the product.

Step3

After the car has been cleaned and dried, you can apply a high quality car care product like Meguiar's ScratchX™ or any other well respected brand onto the foam applicator pad. Other manufacturer's include Mother's, Eagle One, and Turtle Wax. All of these products have the intent to remove:

2. Cobweb-effect
3. Buffer swirls
4. Oxidation
5. Pore imbedding stains
6. Chemical etching
7. Acid rain spots

Step4

Apply a dime size amount of the scratch remover on your applicator pad. Rub the product into the scratched area until the area is completely covered. This process is not so much about applying the product and then removing it, it is more about applying the product and working it into the scratches. It will seem that the product is actually "filling in" the hairline scratches, but it is actually removing the top layer of your car's paint.

Step5

Once you work in the product on the desired areas of your car's surface, you will want to take a clean and dry terry cloth, ( a baby's clean cloth diaper is ideal), and polish the area with a nice spray wax.

Using premium quality applicators and towels insure that you do not inflict any additional scratches back into the paint surface. This will polish the area and really bring out the shine and mirror-like qualities in your paint.

Tips on removing scratches from your car’s paint from the surface car experts at Meguiar’s.

How to Safely Remove Fine Scratches from Your Car's Paint by Hand

Micro-fine, hairline scratches can often be removed by hand using a non-abrasive paint cleaner or swirl remover polish like Meguiar's ScratchX™. It safely and effectively removes below surface defects like fine scratches and bonded contaminants from paint surfaces, while enhancing the paint's gloss. Unlike many of today’s overly abrasive scratch removing formulas, will not leave more scratches than it removes. The product is ideal for solving isolated paint problems and can even be used to revive a vehicle’s entire paint finish. If it is possible to remove a blemish or scratch by hand, ScratchX is the perfect solution.

The most common below surface defects, many of which can be removed by hand are listed below:

2. Cobweb-effect
3. Buffer swirls
4. Oxidation
5. Pore imbedding stains
6. Chemical etching
7. Acid rain spots

ScratchX is not a wipe-on, wipe-off product like a wax; it's more of a wipe on, and gently work it into the finish product. You will need a clean, foam applicator pad to work the product into the finish and a good quality terry cloth towel, like Meguiar's Ultra Plush Super Terry, or a microfiber towel, like Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber, for wipe off to make certain that your effort provides the desired result. It's important to note that using premium quality applicators and towels insures that you do not inflict any additional scratches back into the paint surface.

:rocker:

PROPER AUTO CARE (http://www.properautocare.com/noname5.html)

:beerchug:

Wow thanks alot Grave. If it doesnt rain this weekend that is gonna be my project

Grave.Digger
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, when the weather gets better over here I gotta do the same thing, I learned the dumb way at the friggen do it yourself car wash on post that the hose was scratching my paint.

Bosshogg
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah live and learn. Im at school on Ft. Jackson now and found a really good car wash here, and all it did was show me how many lil scrathes i have. kinda pissed me off ALOT

kyote
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
for more than a few light scratches, check out Junkman's videos on the forum. I have a black car, too, and the swirl marks are horrible. I just got an email from UPS about an hour ago that confirmed my Porter Cable swirl remover kit (http://autogeek.net/xmtpocainswr.html) has been dropped off on my porch! I plan to fix my paint this weekend and will definitely post pics.

Bosshogg
03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
for more than a few light scratches, check out Junkman's videos on the forum. I have a black car, too, and the swirl marks are horrible. I just got an email from UPS about an hour ago that confirmed my Porter Cable swirl remover kit (http://autogeek.net/xmtpocainswr.html) has been dropped off on my porch! I plan to fix my paint this weekend and will definitely post pics.

Keep us posted, and def post pics. how much did it run you, if you dont mind me asking?

kyote
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Keep us posted, and def post pics. how much did it run you, if you dont mind me asking?

here is my receipt. I ordered paint sealant, too, because I am moving to Ft Sill in a few weeks and will not have access to nice place to clean my car anymore; I figured that the sealant will protect my paint until I leave there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Product Code - Product Name Price
1 PCX-9500-CCS - XMT Porter Cable Intermediate Swirl Rem 249.99
1 WG-COMBO - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Combo 49.99
1 HNBK-WOLF - Wolfgang Car Care Handbook 0.00
1 HNBK-PIN - Pinnacle Car Care Handbook 0.00
Sub-Total: 299.98
Tax: 0.00
Shipping & Handling: 23.95
TOTAL: 323.93

Bosshogg
03-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Do you stay in the B's or housing, or off post

Grave.Digger
03-13-2009, 12:13 PM
They'd have to shoot me before I moved to Sill.. Screw that place out in the middle of no-where.

kyote
03-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Do you stay in the B's or housing, or off post

I should be in the BOQ, but not sure where that is. I will be attending the Field Artillery Basic Officer Course, so I won't be there too long.

Any good places to go out in town?

Bosshogg
03-15-2009, 06:08 PM
They'd have to shoot me before I moved to Sill.. Screw that place out in the middle of no-where.

Couldnt agree with anymore. F that place.

I should be in the BOQ, but not sure where that is. I will be attending the Field Artillery Basic Officer Course, so I won't be there too long.

Any good places to go out in town?

I went there for basic and that was bk in 2000. But there was nothing there at all. A buddy of mine is stationed there, and he says that everyone drive to TX to have fun. Also dont try to out run the cops out there. I heard the bike cops ride the Hayabusa.