What's wrong with Armorall??? [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

: What's wrong with Armorall???

Hellbent
03-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Ok Guys I have been reading alot about never using the stuff , what's the deal with it, why is it such a wrong choice to use the stuff on our cars?

also what else should I use for the dash besides a moist towel?

BOSChargerRT
03-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Ok Guys I have been reading alot about never using the stuff , what's the deal with it, why is it such a wrong choice to use the stuff on our cars?

also what else should I use for the dash besides a moist towel?
hellbent,
armorall leaves a greasy wet layer on all parts..it causes your dash to reflect onto your windshield...thats bad..it shows dry spots or finger prints...you should go w/ mothers or mequires (tip-always spray onto the rag only)...these dry w/ a show room finish..also for your tires use the same product w/ the liquid version and foam contoured pad...better tire coverage and won't splatter as much all over the underside of the car...i'm sure there are other brands that work just as well..always try and use the best products including rags and wash pad/mitts..your car will love you for it...thats why we all bought this car...anymore tips feel free to ask..
jimmy

mighty noid
03-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Armorall is oil base and that is not good for dash or plastic parts.

Other products out there are water base and they are better.

Just my 2 cents on this subject.

GoDaddy
03-13-2006, 06:52 AM
jimmy is right on - use the meguiars it is a great product. it cleans the dash and makes it a little shiny compared to armorall which i am not sure if it cleans the dash so much as leave a huge grease layering over the dash and allowing sun to reflect into my eyes.

i have used armorall on others cars and hated it. my baby won't be exposed to armorall. plus i have read it "could" assist the dash in cracking. that is a big no no in my book.

jeffvb9
03-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Armorall is oil base and that is not good for dash or plastic parts.

Other products out there are water base and they are better.

Just my 2 cents on this subject.

Armour All is NOT oil based any more. It is now water based.

Still wouldnt use it on anything but the tires.

danmanrt
03-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Great now i find this out after i used all armor all products on my car this weekend!!!!!!!!Next time il use the mothers!Thanks!

El Tino
03-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Great now i find this out after i used all armor all products on my car this weekend!!!!!!!!Next time il use the mothers!Thanks!

The damage is done. Sell it immediately.

chargershed
03-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Armour All is NOT oil based any more. It is now water based.

Still wouldnt use it on anything but the tires.
Armour was always water based, the problem with it is when it dries it takes any moisture from what it is "protecting" with it... Thus the need to constantly use it...

Hellbent
03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot for the info guys , will definetly check meguiars and mothers

arfur
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
The damage is done. Sell it immediately.

I'll have it for ten bucks! :nerd:

danmanrt
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Nah il pass, il just buy some cleaner

Infernal
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
If you want some quality products try the following:

Invisible Glass- great glass cleaner, cheap

To clean cloth, vinyl etc put some woolite in a spray bottle with water, it works wonders and completely safe

Leather cleaner/protectant is Lexol www.lexol.com

Vinyl protectant that won't leave a shiny residue, looks matte is 303 Aerospace protectant.

Just some additional items to check out.